Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. Yeah I’m not convinced on MM. if I could hand pick the next breakout bat. I WOULD CHOSE MARCELO. But alas I need to see it to believe it. I guess I can take solace in the fact that AZ really wanted him. They know a thing or two about middle infielders.
  2. I bet Romy isn’t back til after all star break FYI, which is why we signed Monasterio but the argument isn’t Romy vs Marte/ Paredes it’s Marcelo vs Marte/Paredes.
  3. Yeah bro….. as always you nailed that one with your facetiousness. Let me add to it. “Maybe we should get Fernando Tatis in case Yoshida gets a boo boo” Marte and Paredes are both (somewhat) available. And WITH Romy we already had some major trepidation vs LHP. Now without him it’s a big hole……… Why? Rafaela (reverse splits), Roman, Duran, Abreu all hit RHP better than LHP by a decent margin, Marcelo hit RHP light years better than LHP, And Durbin hits RHP and LHP very similar. As I’ve said since Day 1 I’m far from sold on Mayer so I would trade him to solidify what I see as a major weakness in our lineup.
  4. I honestly think we ended up in a decent spot…. But my best case scenarios changed at different points in offseason after each big event here is what I wanted. My thoughts going into winter based on Breslow comments: I envisioned…… Bregman + Alonso + SP2 ( i figured via trade) Event 1. after Alonso signed w Orioles: I wanted…… Bregman+ Marte+ trade for SP2 +Gray as SP3 Event 2. after Contreras came over: (My Favorite idea) I wanted: Bregman+ Marte+ Contreras+ trade for sp2+ Gray as SP3 Event 3. after Marte was ruled out of trade: I was willing to live with: Bregman + Contreras+ trade for SP2+ Gray Event 4. after Bregman signed with Cubs: **Darkness** Event 5. after R Suarez signed w/ us: Paredes+ Contreras+ Suarez+ Gray+ trade for Hoerner Event 6. after Durbin Trade: Not stoked but also not disappointed. still really want Marte to Paredes (Especially if Romy is out for season)
  5. My initial thought was I hate it. But the more I thought about it, would be fun to create a different vibe 1 out of every 4 years. Only 1 out of 4 You wouldn’t lose rivalries but the change would achieve some of what you’re speaking of. Thought is 1 out of every 4 years you ranked teams 1-32 over the previous 4 years and create 4 8 team divisions like FIFA. I used Chat GPT to “rank teams 1-30 over prior 4 seasons. Here is how they ranked teams: MLB “FIFA Rankings” (2021–2025) 1. Los Angeles Dodgers 2. Houston Astros 3. Milwaukee Brewers 4. New York Yankees 5. Atlanta Braves 6. Philadelphia Phillies 7. Seattle Mariners 8. Tampa Bay Rays 9. Toronto Blue Jays 10. San Diego Padres 11. Cleveland Guardians 12. San Francisco Giants 13. New York Mets 14. Boston Red Sox 15. St. Louis Cardinals 16. Chicago Cubs 17. Baltimore Orioles 18. Detroit Tigers 19. Minnesota Twins 20. Cincinnati Reds 21. Arizona Diamondbacks 22. Texas Rangers 23. Kansas City Royals 24. Miami Marlins 25. Los Angeles Angels 26. Pittsburgh Pirates 27. Oakland Athletics 28. Chicago White Sox 29. Washington Nationals 30. Colorado Rockies Div A: 1: Dodgers 8. Rays 9. Blue Jays 16. Cubs 17. Orioles 24. Marlins 25. Angels 32. Expansion team Div B: 2. Astros 7. Mariners 10. Padres 15. Cardinals 18. Tigers 23. Royals 26. Pirates 31. Expansion team Div C 3. Brewers 6. Phillies 11. Guardians 14. Red Sox 19. Twins 22. Rangers 27. Athletics 30. Rockies Div D 4. Yankees 5. Braves 12. Giants 13. Mets 20. Reds 21. DBacks 28. White Sox 29. Nationals It would be fun probably add excitement without destroying built in rivalries.
