Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. So you were all ok at 160, but the extra 3m per year that JH couldn’t part with, just pushed you over the top? These deals always end bad at tail end but he would have taken deferred. The Cubs were willing to make the deal than the Red Sox should’ve been. End of story.
  2. I think you had to sign AB… this is a massive/colossal mistake.
  3. Oh I’d press the bank account+ full heloc on the futures market that Bichette is NOT a Red Sox. Beta Breslow Vs DD that’s bringing a pillow to a gun fight.
  4. Perfect I knew you’d say that… then we aren’t getting a #2SP… so Suarez, Gray and Contreras in 2026 ALEast… 2024 season all over again.
  5. How do you salvage this offseason now? and actually make a better baseball team opening day 2026 vs 2025?
  6. I keep coming back to this, because there are really only one or two explanations. 1. Breslow is as smart as he thinks he is. If that’s true, then he had to know exactly how the last 14 months were going to play out with the Devers–Bregman situation. None of this would be accidental. Anyone paying attention knew how fans would react to trading Devers for a bag of peanuts. But if you sign Bregman, and make it a one year $40 million contract you can get off of the whole thing . It created the optics needed to justify trading away a generational hitter with 7 to 8 years of control remaining. If that was the plan, then he executed his mandate perfectly: “clear payroll, reset the books, we’ll sign a bunch of guys we ALREADY have 5 years of control over, nonetheless sign them to big extensions increase our AAV Payroll ……. so Sam Kennedy can get on the mic at fan fest, and tout how this ownership has spent $498 million.” Such a bunch of hogwash. 2. Breslow isn’t as smart as he thinks he is. In that case, none of this went according to plan—and it shows. It exposes how outclassed he is at building a culture, understanding emotional intelligence, selling a long-term vision, and convincing BOTH ownership and elite free agents that this organization knows where it’s headed. And I sure hope the media/fan. Don’t let them off the hook. Either way, the result is the same. Nothing about this tenure has been inspiring. At best, it’s calculated austerity. At worst, it’s gross organizational malfeasance. And so far, it’s been beyond underwhelming.
  7. No agree it’s better than Romy/DHam and no one else. IMO unless the price for SP comes way down, I fear Beta Breslow will just start unloading all these young pieces to calm the masses. We know he has the inability to sign a free agent, so I guess the only way we can improve this roster is by trade how long till he runs through all of Chaim Bloom prospects.
  8. Just what we need……. leader of league at swing and miss in the zone. For a team that struck out 46000x w/ RISP. Better than Romy but damn this offseason has sucked.
  9. For a classic unproven SP and Duran? Yep!
  10. Sign me up. resign Bregman trade Mayer+ Duran for Cole Ragans. As you can tell by now I’m not sold on Marcelo Mayer. (Hope this is a historically bad take, thatgets brought up daily for years to come, anytime I share my opinion)
  11. IMO Marte only makes sense w/ Bregman. If they think they can win now. I think Marte has such a team, friendly contract, and is such a good baseball player. That if we thought we could win a WS, this move might make sense to give up one of the two left-handed pitchers + Mayer. But if the Red Sox end up giving up more prospects, to get Marte and back out of Bregman sweepstakes, this is not a good move.
  12. Agree with you but it’s 19m or 32m and 1% chance he is pitching in Detroit on 8/1. He will be on Dodgers or Yankees.
  13. So Randy you don’t think we are in a championship window? I’ve been starting to feel that the Red Sox agree. Honestly would make more sense. With some of their moves since 4/1/2025- now.
  14. Yes I was looping those 2 together, I needed to quote both of them, for clarity of context. which I did not do. But now I figured out how to quote multiple, so in the future my message will be more clear. My response was to both of them, based on what moon had responded to Joe’s (now quoted message.) Respect both of them, but will not see it the same way as the way the FO has handled this offseason. I also take a more win now approach vs worry about 2030.
  15. I can’t do this anymore…. you guys can show us where a top 10 spending team didn’t make the playoffs, or a bottom 10 payroll team did…… You’re right, the marlins, A’s, Rockies win just as much as the Yankees, Dodgers, 04-19 Red Sox. Because It’s not about spending, that getting good players via free agency does not guarantee you wins…. So don’t do it, It is not important…... But if it actually is important, we actually do spend enough, and we are right back in the upward “heyday” because we signed Devers to the biggest contract in Red Sox history (ignore the fact we traded him as the actual pay caught up to AAV) AND because our payroll is double what it was in 2004. One of you guys actually used the 2025 Dodgers as an example of a failure??? Because their regular season record. Agree to disagree is my final answer.
  16. Agree that financial discipline is a Major factor. As historically homes haven’t risen as much as S&P 500 yet wealth favors home owners. Stability less moving around, feel different about your disposable income if you have a mortgage etc etc.
  17. The #3-4 revenue team should NEVER finish sub 500 IMO. When was the last time the Yankees were sub 500? It’s easier to remember the few years they miss the playoffs than the years they made a deep run. Because they rarely miss the playoffs. This should be our standard.
  18. sounds like Bregman has an “aggresive offer” from RS and hasn’t accepted. Shifting gears out of the box idea…… I was just listening to MLB radio and they were talking about how bad everyone missed on Tucker Market. I think Red Sox should now go up to him and offer him a 5yr 70m deal. 14m AAV. Offer 50m cash for first year, 5m for years 2-5. *with an opt out clause after year 1. Kyle gets 50m in his pocket…. Retests the waters next year. then go offer the same deal to Bichette 50m cash 1st year 5m for years 2-5 a 14m aav. Get these 2 for 2026. For the same 28m aav you’re gonna get Bregman. now you’re down 100m in cash but we’ve established we’ve been netting like crazy last few years. Follow that with you can trade 2 out of 4 outfielders for SP2. Abreu/ Duran/ Campbell or Rafaela.
  19. Do it now! Based on your ja rule reference, I think we’re about the same age…… so I’m not giving you advice. I went to b school with Professors that said the same sh**. “S&P historically out performs blah blah blah” Biggest differentiator in wealth in our country is owning a home. Case study is obviously looking at past performance not future.
  20. I think we all agree (unless you represent players union, or are an agent). How do you shorten the window? Make it fun?
  21. Sometimes everybody zags for a reason….. IMO the most dangerous thought you can have, is the thought that you’re the smartest person in the room.
  22. What’s funny is yesterday… I almost wrote Drewski6 is my spirit animal. Ha Hoping I don’t share the Kristian Campbell 2025 season arc, and flame out once you all start adjusting to my posts. Ha
  23. Sooooooo far from confirmed. Got it. I wish they did postmortem autopsies on all these organizations. Would be the one way to somewhat redeem the slime ball Boras. If after the deal was over, he just said yeah Red Sox offered three years 90 million to Pete Alonso. Mets offered four years 120 and of course Baltimore offered five years 150. I started thinking about this yesterday as Imai had his press conference and alluded to the fact that he left money on the table to go to Houston. It would be fun to know who else was in on him. Obviously, I know this is never gonna happen but would make it more fun. And let’s be honest, baseball off-season is the worst off-season of any sport not even close. Fun question how would you guys improve baseball off-season? What changes what you make to make it more exciting and draw more attention to the sport?
  24. Yes let’s go. I’ll happiness hedge that. Under 89.5 seems like a lot.
  25. Confirmed? Dude, if he has that deal out there and hasn’t signed what the hell are we doing? We clearly backed the wrong horse. He doesn’t wanna win. He just wants to maximize his money. Good for Red Sox management if they did this deal. Bregman the hell are you doing? Sign the deal.
×
×
  • Create New...