Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. I have: Red Sox hoodie David Price player shirt Pedro Martinez player shirt Mookie Betts player shirt Dustin Pedroia player shirt David Ortiz player shirt Hanley Ramirez player shirt Red Sox beanie 2007 WS Champs Hat 2004 WS Champs hat 2013 WS Champs hat 2018 WS Champs hat 5 or so random Red Sox hats of different designs, I wear the s*** out of them at the gym and playing ball/hanging out during the summer 10 or so random t-shirts ("Red Sox Baseball, etc"). And I used to collect memorabilia when I was in Middle/HS and used to send cards/write letters to pro athletes in hopes of some autographs or responses back, so I have tons of baseball cards/autographs and etc. autographs include many former Sox players. For example, David Ortiz, Bill Mueller, Yaz, Jason Bay, Mike Cameron (He was actually one of the cooler athletes I ever wrote too, he responded back numerous times and gave me a lot of advice and as a HS kid playing HS baseball this was awesome, and I was thrilled when Sox signed him despite his lack of success here).
  2. They could probably deal Diaz for some better prospects if they wanted too. He's an elite closer, 24 and has 4 years of control remaining.
  3. Yeah I can't see anyway Sox could afford the prospects required for Diaz. I'd probably rather pay Kimbrel than give up prospects for Diaz anyway.
  4. Hey, at least its not like the Basketball Hall of Fame where they kind of just throw everybody in.
  5. I don't think some people realize how hard it is to even make the MLB after going undrafted in baseball. That's almost unheard of, especially more recently with how good scouting is.
  6. People also seem to forget he is the guy who go the hit to drive in Roberts. Roberts gets all the glory, but if Mueller doesn't single off Mariano Rivera there, that stolen base is for nothing. Mueller is one of my all time favorites. He also seemed like a very cool dude. after the 2004 world Series, I was very young at the time and wrote him some letters in the mail, he responded back to all of them and even autographed some cards for me.
  7. I kind of want to say JD Drew. I see a lot of comments on Red Sox forums acting like he was awful besides a grand slam in the playoffs. He actually had a very good career here, he was just hated from day 1 and I will never understand why. Hideki Okajima I often feel goes under appreciated, and maybe not for his career, but during 2013, Craig Breslow was fantastic
  8. Xander and Mookie are the two guys I'm most okay overpaying. Obviously Mookie is #1, and whatever takes do it, I wouldn't be able to watch Mookie in another uniform.
  9. I hope Oklahoma makes the playoffs as #4 as I hate OSU and especially Urban Meyer. Plus, Kyler Murray and Antonio Browns cousin are outstanding players and fun to watch.
  10. The Ankiel story is a great one, and I'm a fan of him and his comeback as well, but him being on HOF ballot is a joke lol.He didn't even get 500 hits or 80 homers for his career, and his pitching stats obviously aren't very impressive and we all know that story. I don't even remotely understand this one And Darren Oliver lol... I can't think of anything noteworthy about him besides the fact he played a ridiculously long time and was always surprised to see him on another team every year... his career reminds me of Fernando Rodney to some extent, but at least Rodney has some historic seasons under his belt and was considered a good closer for at least some of the teams he played for.
  11. Yup. Its a joke. Its similar to the NFL hall of fame where they had a clear vendetta against T.O, and despite him having arguably the best stats of all time for a WR not named Jerry Rice, he had to wait two years just become some voters can't get over themselves.
  12. Kevin Youkilis, Rick Ankiel and Jason Bay are eligible for the Hall of Fame? Ummm... Alright lol. Good luck to them.
  13. He might of been the worst talent wise, but biggest bust on that list probably Craig Hansen. I remember him being the "closer of the future" and the position being set for the next 10-15 years, etc, etc, and he was absolutely horrendous.