  6. Notables: 4) Seattle Mariners 5) Toronto Blue Jays 8) New York Yankees 12) Baltimore Orioles 19) Our Boston Red Sox 20) LA Angels 21) Tampa Bay Rays 22) Detroit Tigers
  7. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/48017129/mlb-2026-ranking-baseball-best-lineups-dodgers-mets-mariners-braves-yankees-cubs
  8. I think these Moon projections are rooted in data. Duran bounce back year… Durbin/ Contreras rake in Fenway are my bold predictions. I hope you’re right on top 9 guys AB’s. After that a few exceptions, Also noticed no Casas, no KC in 2026? Care to elaborate trade or stuck in AAA?
  9. I think it’s very concerning that AC is using media to try and motivate MM. There are plenty of guys who have high ceilings that never develop into anything. But I do think you’re right with Sox current infield set up, probably not needed with Monasterio/ IKF.
  10. Yoshida is so freakin limited…. Awful in LF. Keachell got a triple on a ball I think Duran could’ve caught. How is he so slow?
  11. Ohtani and Soto will be richer than some of the owners in the next 15 years. Players not wanting cap to limit top end salaries, and use of verbiage like “plantation owners”. Is gaslighting and tone deaf. It feels like a bunch of “hundred millionaires” fighting with billionaires—we can’t relate. IF having more semblance of parity is the angle of major league baseball. Not just putting more money in owner’s pockets. Then I have to say, I side with the owners. But the salary cap is the red herring. The true number they are arguing is % of revenue…. maybe even as granular as what is constituted as revenue. “’my take” Give the owners the salary cap, but move the floor to an extremely obtainable sustainable number. The owners will never agree to something that will put their franchise values in jeopardy, so it needs to be realistic… Like 150 million for example. That would require nine teams to invest an additional combine $200 million per year into salaries. Move the luxury tax number without any penalties to 325 million. And then allow teams to go over that #, just with substantial penalties attached that compound for years over. The truth is Major league baseball does not want to see the Kansas City Royals versus the Colorado Rockies in the World Series. This would still allow the big market teams to flex a roster and star advantage over the smaller or midmarket teams. But it wouldn’t be egregious like it is now— the Dodgers and the Miami Marlins have no business being on the same baseball field. Shohei Ohtani makes as much as 90% of the entire marlin players combined.
  12. I have this heavy pit in my stomach, that we made a mistake not trading for K Marte….. Mayer + Tolle looks like it would be worth it to me. Admittedly I’ve never been a big MM guy, I hope I have to eat my words, but I find it interesting. Cora decided to make it public that he has nothing guaranteed and has to work hard this early in camp. It’s almost like he’s having to motivate him. Couple that with the fact, he hasn’t been healthy for an extended period of time in a few years. I don’t know man I sure wish we had Marte lining up at second base. Durbin @ 3rd and Ranger Suarez as SP2.
  13. In a vacuum no….. but admittedly, I think the Orioles roster under performed last year based on talent. So you can’t claim all this growth it’s gonna come for the Red Sox from young players within, and then not allow the same for the Orioles. Also sneaky move no one is talking about Orioles added Ward that’s (2) right handed bats both over 100 RBIs and 35 home runs last year. And they brought in their fence.
  14. I mean fingers crossed…. I can’t have SLC Choir boys outshining my big spending, magnanimous, transparent ownership group. That would be a kick in the nuts.
  15. Your AL West would be the g5 conference division….. no automatic bye for AL West winner and only a playoff spot if power ranked within top 12 teams.
  16. How much of that has to do with ownership vs "the need to contract the league?" Rays their stadium sucks can't find a new one. (move team???) Pirates and A's just have crappy owners. Like I said before I'm 1000% sure expansion is more likely than contraction.
