Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. okay, well i ask you this----when you think of jacob degromm in recent years , do you thing about an available workhorse?
  2. extend him. you already have to pay him 10m if he walks. Sooo, that in mind 2 @ 35 each. 70 total. Its really 60 cuz we are saving the 10m buyout. He deserves it. He came home with a last of names.
  3. oh, no not mike borrows. Guess he burrowed his way down to AAA.
  4. From dude to doody Little poop joke 4 u
  5. The best movie ever made is the animated Transformers movies from the mid-late 80s with Orson Welles as Unicron.
  6. I think all this efficiency chasing is the problem. Live with redundancy. Injuries will take care of it. We had sooo many outfielders starting the year that Moon wanted to trade 2 of them for salary relief and a cusp 40 man roster reliever. Then we didnt. We count on injuries on the pitcher side and applaud Breslow when he goes 14 MLB starters deep. But on the position player side its : we HAVE to have an every day spot for 9 players and 9 players only, anything else would be wasteful. Breslow is awful. His strategy of penny pinching and going max efficiency on bats is awful. But yet, hes okay going 14 pitchers. He really is capn crunch berries, oops all berries but hes oops all pitchers. Except contreras.
  7. You can lose your job despite having a guaranteed salary. Happens all the time.
  8. Agree 10,000% Plus, I believe Cora is a better leader.
  9. except for maybe the singing brothers.
  10. It means that I side more the original statement than your rebuttal and Id rather get stars than find reasons why we dont need them.
  11. This is giving "Come to Cleveland, where at least we're not Detroit" vibes. I dont hate it.
  12. The league penalties should be as follows: COntreras 3 game suspension. Cavalli: has to bare-knuckle box Contreras 3 rounds.
  13. Correct, Cavalli is a bitch and I do not blame Contreras for not staying in the game. If Contreras only gets 3 games, but if he had gotten to him - he pummeled him and got 8 games....Id rather take the 8 game suspension. Agreed Cavalli is not trying to fight, hes just trying to get the player to react , and Cavalli deserves to get beaten up. Im actually not mad at Contreras. My fandom of Contreras went up. I withdrew the like on A700hitters post that Willson is a hot head and thumbs downed Freds he needs to stay cool.
  14. They fire Breslow, hire Cora as CBO, and have Cora tell Breslow. Breslow: What are you doing in my office? Cora: What are you doing in MY office? Thats my dream
  15. Kind of feels like a grade A setup of contreras, which is why I intentionally withdrew my like on A700 hitters post (no offense to A700). We know Contreras had a hot-head rep even before coming here. So he has that working against him. He has ejection in prior night working against him (which also appears dubious btw). And Cavatalli pasta or whatever, is playing the "we're both competitors and words were said. I think he only reacted like that because of whats going on in Venezuela" card (note the intentional omission of the specific words that were said). Fox News in their headline, left out the word "boy" in their headline. Contreras ejected after reacting for being told to sit down. A devastating earthquake in Venezuela, add that to the list of things currently being weaponized against Contreras. I get how this looks like an emotional player , having an emotional reaction, when he has something else going on (the grief over the earthquake). But this all smells very gross. And my wish is not that Contreras didnt calm down , and Im not mad at him for "not staying in the game for his teammates". Im just mad he didnt get to land any real punches at Cavatalli.
  16. Id take the job, but I would just use it to try and resuscitate my missed WWE wrestling career dreams. So think breathy promos with extremely bright colors and very animated gestures and over the top caricatures. Like full blown Macho Man. Id prob get along great with Tolle.
  17. And Im not really getting won over by the but who would we replace him with concerns. I lean towards plenty of people would want CBO of the red sox, and if you cant get a top applicant, you jsut fully guarantee the salary. Very few people will turn down 3 yrs/ 20m guaranteed. And you can prob get CBO notin for half that. My concern, however, is that NOtin wont prioritize fixing the offense either.
  18. Breslow gets a full F. He knew we needed offense, he failed to get it and then pretended like it was a choice. The pattern of him acting like a full dictator align with how he answers questions, which i see with my own eyes. Hes like one of those vegans who cant stop telling you that they are a vegan (no offense to any vegans). "Im the CBO, you see Im the CBO. I make the final call. IM in charge. Did I tell you yet that Im the CBO?" I think the difference between 2025 and 2026 was Coras magic running out. We had a team of limp noodle bats who overperformed last year like Toro and Lowe and Eaton and these guys created an illusion that we had bats. Breslow cant get real bats and fired the guy who made him look good because he got spooked that the guy who deserved the credit was going to get the credit. Now we get the leftovers.
  19. But of course Im open to the obvious counter : just because Brad went from coach to front office, doesnt mean it would work for Cora....Because they are two different people , and two different sports, and two different organizations....But I was down to give Cora a try, and I do believe he would have done well in that role, and I do agree that was a big contributing factor to Breslow kicking him to the curb.
  20. Maybe, I think they should have made Cora the CBO. Part of that is because I am a Celtics fan and I didnt thin Brad was a great coach, but thought he was great when he kind of "failed up into a promotion"
  21. But they do have full time jobs for both players due to Romans injury.....So I dont think its 100% fair to be like Jeff Passan had some incredible wisdom/foresight and we should have listened. I agree that Breslow is set to end on a whimper, but I dont agree with that this belief is married to a debate about when and where we should have traded Duran. Not necessarily saying we shouldnt have traded Duran but I am saying that we dont need to look too far beyond the standings and the stories of less than stellar leadership and making the culture/locker room toxic
×
×
  • Create New...