Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Nope. You are going to see Devers at 3b everyday, Casas at 1b everyday, and Yoshida at DH.
  2. I lean this way as well.
  3. I still think its above 50% we get one of TH , Santander , Bregman. And I think TH is the likeliest of the three.
  4. I hear you on the Lester offer. Also the "hold on I need a sec" from when Bloom heard Xander was leaving. But to think its all a continuing sham is too cynical and conspiratorial for me, not to imply there havent been some shams along the way.
  5. Understood, your take is more "line in the sand" as to why they are casting such a wide net.
  6. Fair value is never the goal. You only take fair value when you cant get better. At least at this point in season, might be diff if you are 1 hr away from trade deadline or on a losing streak (read: need to act fast)
  7. Im not comfortable with the notion that because they are lining up plans b,c,d they arent truly trying for plan A. I think this may have become the case with Soto (started focusing more on secondary options, when the bidding reached uncomfortable levels), but wasnt the case from the onset. Im not conspiratorial enough to think its pretend interest. Line in the sand, I can believe. But the numbers for TH arent crazy. 3 yrs / 70m sounds reasonable.
  8. I meant general market value. When contracts spike for SP, pitchers like Castillo gain trade value. Not to sound like Harmony.
  9. Of course, Im merely suggesting that a trade for Jones is an option to futher bolster the SP. Im not screaming "do my trade" at the computer. Burnes, Manaea, Castillo, Jones, Others .... All avenues to getting an actually scary SP rotation. Just adding Jones to the conversation. Not implying this is a trade that NEEDS to happen.
  10. Im sure BTV does. The question is how accurate. But to calculate surplus trade value , you would of course have to factor in that players salary, his projected future salary (arb years) and the opportunity cost (cost of replacement on FA market). Otherwise, you are just making up numbers. But Im not the one to ask if BTV's algo does it well
  11. "Apparently" is a key word, but yes, 100%. If the Pirates are actually listening to offers for Jones and the BTV price is semi-accurate (Abreu + Hamilton) - this is why he caught my eye.
  12. 89 mph slider with a 44% whiff rate. Still very young..
  13. I did and thanks for reading. And thats why I proposed it. Thinking was "Abreu gets us within 10 units of Jones (per BTV), maybe Abreu can headline a trade for Jones"
  14. Thats a punt itself. But I do agree that often fans just think that if you include 10 guys with 1 surplus value you can get a guy for 9 surplus value ("Im being fair, we are giving up 10 units and only getting back 9") - and thats just fan talk. Certainly a premium on real talent.
  15. I agree with most. Id be a little shy to deal Casas immediately, especially if we are signing Breg and Burnes. My only issue with this post is the last sentence. Bregman and Burnes are both superstar signings.
  16. More to come too. For example they may sign one of TH and Santander, but they certainly arent getting both and one is winding up on this list for at least a couple points.
  17. You joke but "fan capital" is a real thing. We are not the only team that has spent heavily, had a period of winning, and then fell back. Its kind of cyclical, like many many things. But the fan capital is approaching E and its time to refill the tank. I think theyll spend this year, and if not , next.
  18. Sure, especially with FSG pursuing and acquiring other businesses and growing their properties well beyond just Red Sox/Fenway - they operate from the business side first. As opposed to Cohen, who is just a crazed fan with ultra deep pockets. But when you operate from a business perspective first, that doesnt mean that you never spend/take-risks. It just means its more strategic / calculated. Of course, they will open the vault again. There are times to invest in your business and times to draw from it. Good business is not "always be cheap, never spend money: but its also not "spend , spend , spend, wins first, fans first"
  19. Its possible, but not probable. I think its over 50% theres another SP addition (and I dont mean John Means). Watch it be John Means
  20. This happens to a lot of teams, and usually your pitching his a lull in August. Gotta rely on the bats to win enough to keep you in contention while you rest up and heal up your line 1 pitchers , using your depth in the interim
  21. I think a Yoshi dump will be more feasible either mid-season or after this year.
  22. I also enjoyed watching Verdugo stink up the Yankees.
×
×
  • Create New...