Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Basketball has gone in the same direction. Obsessing over positions is so last year. Its all about athleticism and versatility now. Baseball is a notoriously late adapter. This is a pretty savvy group but Im sure there are oodles of baseball old heads still repeating cliches, e.g. "guys get better when they know where they are hitting and where they are playing everyday" which pretty much translates to: "I dont know how to play matchups , so I wont"
  2. 5 years with an opt-out after 2 sounds like a good compromise for both sides. Only problem is he turned down like 150. Maybe hes been humbled since then or the opt out entices him. Agreed on Tor.
  3. I assume it was both, but Im not sure. Im just confident they arent going to relegate him to DH and they are going to give him every opportunity to be an everyday player somewhere. I can see a move to LF, 3B, even CF (not as likely)
  4. The cost of doing business in the free agent market is overpaid years at the back end. Not to imply the expected negative value from the back 9 of the contract should be disregarded, just that if you arent willing to overpay , you are playing with scared money.
  5. 1000% , they are not in the same universe. I didnt start off this offseason saying "I hope they get Bregman", but options are dwindling and he prob does make us better. Arrenado is washed.
  6. Jordan Walker is their Roman Anthony. Unless they are moving him back to 3b or lf, I dont see them moving off of him. Hes not going to DH or AAA or any kind of platoon role.
  7. I still think the most likely scenario is that Campbell starts on the ML roster and Anthony doesnt. Not to imply I think its incredibly unlikely that they both start on the ML roster, just think its under 50%
  8. I have my doubts they both start on the ML team. I think there is still one more starter to come over, whether that be Bregman, Arrenado, Santander , some other OF...
  9. You are still this patient?
  10. Problem is that Arrenados contract has already plummeted to Yoshi trade value levels and Casas still has a small-to-moderate surplus. Well thats a problem if you are swapping, its not inherently a problem that Casas has more value than Arrenado.
  11. I think we just have to accept that our offense , scratch that , our team, is all a bunch of wildcards for this year. Can Casas, Story, Yoshida stay healthy and productive Can Cedanne, Abreu take a step forward Can the defense be at least adequate/not-a-train-wreck Can the big 3 prospects work their way in help Its a bit much to ask, for me personally, especially for a team that has generally been solid hitting over the last couple of decades, which is why I was for reinforcing the lineup. Also having a top 3 hitting team in the AL takes pressure off the pitching staff. Starters look good on paper, but there are some uncertainties in that group too. And I know you will always have uncertainties, but it seems like we have an uncomfortable amount up and down the team. But better to have wildcards than confirmed duds. I can see us being competitive for a playoff spot, but I can also see the bottom falling out.
  12. Agreed. Signing Bregman and trading Casas feels like a step back, even if I include some help at C and/or RP in return. It doesnt make sense to me to trade Casas at a low point right now. Now, I do agree with Notin that value may go even lower (e.g. he gets some value back by staying healthy next season, but this is more than offset by decreasing value due to loss of 1 yr of control)... I was open to trading him at one point, but at this point its kind of hard to view that being our best path forward at present.
  13. Sure, but didnt you also say we are middle 5 in hitting in a pathetic AL? Thats mediocre, and thats your projection which is more rosy than national projectors / fangraphs, whichare saying that we are only better than the pathetic white sox. While I agree more with your placement than the ones that have us somehow worse than the rays positionally, I still think we need to raise the ceiling. Its like we go out of our way to sign 4 starters, panic about the defense, but the batting (which I think will impact our success more than anything) is like, its fine, we'll figure it out. And part of me thinks that we're taking things for granted. "We finished 9th last year in hitting" Not close to good enough! We should lead with our bats. Always. Hitting + baserunning = pitching + defense AND defense more important than baserunning. So hitting is #1, and ours isnt good enough. Full stop.
  14. Sure, the AL is relatively pathetic. But we're still mediocre as a team overall, and its almost like we're accepting that because the rest of the AL is mediocre , so maybe we can play meaningful baseball in Aug/Sept. Put us in the NL and I dont think we make the playoffs. But we may in the AL because who are we really competing against aside from the Yankees? The Royals again?
  15. This was brought up yesterday and while many of us (myself included) feel these to be head-scratchingly light (Duran at 2.0 WAR coming off a season of 8.7), the gist of the sentiment (we focused so much on pitching that its leap frogged our now very concerning hitting) - Im with
  16. At this point, we need Yoshida.
  17. Are you super confident that in 2025 Arrenado is a better hitter than Yoshida because Im not. I prob lean the other way.
  18. I usually blame deadline inaction and overall complacency for the limping to the finish line, but I also know it cant be just that.
  19. You mean , youre not Ryan Lavarnway?
×
×
  • Create New...