Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. I literally posted numerous articles a few posts ago, where all his former teammates spoke highly of him, including a current Red Sox player in Steve Pearce. Everyone liked him and said he was easily approachable, helpful and really knew the game. These are people who are no longer his teammates and have no need to speak highly of him.. Did Manny Ramirez effect Pedroia and Ellsbury with his antics? I don't think so. I don't think one guy not hustling every play really makes much impact on the teammates. They're all pros and know what they're supposed to do. As long as Machado is a good teammate and club house presence, which his teammates in Baltimore and LA said he was, I don't think he's making any kind of negative impact on the team. I am very glad the Yankees didn't get him.
  2. Like who? Use one example of a player playing with Machado and acting like that. Most of the young guys he played with said he was easily approachable and helpful and a good teammate. All of his antics were doing things to the opposing team, he has never been labeled as a cancer on the field for the team he's playing for.
  3. Is it 7 or 9? I got an email saying 9.
  4. He does some dumb s***, but he isn't a cancer in the clubhouse like some people are saying, almost all of his former teammates on the Orioles and Dodgers loved him. His contract may "weigh them down" in the future, but for the present, it makes them the world series favorite. I don't care if I like him or not, I don't want one of the best players in baseball signing with the Yankees because in 5 years, after signing and he helps them appear in numerous playoff games and potentially world series, it'll hurt them. Dodgers teammates loved him: https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-white-sox-dodgers-manny-machado-20190215-story.html Dodgers teammates loved him. Steve Pearce said he was one of the best teammates he ever had and they are incredibly close friends and hangout all the time https://weei.radio.com/blogs/john-tomase/manny-machado-red-sox-first-baseman-steve-pearce-loves-former-orioles-teammate Numerous other Orioles, including Jonathan Schoop, who became best friends with Machado, also said he was a great teammate and broke down crying when Manny was traded http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/07/jonathan-schoop-on-his-emotional-goodbye-with-manny-machado.html Is Machado, a douche, dirty, that stuff on the field towards opponents? maybe, sure. But a cancer? He has never been a cancer to his own teammates and absolutely would make any team he signed with better.
  5. I will say this about Machado, he may be a douche, but he is one hell of a f***ing player. If he wanted to come to Boston, and was a reasonable deal, I'd welcome him in a heartbeat. This guy has a hall of fame skill-set, and the people who were rooting for the Yankees to get him are foolish. I am happy he is on the Padres and Red Sox don't have to deal with him anymore. I don't agree with some of Machado's antics, but the unwritten rules of baseball are beyond stupid anyway.
  6. Wow I literally saw a tweet from him earlier today, that is crazy. RIP
  7. I'd like to be in again if possible. I did absolutely horrible and was destroyed by injuries. It was probably my worst performance in any fantasy league ever, at least since High School. If we get enough people, I would be interested in a keeper league, those are very fun and make the trades/draft picks more interesting.
  8. I mean it was kind of corny, but I didn't think it was a terrible movie.
  9. I'm not sure if other teams do it, and may just be because the city is a s*** hole and the team sucks, but the Orioles have spots for $5 parking, and you can bring any non glass beverages into the stadium, and any food. The prices inside are still jacked up, but at least they try to make it easier for people. There is no way I'm eating inside the stadiums, half the food isn't even good, and its double what it would cost anywhere else. I literally have to pay the same price for 1 bottle of water as I would for a 24 pack at a store, Its lame.
  10. Being a Wizards fan is truly a horrible experience
  11. I liked that he was a shutdown closer, who usually ended the game quick, but I also loved his personally, he seemed like a really good dude and great teammate, not saying the others weren't, but I loved Koji.
  12. I randomly see him retweeted on my timeline. He seems pretty funny to me. Trevor Bauer is another interesting guy on Twitter whose tweets pop up a lot.
  13. I think Koji is my favorite. I like most of the guys mentioned, wasn't the biggest Papelbon fan, I thought he was kind of douche, but besides him lol.
  14. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/01/29/reliever-mejia-agrees-to-minor-league-contract-with-red-sox/38973907/ I thought this was pretty funny quote from Peter Moylan lol.
  15. And they also had Serge Ibaka, Jeff Green and Reggie Jackson. The amount of talent they drafted in a short span is crazy. That James Harden trade is looking like one of worst in NBA history.
  16. It’s impossible to know for sure, but I think I would bet on one of the greatest players of all time would hit a little better than .180 in today’s game.
  17. Harden is easily MVP right now. He’s on a different level this season and has had to carry a ridiculous load due to rockets having an absurd amount of injuries. I don’t really enjoy watching him play due to the ridiculous amount of ******** calls he gets, but he is pretty damn good.
  18. Kids should be off the table at all times, you don't make fun of someones kids/nieces/nephews, especially when they've passed away, that was just a horrible comment and you should be ashamed for making it.
  19. Good for him. I'm not sure if he has anything left (probably not, he looked pretty bad last season), but how awesome would it be if he had a good series in Japan at age 45 and then retired? Would be a great ending for a fantastic career.
  20. Obviously Mariano deserves it, no one can legitimately argue against him. But it is a joke that this is first time someone got 100%. How on earth did we go this long before someone got 100%?
  21. There really is no benefit for playing UFC. If they win, they were supposed to, if they lose, they'll never heard the end of it and UFC gains a lot from it. I doubt we'll see any good teams decide to play them, but that shouldn't mean UFC should be praised for going undefeated against literally nobody lol.
  22. Another absurd thing about Clemson - Dexter Lawrence, arguably their best player, didn't even play against Notre Dame or Bama because he was suspended... Clemson didn't miss a beat without him. I underestimated how good Clemson was this year, that QB they have is going to have NFL teams tanking for him.
  23. UFC also played an LSU team in the bowl game that was missing 9 defensive starters, including studs like Greedy Williams, who alone negates the QB being out, considering he is a top 10 NFL draft talent. UFC will still get no credit to me until they play a real schedule. It isn't impressive beating Community College level talents, and "almost" winning a bowl game against an LSU team who didn't even have a majority of their players, because they sat out to prepare for the draft and not risky injury.
  24. I'm not entirely shocked Clemson won, but the fact they blew out Bama like that is mind blowing. Lawrence is going to be beast
  25. Giving Kimbrel more money because the Yankees signed Machado, would be completely stupid.
×
×
  • Create New...