Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. And he actually does get official credit for both--blown save and the win.
  2. 3 hits (and 2 runs) in the first 7 innings. Then 5 hits and 6 runs in the 8th inning. This is what moonslav likes to remind us of. Let's see how Jansen does with a 6 run lead in the 9th.
  3. OK, 2-2. Bad start by Martin, but good finish. Very exciting ball game.
  4. Completely agree they overpaid him at $10M.
  5. I could have, but I don't remember doing so. Maybe it was for an at bat.
  6. Cora knows ten times as much as I do, but I would have stayed with Pivetta vice bringing in Martin. I wrote that before the double, but you don't have to believe me.
  7. You are probably right, but I think he should--depend more on the breaking stuff than on that worthless fast ball of his.
  8. Hmm. Public enemy #1 on talksox, the worst player in Sox history--according to all of you--just hit the go ahead dinger.
  9. Heckuva, heckuva ball game. Too bad no one else on talksox is watching it. Instead, the usual bellyaching about anything and everything. I think the big change in Pivetta is he's throwing a lot of breaking balls and throwing them well. Clean 7th inning.
  10. Everyone remember the bad throw by Devers last night followed by the three so-called unearned runs? I like Turner a lot, but I think Casas catches that throw and gets the 3d out.
  11. Not good. Hopefully Sale is just sick and not hurt. But I'm proud of him. Absolutely no quitter. In fact--and even though I'm really p.o.'d at the weak hitting--I'm kind of proud of our Sox tonight because of Sale's pitching and the defensive effort. Duran actually banged his head against the centerfield wall and I can't remember the last time I saw a Sox outfielder do that. Great throw by Dugo and just as great a play at the plate by Wong. As for the hitting, the Reds have a monster on the mound with that fastball and slider.
  12. Verdugo RF Devers 3B Turner DH Yoshida LF Duran CF Hernandez SS Casas 1b Wong C Valdez 2B
  13. That is guaranteed to no one.
  14. You guys still don't get it. Yes, certainly, Bello only went 4 innings because he control/command sucked. On the other hand, he showed a ton of heart and gave up just 1 run in 4 innings. You guys need to go back and look at all those starts by Sale, Kluber, Houck, Pivetta, Paxton, and even Bello in which they gave up a bunch of runs early and made it really hard for the Sox to come back. Put it this way. Which would you rather have, a starter who went 5 innings and gave up 4-5 runs or 4 innings and 1 run?
  15. No promises needed. Use what ever voice/perspective you prefer.
  16. June is bustin' out all over Sale vs. Greene, lefty vs. righty Sale has his work cut out for him. Same old stinky defense. The same frightening bullpen that blew that magnificent 8 inning, 1 run start he had May 13. Last night Crawford and Winck both got hit hard. And Sox hitting that sure looks inconsistent to me.
×
×
  • Create New...