  14. Very underrated player. Despite his career numbers it seemed like he was never touted as highly as he should’ve been. Great player and one of my favorite personalities in the game ever. What a career
  15. Notre Dame will make CFB playoffs with a win next week. I imagine they'll stay the 3 seed as I don't see them leapfrogging Bama or Clemson, which is fine, you just dont want to be the 4 seed and face Bama round 1 lol. Also, can UCF shut the hell up? Cool, your undefeated playing one of the shittiest schedules in the FBS, you don't deserve a playoff spot, especially when your arguing you deserve a spot over Notre Dame, who is also undefeated and has quality wins.
  16. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox/clubhouse_insider/2018/07/jd_martinez_out_of_red_sox_lineup_after_wall_run_in J.D. Martinez's injury adds to Tigers' woes WWW.MLB.COM KANSAS CITY -- The play looked innocent enough, J.D. Martinez crashing into the wall in the right-field corner of Kauffman Stadium chasing after a ball. When Martinez wasn't moving his right arm afterward, it was clearly serious.The result, a fractured bone in Martinez's right elbow, will keep the All-Star slugger Tigers' J.D. Martinez exits with foot injury WWW.MLB.COM LAKELAND, Fla. -- Tigers right fielder J.D. Martinez left Saturday's 5-4 win over the Marlins after stumbling on a shoestring catch in the first inning. He was diagnosed with a mid-right-foot sprain after X-rays came back negative, and he will be re-evaluated on Sunday.Martinez made a highlight catch to end Here are some good reasons why not to have Martinez in the outfield full time. This is just a few examples of him being injured in the field, and he apparently has been much more timid at fielding around walls since he broke his elbow for the Tigers, and I don't blame him. Keep him at DH, leave the outfield alone. If anything, try JD at 1B, keep him away from the outfield if possible. Worst case scenario, we have Brock Holt who can play 2B fine.
  17. Sweet, Good deal for both sides. Welcome back Steve.
  18. I have a gut feeling Morton is going to be a free agent bust. I don’t want him
  19. Mookie really does have to be one of the more likable superstars ever. Every time I hear news about him its good. He seems like a genuinely good dude, and I hope he plays the rest of his career here.
  20. Mookie was officially named MVP today. - Well deserved and what a hell of a season for Mookie.
  21. I mean this is always common on here. The Joe Kelly example is a funny one because the guy is so damn inconsistent I'm just not even going to make comments about him anymore. I thought he was a good reliever, then he s*** himself almost all regular season to the point where I thought "there is no way this guy can be on the playoff roster".. then he has an absolutely dominant playoff run and was a key cog in winning the world series... That being said, no way do I want him as the teams future closer lol.
  22. And to me that is very important. Porcello is wildly inconsistent from year to year. literally went from Cy Young to leading AL in losses and posting a negative WAR, but the innings he eats and his ability to stay healthy is crucial, especially with Sale and E-Rods injury histories. I hated the trade at the time, especially as a HUGE Lester fan, but Porcello has won me over. I hated him year 1, but I ate crow and like him now. His comments and efforts in the playoffs made a fan and big time supporter of him.
  23. Buchholz wouldn't be a bad depth signing. I don't want to depend on him as a #3 or higher like we did in the past, but as a bottom of the rotation/spot starter, you could do much worse. He had a fine year last year in Arizona before, of course getting injured again.
  24. Carmelo Anthony waived for the second time in a few months. He's now been given away by the Knicks, Thunder, Hawks and Rockets over the last year+. I think the end is very near for Melo. Man did he fall off and he really can't adjust to a different role. Despite the fact that he is old and declining, he insists on ISO ball and isn't willing to take a bench/lesser role.
  25. I would much rather have Porcello at his price, than risking having Brian Johnson be a main piece of the rotation. He's a good depth piece/fill in starter, but Porcello is a workhorse who doesn't get hurt. If we have Johnson take his role, were likely very very f***ed. Johnson stepped up this season and got rid of the "sucks" tag and was pleasantly surprised by him, but I don't want him as more than a long reliever/spot starter, he's good at that role, let him be. People forget, there was whispers of him being DFA'd in spring training and early in the season and now we want him pitching 200+ innings? Yikes.
×
×
  • Create New...