Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Hitch

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hitch

  1. This seems most likely. He's obviously going to be involved to a degree, and impossible to judge how good/bad that is,
  2. That would definitely be my reason for it. If they've no interest in moving Devers across, there's less scope for it. But I share the same concerns you've highlighted above.
  3. I'd trade Casas and Abreu for pitching. Take the risk and extend Anthony if you can. I'm glad we didn't sign Casas now (I was calling for it).
  4. This is me, too. I think we'll be just short.
  5. While I don't dispute this, every team has hard luck stories that can add up to 3/4 wins. We are where we are, and we deserve to be there.
  6. Real strange one.
  7. Nothing deadline related.
  8. Roman Anthony scratched from Sea Dogs tonight. Gulp.
  9. I'm very glad we aren't sending packages away like the Padres have just done.
  10. Padres nabbing Scott
  11. Feels like the Cubs got fleeced a little there.
  12. Well, it's 9 games rather than 1 or 2, and came at the worst possible time. It may have had little effect, but the temptation to push the chips in will have decreased for sure.
  13. That above all else will be why I'll think of Bloom's time here as a failure despite some of the good he did. He had two (one big one) deadlines where he should have sold and could have put us in a great position. Huge missed opportunity.
  14. I'm not saying it's right, only what I think has happened. In saying that, the bullpen arms cost has been very high. I don't blame him for not matching some of the trades we've seen.
  15. I think coming out of the All Star break 2-7 shifted him back into the middle of the road.
  16. To clear up once more - I'm saying if you can trade Pivetta for the kind of haul Houston give up, then flip it with maybe additional for a better pitcher with more years of control it's a no brainer. And while I doubt anything close to this happens, if an opportunity presented itself he should (and will) absolutely do it. I wouldn't blame him for doing not much else. The cost of relievers has been insane. Though I hope I am wrong.
  17. Still get other pitching. But if you can get that sort of return, you do it. Then package with another prospect or two and get one of the big boys back.
  18. For an absolutely ridiculous price. If you're bringing that back for Kikuchi, I'm dangling Pivetta for sure.
  19. Great news on Cora. Best thing that could happen right now.
  20. It's a real shame that Craig can't see into the future and get every single deal perfectly suited to us. We've missed a trick there. We should have gotten ourselves one of those people. A real shame. But at least we get to moan about it ad nauseam. That's fun.
  21. I'm not sure The Sox get in the play offs but damn is this team fun to watch, and crucially, look like they will be for the foreseeable. I feel dirty, and terrible, and dirty, for suggesting Duran should be traded in the off season. Bad, dirty Hitch.
  22. I'm glad I won't be around to see the board reaction to that stretch. Poor Henry the 105th.
  23. I've no idea, I'd kinda given up on the idea. But he seems to be hanging around for it.
  24. Actually, I wondered if Bailey might be speculating about it. #Bailception.
  25. Absolutely. This is why I rarely get involved with discussions around which GM is the best/who is good/who is bad. The conversation is always far too shallow. Ben, Dave, Chaim, all have their flaws and all have their strengths and it takes years and years (and even then mostly incomplete) to get a good idea of their legacies and effects on their clubs. And they're always, AWLAYS intertwined with each other.
×
×
  • Create New...