Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. Not gonna have to give up prospects… maybe Yoshida or Bello. Which is my argument it’s just the remaining contract. But he is a good baseball player and we need a few of those. His stats last year were in the worst ballpark in MLB. Thats just one name, there are plenty I would love. But the reason I bring him up is the money would be the only risk. Wouldn’t have to give up talent.
  2. I get “Adrian beltre to Rangers” vibes from him. Since we can’t predict the future either one of us could be right. RS need good baseball players. Not guys where beta Breslow feels like he can exceed value on the back end and win the contract. They are so obsessed with not making bad deals, and talk about it so much now RSN and talksox does the same full time. That RS end up with some Oompa Loompa playing 3b w/ a 400 ops. Literally he can’t hit the ball out of the infield. But don’t worry, Breslow got on NESN yesterday. And said “how good he is defensively, and that he doesn’t strike out a lot” That’s the beauty of being one of the big four baseball orgs, RS can absorb some bad contracts, they can take some risks, but they try to run this team with all of our resource advantages like the Rays and Brewers. And big ole newsflash for John Henry you guys suck at it. So run it the way we did for all those years. Just put the best baseball team on the field you can. Don’t try and win analytics. Try and win baseball games….. This whole win with pitching and defense strategy is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen…….. the margins are too small, and it’s a terrible viewing experience for everybody. We have one of the most hitter friendly ball parks. It used to be an intimidating place to come play. We now have the worst record in major league baseball at home. Do something Beta Breslow….. There is no fancy word salad you and Kennedy can say to mask the truth this roster composition sucks…. It’s terrible. This baseball team stinks.
  3. AFV for Willy Adames is 111.7 and Chapman is 71.7 AFV for Story is 6…….. that’s a Sh** ton more Field value. Which is my entire argument, I don’t give a crap about the contract. I just want guys that can actually play baseball, on the fricking field. I’m not looking for a deal that will age well in four years. Because nobody knows what the future looks like….. I’m saying if you have an ownership that says “we are the Boston Red Sox we do not have a resource problem” then put your money where your mouth is, and get some better baseball players on the damn field that’s it.
  4. Time to remind the world “we are the Boston Red Sox, we don’t have resource problems “and go get a quality 2b,SS, or 3b. Maybe 2 Maikel Garcia, Matt Chapman, Isaac Paredes, ketel Marte, Bryce Turang, Xavier Edwards, Zach Neto, Bobby Witt, Willy Adames types.
  5. Especially if you have to beat Suarez and Crochet in postseason. You never know what could happen if RS got hot….. To me we did the rebuild… I don’t think young guys guarantee anything. ..no fun to put chips in young pieces only to realize they suck…… Conversely the pitching has been pretty good, but the bats have been a$$. And we are still only 3 1/2 games out of WC. I think punting our good pieces to get young guys is too big of risk. I’d rather RS take on a contract a little longer or bigger than they are comfortable with and go for it. We have a great rotation, Willson is having record year, Abreu and Rafaela are playing good. Make a couple moves and go for it. “We are the Boston Red Sox we don’t have resource problems” - Kennedy Well Sambo put your money where your mouth is and prove it. Because this current lineup is definition of insanity. Getting 400-500 Ops out of 3b, LF, DH,SS, 2b isn’t going to fix itself.
  6. Ok well padres gave up Leo de vries for a closer last year. Couple that with what Edwin Diaz got in FA…. I think Red Sox will get much better value out of Chapman…..
  7. Dodgers sure spend a lot on them…… Tanner Scott big contract, then Edwin Diaz. If teams trying to win will pay that in FA……… I have to believe 2 years of the bionic Chapman will be worth quite a bit. Whitlock could be viewed as a closer as well.
  8. Also doesn’t account for his extra year kicking in at 40 innings. Aroldis BTV is way off IMO probably a +10 IMO
  9. I have zero confidence in FO development of position players. So much so that the thought of selling off pieces for prospects makes me ill. But this team just absolutely stinks at baseball.
  10. BTV struggling right now. I can’t remember disagreeing this much w/ BTV since I joined their site.
  11. I didn’t compare this year to 2018. Someone used 2020 as an example of what happens when you have years and years of buy now. I simply stated I would trade 3 2020’s in a row for a 2018 every 4th year. It was my funnest year as a Red Sox fan IMO.
  12. Being a buyer also produced 2018. I’ll take 3 2020’s for 1 2018 every 4 years.
  13. Without the 2 guys Sox are counting on being their best players. Crochet and Anthony.
  14. Agreed. Maybe that’s why they moved slower on Kurtz/ Wilson?
  15. I was talking about the athletics…. Soderstrom, Wilson and Kurtz. Soda and Wilson just signed their deals after year + service and Kurtz still hasn’t signed. I don’t know man the more I think about it, I think I just hate Craig Breslow so bad that anything he does looks ridiculously stupid to me. But because he botched the negotiations with Bregman so badly I look for reasons why he wouldn’t step up on the money. You are right the Red Sox do spend money, not as much as most of us think they should based on their revenue. But they do spend the money which means they do have the flexibility.
