Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Looks like Pivetta will start the 2d game. Kluber looks like the same ace we've been rooting for all season long.
  2. Meh. It wasn't that far off. Plus I doubt that it made a difference. Kelly had his number.
  3. Duran looked completely helpless--and has looked that way too often lately. Yes, it was a sweeper he swung on and missed, but it was near the middle of the strike zone.
  4. Casas is talking a blue streak to Duran. Not sure I like that.
  5. So, in comes the righty to pitch to Ref, and out of the dugout comes Duran. It's only the 5th inning, but it's a 4-1 game, the Sox have 2 on base and a real opportunity.
  6. I think the Rays do this more than anyone else. Start a righty against all those lefty bats, then go to a lefty in the 3d inning. Also this. The Sox finally score one run, and the Rays have a lengthy conference on the mound with 1 out, a man on first, and Devers coming to the plate. Devers gets his pitch, a sinker in the middle and hits a chopper to 3b for the ground out to get the lead runner.
  7. My guess is the Sox will consider Mayer for starting SS next year primarily for his defense and hope he can adapt to MLB pitching over time. He can definitely hit.
  8. I'm completely in favor of universal health care. Most VA hospitals, I agree, can't compete with the for profit civilian ones, but they aren't too bad on routine stuff--and they are free. Hospitals runs by the services are better than VA hospitals
  9. I thought the same thing, but I also have a high opinion of Wong's intelligence as a catcher.
  10. He's what we've got. Story languishes on the IL for the 2d year in a row. Chang injured himself swinging the freaking bat. Arroyo's played SS and he too is on the IL. And Marcelo Mayer, the Sox highest draft since 2009--4th overall in 2021--was just promoted to AA Portland. He can hit and field and had to be a big reason why Bogey wasn't re-signed.
  11. I noticed and agree. But my big hangup is with those heavy gold necklaces. I think Dugo wears two--and they never seem to interfere with his fielding.
  12. About American vets now being discussed in the booth. I could be wrong, but I do believe no other nation does more for their vets than the American people. Of course, we do send them off to fight in an awful lot of wars.
  13. The box score seems to say Tampa is once again running a clinic, just as they did in April at the Trop. True?
  14. Is that right? Were all 3 runs in the 2d legitimately charged to Whitlock?
  15. I missed the top of the 2d. The mlb summary and box score say the error by Kike did not lead to any unearned runs. All 3 are charged to Whitlock. Whoops, there goes another rubber tree plant--error #2 by Kike, again on his throw.
  16. Thanks. That explains why the challenge by the Reds failed. Wong had complete control of the throw from Dugo.
  17. True. I still think Pivetta will start one of the four Rays games, but Cora could still decide to go with Kluber.
  18. I'm certainly no expert, but I know what I saw last year: JDM was a sucker for low and away sliders. In 2018, about which I raved in my earlier post, JDM's OPS was 1.031 his WAR was 6.7, and he batted in 130 runs. Last year his OPS was .790, his WAR was 1.1, and he batted in 62 runs. You seem to think last year, for which JDM was paid $20M, was just fine and dandy. This year his OPS is back up to .951 and his WAR is 1.0 for 1/3 of a season. So, as I also pointed out, maybe he or his hitting coach fixed that tendency to chase low and away sliders.
  19. Agree, 7th is about the highest the Sox can go because Fenway is a small park. Also agree the Sox are just a tad over 80% capacity.
  20. This is the first game Saturday, which we will call the replacement for Friday night's postponed game. Presumably, it's still Glasgow vs. Houck. Game time is 1:10 pm
×
×
  • Create New...