  17. what is happening here? now we just contracted? LOL moon
  18. They never ever would change it without expansion.... and I'm 99% sure league expands to 32 by 2032
  19. all teams are not created equal..... yankees (2nd in revenue) Bluejays (6th in revenue) Mets (owner is awesome) Phillies (7th in revenue) Red Sox (4th in revenue) This would not be fair..... especially if you play more division games than out of division games.
  20. definitely could go to 14. I like the idea of 12 still Division champs get byes
  21. I can see both sides of this argument. competitive balance + stat balance+ I love Red Sox coming west vs historic rivalries 2 game swings when you play AL teams more.
  22. AL East: Bluejays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles Rays, Tigers, Guardians, White Sox AL West: Angels, Mariners, A's, Expansion Team (portland/Utah) Astros, Rangers, Royals, Twins NL East: Mets, Phillies, Pirates, Reds Nationals, Expansion Team ( Charlotte/Nashville), Braves Marlins NL West Dodgers, Padres, Giants, Diamondbacks Rockies, Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers Something like that?
  23. Mashing LHP. And I agree that’s it. But something we need more than a ++defender which is all IKF is. Of course that could all change if story gets hurt orrrr Romy is hurt long term.
  24. Ok here is why I bring up expansion on a Red Sox Board: Let’s assume expansion happens and MLB goes to 32 teams. Manfred also hinted that the AL/NL distinction could go away in the next round of expansion. With universal DH and balanced scheduling, that line already feels thinner than ever. But here’s my real question: If MLB realigns at 32 teams, how do you structure divisions in a way that doesn’t create a permanent arms race in the Northeast? Right now you’ve got: AL East: Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, and Tampa Bay rays NL East: Mets, Phillies, Nationals, Braves, and Miami Marlins If you simply go geographic and merge these markets into one 8-team East division, you’re potentially stacking: these two divisions minus the two Florida teams that would be terrible. that would mean Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Phillies, Braves, Blue Jays… That’s a permanent “Group of Death.” So what’s the cleanest solution? • 8 divisions of 4 (NFL-style pods)? • 4 divisions of 8 and accept imbalance? • Eliminate leagues entirely? MLB expands, the structure decision may matter as much as the expansion cities themselves. Curious how you’d realign 32 teams in a way that keeps rivalries intact but doesn’t permanently bury half the East?
  25. Expansion to 32 Teams — What I’m Hearing (all from Utah Source) As some of you know, I’m loosely associated with some of the ownership efforts in Utah, trying to bring MLB there. Nothing official — just connecting dots from people around the process. A few things worth noting: 1. Expansion fee- The number floating around for a new franchise has been about $2 billion, but I’m now hearing it could push closer to $2.5–$2.7 billion. That wouldn’t surprise me given how franchise values have jumped. 2. Why expansion now? I think expansion becomes a major talking point for Manfred in the next labor cycle. Adding two teams means: • 80 new MLB roster spots • More union jobs • A large expansion fee that current owners split It’s a cleaner lever than a hard salary cap fight. My friends wild guess long-term? A low salary floor(effecting 2-3 teams max) + stronger penalties for extreme spending. He said they dont see deferrals disappearing — they’re too embedded now. 3. Expansion where? Utah feels like they’re still in the mix, but it’s competitive. I’d expect a four-city race between: • Portland • Nashville • Charlotte • Salt Lake City I will say Utah sounded more confident a year ago than they do now — but they still believe they check important boxes. 4. Why Utah thinks it fits- There’s also real momentum around stadium funding conversations. State is fully onboard. NHL has been absolute home run from league and state perspective. • Strong corporate growth • Rapid population growth • One of the youngest median ages in the U.S. • Western time zone inventory (which MLB wants) both from population and TV perspective. • High-altitude baseball market (similar to Colorado dynamic) help eliminate the excuse cycle in Rockies ownership.
×
×
  • Create New...