  16. Moon and the rest of you Savants…. Record aside the BoSox are showing some life 2 games out of WC…. Rotation looks good, the thought of going into WC round with Crochet, Suarez and Gray their playoff experience etc. all the young explosive arms+ looks like Eyanson might be this years version of Tolle available down the stretch….. If you were Breslow. Do you look to add a bat now? Still wait and see? Who would inquire about? And what would you give up to get them?
  17. I’d praise the A’s for the way they have handled their 3 headed young core. I wish we did it how they did. Win now…….. worry about 2031 in 2029-2030 like the Dodgers do.
  18. No the braves traded Chris sale for Grissom. Breslow is a dips***. Also I think I’ve established this already but I loathe these extensions for young players absolutely despise them.
  19. Extensions on young players with 5-6 years of control are done by dipsh** who are obsessed with winning deals vs winning World Series. The best way to win World Series is to keep young talented players cheap and use you dollars to maximize roster around them with GOOD proven baseball players. Such as Suarez and Bregman.
  20. Thats correct…… They HAD to pivot based on other decisions they had made. Let’s not focus on IKF/ Sandoval for now start here: Bello- time in league is 3 years, he would have been Arb1 this year. (3years of control left) Roughly 1.6m salary…. Instead RS show an AAV of 9.16m = 7.56m unnecessary against the RS AAV Anthony- time in league less than 1 yr. (6 years of control left) Roughly 800k salary……… instead RS show an AAV of 16.25M = 15.45m unnecessary against the RS AAV Campbell- time in league less than 1 yr. (6 years of control left) Roughly 800k salary……… instead RS show an AAV of 7.5M= 6.7m unnecessary against the RS AAV combined between those 3 that’s 29.7M in unnecessary AAV then if you simply didn’t sign IKF (something they didn’t need to do) you’re there you’re at 35M AAV. Ergo RS could have signed both Suarez and Bregman for the same # in AAV. If the front office wasn’t completely dysfunctional and obsessed with winning every deal instead focusing on winning baseball games.
  21. Huh? Huh? Must you start so many of your posts with this word? Articulate your argument a little better than huh. I understand your point on the math. Bregman’s AAV is $35M, not $26M, and yes, there is a meaningful difference there. My post was not about whether $9M matters to me — it was about whether $9M matters to the Boston Red Sox an organization valued probably around 11b. When you factor in Fenway and NESN. I remind you this is the same organization that just committed roughly $6M to IKF, and 12m to Sandoval which in my opinion has provided very little value. So let’s not suddenly act like every dollar is sacred. The dollar amounts are big in pro baseball $9 million can be added or subtracted from any major league baseball roster very easily… I have zero doubt you know this, yet per usual…. You attempt to denigrate the entire argument based on dollar amounts. I’ll spell it out……The larger point I was making is this: if we had not jumped early into long-term commitments for players we already controlled for years (Anthony, Campbell, Bello, etc.), I believe we could have realistically structured both the Suárez deal and Bregman. The math may not line up perfectly dollar-for-dollar, but we also would have had assets such as Kyle Harrison (no need at 3b = no trade with brewers) and others that could have been available to be moved in a package to free up additional payroll if needed. So yes, $26M does not equal $35M. I understand that. The argument was never that they are identical numbers. The argument was that the Red Sox had alternative paths available, and chose not to take them. Moon has sound logic and he hasn’t wavered from it since October: Alex Bregman stats in year 1 of his massive contract are not living up to the compensation. And if he’s not living up to the compensation in year1 , what are years 3-5 going to look like? But my opinion is simple: the Red Sox would be a better team today with Bregman at third base than without him. Between his bat, his consistency, and his clubhouse presence, I believe this team is at minimum sitting in a Wild Card spot right now with him on the roster. And that’s not worth spending a whole bunch of extra money just being smarter about when we spend it.
  22. Could have saved 26 million not signing weird crappy utility IF, and not paying guys we already have locked up for the next 6 years. Thats about what a Bregman deal would have been….. hmmmmmm
  23. I just keep circling back to this though The Red Sox are currently two games out of the wildcard halfway through May. Arguably our best 2 players have not made an impact yet this season. I still argue-Our best chance moving forward is doubling down on maybe some riskier could be badlonger-term contracts, for better baseball players NOW and potentially getting off of terrible contracts for below average players. Our pitching rotation looks pennant worthy. Lineup sucks ass. One thing is for sure, is that Red Sox nation is not very happy with the roster construction. The Red Sox organization has announced that they are now in their window, maybe they show their depth and balls and make a move that reminds everybody. This is a top 3 to 4 revenue baseball organization? I think you’re starting to see in the NL some teams already realizing they’re 8-10 games back of the wildcard spot. They might become sellers earlier. If you can somehow add some thump to this lineup in 2026 and 2027 this team could be dangerous.
  24. If you don’t think next year is gonna be grand either then I think you trade: Gray, Contreras, Gonzalez, Duran, Durbin (for a broken fridge), Whitlock, Slaten, and Chapman. take calls on: Abreu and Rafaela
×
×
  • Create New...