Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. This is true, and its the main reason I like twitter. Any kind of breaking news, whether it be sports or not, will be broken on twitter before other websites/services. t
  2. This is pretty random, but I was a bit young when Everett played for the Sox, what exactly did he do? On paper he seemed like a solid player, but I see a lot of negativity regarding him and it has me curious.
  3. They definitely have a chance to compete for East Champs. Giannis is an elite player and one of front runners for MVP (I'd have him 3rd behind Lebron and Harden at moment, but could see case for him, definitely) and has a solid supporting cast. I just don't see anyone beating Warriors, and yeah I know they've struggled somewhat in regular season, but they've also had numerous injuries and Cousins hasn't even played a minute yet lol.
  4. As I've been saying all season, I would be shocked if Alabama losses, that team is absolutely stacked.
  5. Brasier has very little track record and Barnes has been inconsistent his whole career.
  6. If Machado signed for $10 million a year, I would absolutely take him. Machado is a huge douche, but he is a superstar talent. He'll make any team he goes to better, and I don't want him on Yankees, or anywhere near AL East, unless Its Boston (which it wont be).
  7. Yeah, this is what I feel like would be the major issue for Kyler as well. He is one hell of an athlete and a very likable guy IMO, but two of the hardest things in any pro sport are playing QB in the NFL and hitting MLB pitching.. It would be borderline impossible to be incredibly successful at both. I'm rooting for him regardless though. I'm a big fan.
  8. I found the Longest Yard remake to be pretty funny... But yeah, other than that, he is awful.
  9. Johnson and Swihart are two guys a lot of people wanted and thought would be DFA early on last year. Now we can deal them for a really good starter? Sweet! I like Johnson but holy s*** he is being overrated on this site, he isn’t that good. He’s a bottom of the rotation/long reliever guy.
  10. Joe Kelly to Dodgers 3 years/$25 million.
  11. I don't enjoy the off season, but do kind of enjoy the break. In the Summer it seems like there is so many games and I watch a lot of them, and some of those games, especially the playoffs, were really stressful.
  12. At least the MLB crew is better than the MNF crew. I don't think I've ever seen something quite as bad as Jason Witten and Booger McFarland
  13. Damn, Valbuena was the bat flip king, I liked him. R.I.P to both he and Castillo.
  14. 3 years $55 million seems like a lot of money for Andrew McCutchen. I really like the guy, and I'm happy he's leaving the Yankees, but he's been on the decline
  15. I don't really have a problem with Boras. He's just trying to get his guys paid as much as possible, which gets him paid as much as possible. He must be doing a pretty good job if he keeps getting hired by players.
  16. I'm happy for Eovaldi getting paid. I was a big fan of trading for him and his playoff run was legendary. I didnt necessarily want 4 years, but whatever. Hopefully he pitches like he did last year.
  17. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/12/diamondbacks-trade-paul-goldschmidt-cardinals.html Wow, talk about a blockbuster. Things are finally starting to get rolling.
  18. That could be a pretty damn good rotation.
  19. I personally always think the "he's a hall of famer, but shouldn't be first ballot" argument is extremely stupid. How does a few years of waiting make him more worthy than before? Halladay is a Hall of Famer (at least IMO).
  20. Calling Moncada a bust is foolish. He's 23 and coming off a 1.7 WAR and 2.0 WAR seasons at ages 21 and 22 respectively. Not everyone comes into the league and is Mike Trout right away. Moncada is still a very talented player. Obviously I'm thrilled with Sale and he helped us win a world series, so that trade is always a win in my book, but Moncada is going to be very special.
  21. It without a doubt needs to be increased, but the problem is the players really don't want it to happen, especially if they aren't getting paid while the colleges rack in millions. There has been way too many injuries in bowl games that have cost or nearly cost players career. Marcus Lattimore was considered to be a generational RB, college injuries ruined his career. Jaylon Smith suffered a horrific leg injury vs Ohio State a few years ago and went from top 10 pick to 2nd round pick, and just this year finally has gotten back to where he nearly was. Even this year, Nick Bosa, projected top 5 pick, was hurt early in the season, he told OSU he wasn't going to play the rest of the season to preserve himself for the NFL. Star Corner for LSU Greedy Williams is considering sitting out the bowl game as well, he just declared for the draft.
  22. Trading Mookie would be one of the few moves this team could make that would legitimately piss me off. Also, I can't believe we have ANOTHER trade JBJ thread.
  23. I actually have the fenway dirt too, it is pretty cool. IIRC for anyone who wants some, if you go to the Red Sox website and go to the contact me page and basically send an email saying "Hey I am a big Red Sox fan, and my favorite player is ___" and ask for a "fan pack", they'll send you a little package in the mail with some random Red Sox stuff. I did it a few years ago and received some dirt from Fenway, an autographed picture of Eric Hinske (lol I don't know why him) and some other random things such a pocket schedule, Red Sox pen, and etc.
  24. I keep seeing all these "talking head" trying to say Ohio State should be in over Notre Dame. If that happens I'm done with College football. Notre Dame beat Northwestern and Michigan (without Ian Book and Dexter Williams Ill add) just like Ohio State, and Notre Dame doesn't have a 30 point loss to f***ing Purdue on their resume.
  25. Unless the Red Sox are trading guys currently in the MLB (Devers, E-Rod, etc) there is no way they can acquire him. They have an incredibly weak farms system, especially compared to say the Yankees.
×
×
  • Create New...