Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Hitch

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hitch

  1. Exactly how I feel.
  2. There's more rumblings around Framber Valdez today. If he's available we really should be in on him with them looking for a left handed batter with speed. Not to mention if our big 3 work out Marcelo Mayer Roman Anthony Kyle Teel Along with our fringe players Wilyer Abreu Emmanuel Valdez Added to our every day players Jaren Duran Triston Casas Masataka Yoshida Rafael Devers We will have 9 left handed hitters in the team at the end of this year. We really could do with a trade or two to balance that out.
  3. @JonHeyman on the Red Sox (via @BRWalkoff stream): “I think the Red Sox still have a big move in them … I do think the Red Sox will do something.” .@JonHeyman called the Red Sox a “good possibility” for Jordan Montgomery if things don’t work out in Texas. “I hear that the Red Sox certainly do like Montgomery very much.”
  4. That's assuming that he'd be happy with that of course. I imagine most pitchers who have a good track record want that long contract to lock in their reward, rather than hoping they hold up to get two smaller contacts. If we could get him and extend for 3 years I'd be all for it.
  5. 30 years old at the moment. 32 at free agency. Can't see them even entertaining an extension. The mere suggestion has likely caused a bowel movement in Henry.
  6. Let's ignore the 'facts' you've got wrong on Bauer, just taking the sheer stupidity of the point 'women get believed 100% of the time' is something maybe you could educate yourself on? (Who am I kidding?) Still, those conniving women, eh?
  7. I hope there's no other women here having to read this s***, either.
  8. Congratulations on forming the worst post in forum history. You f***ing low life.
  9. I wonder if we added on could we get Valdez. Then again with only 2 years left, he'd be going to free agency just as we're ready to go for it
  10. Who would you want in return?
  11. She isn't wrong. It feels like the top of the organisation are all over the place at the moment, leading to this garbled shite we hear every week. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if signed Monty even after all this.
  12. Yup. Even for him this has been quite something. Hopefully he'll have let the horses go by ST.
  13. No he wasn't. You strike me as someone who has done next to no reading up about the startlingly similar details four separate women have brought up when accusing him of rape, including the report from the people who did inspections of the damage imparted on the pubic/vaginal areas of one of the women and the damage his 'rough sex' beatings did to her face. Is it any wonder that most women who suffer sexual assault don't report it as they don't think they'll be believed when you've got f***ing clowns like this guy saying s*** like - "How he wants to f*** is his deal. We just need him to get guys out." Grim.
  14. f*** Bauer and anyone who wants him on the team.
  15. I don't disagree, but this is replying to a different point to that which I was making.
  16. And the non-homegrown players like Gomes, Koji Victorino and Napoli among others were and still are loved. And if another raft of new signings came in and we repeated they'd have been held in the same asteem. I'm not saying it's the right way to go about things. I'm saying fans want to win. While not everyone is the same, the vast majority want it any way it comes.
  17. I'm not sure how true this is. The '13 team was beloved by the fans with the free agents at the front of the queue. If we were winning every year with chances at a WS all while trading players and making changes routinely, the fans would be loving it and boasting about how smart the organisation is. Unfortunately, that's not the case and we're doing neither thing right. Fans want a winning organisation. Everything else is just noise.
  18. And therein lies the problem. He does care how much money he makes or loses and it isn't going to change. I also think he wants to be seen as beating the game and being smart enough to build a winning team for much less than others.
  19. Same. Yorke I'd pull that trigger all day.
  20. I wonder if the White Sox still feel burned by the way the return for Sale went and are in never again mode.
  21. I've heard this a few times. That can't be true, surely? If so, he deserved the sack for this alone.
  22. I'd be very much on board with this. I also think he's probably in the camp of 'we want at least one of your top 3'.
  23. I listened to that podcast. He didn't outright say it, but I thought he (and others tbf) have been taken aback by the cost of some of the trade targets. As I said the other day, there's no 16' Sale out there ready to be moved, yet the prices seem very much to be asking for a return for that sort of calibre. I don't really know how you get around that if you're not developing pitching yourself. They're clearly not looking to sign anyone off the top of the shelf. I guess one option is trade the second level prospects for pitchers still very much unproven.
  24. Werner speaks....
  25. I don't have a subscription, but for those that do - the full interview/comments are here: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/01/16/sports/craig-breslow-red-sox-interview-globe/
×
×
  • Create New...