Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. That doesn’t mean Xander is the more valuable player. Look at the ages of both guys and the trajectory both are on/have been on.
  2. And wasn’t named the closed next year due to how bad he was. He’s been an average to slightly above reliever his whole career with an extremely small sample size at closer due to no other choice. He isn’t a real closer.
  3. Barnes was also taken out of the role due to his struggles after being an “all star” the same year.
  4. I’m not sure I would consider Robles and Barnes closers, both were coming off very underwhelming years and are extremely inconsistent
  5. So you basically just admit you are going to complain no matter what? How can someone be mad at Sox for letting Mookie and Xander go, but also be mad they re-signed Devers?
  6. It would be pretty shocking if Padres gave Xander the money they did, but then decided to not pay the younger and better player in Soto.
  7. He's one of the only guys I'd ever even consider paying that much money. He just turned 24 and already has multiple all star appearances, a batting title, world series ring and before turning 24, racked up 125 homers and has been on base over 1100 times. He had a "down year" last year and had a WAR over 5 and OBP over .400. Plus, I imagine the banning of the shift and the potential for automatic strike zone will help a guy who has one of the best eyes the league has ever seen.
  8. Someone is going to pay Soto an absurd amount of money, will it be Boston? I doubt it, but someone will. He’s accomplished an absurd amount at such a young age.
  9. Baseball contracts are pretty cheap compared to NBA/Soccer deals. All the highest paid athletes are pretty much soccer, NBA, or even golf and tennis
  10. Gotcha. I was wondering how Devers would be higher than Trout.
  11. Also, I didn’t know MLB had signing bonuses. I thought that was just an NFL thing.
  12. Porcello had a pretty big deal at one point didn’t he?
  13. If they are genuinely mad about Bloom paying one of the young talents that none of us want to see on another team, I don’t know what to say. I’ve been critical of many of the moves made this off season, this is not one I will complain about.
  14. I would say I view it as less disappointing. Definitely don’t consider this a “success”. But we’ll see what happens
  15. A mistake for whom? Devers? I think he’ll be okay and I doubt he’s traded anytime soon anyway.
  16. Passan is still reporting 11/$332 and he’s usually right
  17. BREAKING: Star third baseman Rafael Devers and the Boston Red Sox are finalizing an 11-year, $331 million contract, sources familiar with the agreement tell ESPN. The deal is not done. The physical process hasn't started. But in the end, Devers is expected to remain in Boston.
  18. Yaz also broke out pretty late at age 28, and his production at the plate has dipped BIG the last two seasons. His OPS was under .700 last year, and he’s been unplayable against LHP.
  19. I think I’d rather just keep Verdugo and sign a free agent bridge SS. I like Verdugo better than Yaz, mainly because hes 5 years younger.
  20. They get a full year of Adley and Gunnar who both look like superstars in the making and have a plethora of MLB ready prospects about to come up…
  21. Segura is off the board anyway, he went to Marlins for 2 years $17 million
×
×
  • Create New...