Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Not to me, it isn't. Oh, I agree it's a shame Cora never sent out one single good reliever and instead sent out Rodriguez. No Martin, Winck, Crawford, Jansen, et al. But at least tonight we saw some offense which we really haven't see much of recently.
  2. Well, gotta blame that loss on Bello for only going 4 innings and giving up that huge run.
  3. Unbelievable freaking rally.
  4. Spot on. I sometime like to say a shutout (of our hitting) combined with a bloodbath (of our pitching) means we didn't waste good hitting or good pitching. But the Sox look awful tonight. Bello only lasted 4 innings, but at least he showed some guts on a night when he did not have his best stuff.
  5. Let's see now . . . Bello goes 4 innings and give ups 1 run, and the bullpen has now gone 2 1/3 innings and given up 7 runs. And Bello gets singled out as a bum by our resident expert and beer connoisseur.
  6. I don't drink, but my guess is you've had two or three too many Gansetts. Otherwise you would have more sense than to single out Bello for criticism when it's the rest of the team--the bullpen and the lineup--that are falling on their asses. Yes, 5 innings for the bullpen. Too freaking bad. But at least Bello--unlike Sale, Kluber, Pivetta, Houck, Paxton, Whitlock, whoever--didn't give the game away. He went 4, giving up 1 run. And you want to label him a bum.
  7. No, the point being you are wrong about this game. As others with some sense have pointed out, while 4 innings is subpar for a start, giving up 1 run in 4 innings is pretty doggone terrific. The lineup is scoreless in 6 innings. Garza couldn't go two innings and gave up 2 runs.
  8. Who made you king of Talksox? Bello didn't have it tonight--thus 30 pitches in the first inning and 59 in the first two. But he showed a ton of heart, especially after the lead off triple in the 4th inning--and no run scored. You want unacceptable? Point out Garza from the bullpen and the freaking lineup. Compared to them--the lineup and Garza--Bello is the start of the Sox in this game.
  9. Gutsy 4 innings by Bello.
  10. What a waste of men on 2d and 3d with no one out. Tapia's at bat was just stupid.
  11. Two innings, 59 pitches for Bello.
  12. I use them interchangeably.
  13. Huge jump for the guy going to 2d--on a foul tip, thank goodness.
  14. Bello's changeup breaks right, some, but not down. Very hittable.
  15. So far Bello needs 10 pitches per out.
  16. Looks like the bad Sox lineup is playing tonight.
  17. It sure looks as though the very last thing Sox pitching coaches focus on is command, and by that I mean at all levels of the Sox system.
  18. They are having no problem seeing his pitches and which ones to swing at.
  19. Only if anyone uses the other thread which was eons and eons too late. mvp 78 be the man!
  20. Thanks. By all means go with his.
  21. Redlegs vs Red Sox Lively vs. Bello, both righties Tapia RF Devers 3B Turner DH Yoshida LF Duran CF Casas 1B Kike Hernandez SS Valdez 2B McGuire C Last time out (7 days ago) Bello went 7 innings, giving up 2 runs vs. the Angels, with McGuire catching. So I expect a good start tonight. In his last 2 starts Lively went 6, giving up 2 runs vs St Louis, and went 5.2, giving up 2 vs. the Yankees. He had 8 K's in both games. So he could be tough.
  22. Maybe JDM fixed his "sucker for a slider" syndrome. I was fine with not re-signing him, and like Turner, his putative replacement. With both Duvall and Story on the sidelines and Devers in a mini-slump, I'm also fine with this year's lineup--so far. I like the current rotation and the bullpen.
  23. I'm with both of you. His stance and swing look unusual, but he definitely has remarkable hand-eye coordination. He does not swing hard on every pitch, just as you say. Big Papi is in the HOF on his swing and swing alone, and we all remember at least one long and painful slump he had. Was I mad when Devers went 0 for 5 in the 4-2 loss to the Diamondbacks, especially the K with the bases loaded? You bet I was. I also don't like that giant wad he chews on. But Raffie can hit and works hard on his fielding. I hate those long term contracts, but think his was justified.
×
×
  • Create New...