Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. One more shout out to McGuire, who has been good behind the plate.
  2. Kike and McGuire with the 2 rbi's. No hits by the top three in the order, but 4 and 5 (Yoshida and Duran) have 2 hits each.
  3. I think we're watching a pretty good game tonight. Sox pitching excellent and Diamondbacks' just good enough to keep it at 2-1. Good defense by the Sox, including Tapia's effort on the double and Casas's recovery from the fumbled grounder.
  4. Do not disagree at all. But bunting is still a skill I'm not sure Duran possesses. To bunt your way on, you have to drag it down the first base line, or bunt it to the left, not too hard (third baseman) or soft (catcher) or too close to the pitcher.
  5. Wow. Great 6th by Crawford. He used a cutter, a 4 seamer, a curveball, and a changeup.
  6. Crawford, who's been pretty good. But last time out he gave up 1 run in 2 innings. Casas blunders badly, twice, but recovers in time for the out.
  7. Really? Is that why the Sox signed Tapia?
  8. Three straight sliders to K Kike. Almost 70 years ago the 1954 Giants had a pinch hitter named Dusty Rhodes. Could not hit a changeup to save his life, and once said that, if they played in Alaska, an Eskimo would say, "can't hit the change." In the 1954 World Series he hit a key dinger--off a change up.
  9. Bunting is very definitely a skill. And I don't think Duran's mastered it yet. Meanwhile, however, his OBP is .353 and his OPS .837: not too shabby.
  10. Not sure. But his DWAR last year was -0.6, so very definitely an improvement. Plus the hitting of course.
  11. 1. I'm probably a nerd. 2. I usually don't see enough of the playing field--and the route by Duran--to be confident in how good a catch was. Tonight's looked awfully good, however. 3. 5 innings, 1 run by Whitlock!!!! Very gutsy start.
  12. I loved that catch, but can't be sure he's in the "very good" category. His DWAR so far is +0.1. According to espn's stats, there are 21 better centerfielders.
  13. We're just in the 5th inning, but so far this is a heckuva game. Diamondbacks (I like that name) scored first, but the no name offense tied it and then went ahead, 2-1. Whitlock does not have his best stuff, but is getting guys out.
  14. Four excellent innings by Whitlock--on pure buzzard guts. He has like 5 pitches in his repertoire and tonight he's basically going with the fast ball and that oh so sweet changeup.
  15. I could be wrong, but I think communications inevitably break down when it's not clear who can actually catch the doggone thing. That's why collisions happen in the outfield. Nice grab by Duran.
  16. Close up of the non-collision in CF. Neat pause by Dugo saved the day.
  17. Nice grab, Duran! That changeup is big medicine.
  18. I love sac bunts. Not because they are necessarily useful, but because bunting is a skill too rarely seen thanks to sabermetrics. Especially by our Sox. And, since you are a leading McGuire booster/cheerleader, you should be thrilled.
  19. Well, hello there. Peace. I'm glad Davies took a downturn, and so are you. Whitlock is gutting it out on his fastball and changeup. Sox load the bases on a walk to pinch-hitter--in the 4th freaking inning--to Reyes. The relief pitcher gave up the walk. No name McGuire bunted home the go ahead run. So three good calls by Cora: pinch-hitter, telling McGuire to bunt; keeping Whitlock in the game.
  20. No name lineup ties it up on a single by the worst hitter--in the opinion of some on talksox--in the history of MLB. Enrique Hernandez is the name, and pissing on his detractors is his game. I'm not sure Kike can hit, but am grateful he is available at SS. In case anyone's interested, Kike's DWAR is +0.1.
  21. Seeing a lot of grit from Whitlock tonight. Good for him. And good for McGuire.
×
×
  • Create New...