Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Bregman is limping and wincing every game. You trade from this position player group, and you are one likely injury + one likely slump away from having 2 massive downgrades in your lineup. Im with Kimmi, keep the depth. Twins are hesitant to trade Joe Ryan anyways. You dont give up a better player (who has multiple years of control beyond this one, who is an integral part of this team) for a lesser because of too much depth.
  2. Even with Toro cooling off, we have too many good players for me to want a 1b. People are telling me that we cant keep both Duran and Abreu because a) one can be moved for a pitcher and b) not enough spots for both But I see a path to keeping both and still getting that pitcher. We dont NEED to subtract from strong areas to address weak areas. What has been holding this team back is too directionless. Make up your mind if this is a go for it year. If it is , you do NOT trade Duran or Abreu because you are worried about long term. Mayer only playing 70% of the time for 2 months is not going to ruin him. Its not like Abreu and Duran are upcoming FA. If you are ready to ship out Duran instead of Campbell you are hurting the team for the next 2-3 years but better off 3 yrs down the road. Is that where we are? And dont give me the hopium (not you but others) but dont tell me that Mayer and Campbell will be studs next year. We dont know. Enough kicking the can down the road. Enough trying to prioiritize so many things that you prioritize nothing. Right now, our focus should be 2025. Thats Mayer playing against righties only (if at all), thats shipping KC out for Ryan. Thats keeping Duran and Abreu because otherwise you are not only hurting 2025, you are also hurting 2026 and 2027. vs righties: Duran (1b or DH , dont care) Anthony (OF) Bregman (3B) Abreu (OF) Story (SS) Yoshida (1B or DH , dont care) Nav (C) Mayer (2B) Cedanne (OF) Bench: Toro, Romy, Wong, Refsnyder Vs lefties: Romy (lead off, 2B) ANthony (OF) Bregman (3B) Refsnyder (DH) Story (SS) Nav (C) Abreu (OF) Duran(1B) Cedanne (OF) Bench: Mayer, Yoshida, Wong, Toro Rotation: Crochet, Ryan, Giolitto, Bello, Dobbins This can be our core for the next 3 years. And you can continue to tweak it. Mayer gets hot, great, move Romy to 1b and play him everyday. Yoshida gets hurt or struggles? Fine, Toro gets back in vs righties. Duran continues to struggle against lefties, fine save him to pinch run in playoffs. You have depth here. And I really dont think that the defensive differential at 1b between duran or whomever we have there vs someone who has done it before is that big.
  3. I dont want to plunk him and find myself running for my life.
  4. Well, right now his problem is Romy (vs righties). Also, its not like Devers is the only guy who can be told to work on 1b.
  5. Turtles play cricket, not baseball. Remember Rafy (the moody turtle not Devers) hitting KC (Jones not Campbell) into next week?
  6. Im not pitching inside to Duran.
  7. It feels right now like Romy is too hot to bench and that plus Yoshida and Breg returning, Toro is about to get squeezed.
  8. 3 pitchers , last 20 years, 0 in last 5 years. I cannot, no matter what I do, get a pitcher to win either WS MVP or playoff MVP in the show (video game), and thats like 50 world series victories over the last 3 years. Not once.
  9. Only because they never give postseason awards to pitchers. I have always thought there should be a cy young like award for pitchers. Not world series because thats just 2 starts. But I think there should be 1 postseason MVP, 1 world series MVP and 1 postseason pitcher MVP (like a cy young). BUt an ace can make 6-7 starts in a postseason run and I think its enough to have an award. Since pitchers very rarely win the postseason mvp. Call it the doc halladay award.
  10. remember in earnest goes to camp when the bad-guy corporatists want to turn the beloved camp into something more profitable, and the campers load the catapults with snapping turtles and fire em at the construction crews (who prob are just there doing their jobs but kids movie) and eventually driving them off. Thats cinematic gold.
  11. But 6 OF/DH becomes a lot easier to juggle September onward. Theres a lot more pinch hitting - matchup hunting, defensive subbing, manufacturing in the playoffs. And rosters expand in September. I think they can live with it until then. I agree its outside the box and non ideal. BUt my fear is that this team could be really good if you trade KC for Ryan AND its not like its a just this year window either. I agree that Anthony makes trading Abreu easier to swallow. But KC struggling at 2b defensively, getting turned into a 1b essentially, with casas coming back next year (maybe) and Vaughn Grissom entering the picture at 1b, also Toro and Romy, and I wouldnt even be adverse to letting some OF overflow handle some 1b (which is done a lot). I think that we are stronger with all 6 OF'ers especially in the playoffs, where your bench players get used every game so its okay to start the game with weapons on the bench. Let Ref walk after this year, then you have 4 OFers next year. Duran, ANthony, Abreu, Cedanne, Yoshida DH. You have Ryan and Crochet locked up (if you flip KC for Ryan).
  12. Well, the thought process was that you lean on a single ace very heavily in a postseason. And you NEED that. A second ace is great but not a capitalized "need" to get THROUGH the playoffs. But of course, Ryan, would immensely help as a #2. In a normal WS run, your #1 starter starts 6-7 games (and closes a couple), your #2 starter pitches an average of 4, your #3 an average of 3, your #4 gets like one spot but is used in relief. So your bumping one of Bello or Gio. But gaining that person as a reliever. You are also providing insurance because dead in the water with a Crochet injury as currently constructed, but not dead - dead if you have Ryan as backup ace. Also, cant assume we'll get there, and Ryan helps tremendously with that (making the playoffs) But I honestly believe that there is something non-quantifiable that Duran brings with his crazy eyes. If someone with DUrans intensity is starting you down, you cant help but be scared. And I think they can find a way to work in all 6 OFers. Maybe one plays a little first base, maybe theres some platoons. But rosters expand in september and you can carry 5 bench players in playoffs (since your 4 and 5 starters essentially become relievers) And im wondering if we flip KC for Ryan , keep our awesome OF, let our awesome OF overflow occupy DH roles and maybe even some 1B. Plus you pinch hit more in playoffs, so deep bench is a good thing. Maybe we keep all six stud OFers and flip KC for Ryan is the thought I woke up with.
  13. Is that an earnest p warrell joke? vern?
  14. I disagree. I think hes going to stay a red sox, but I think he forces them to rip up the contract after he wins a disputed World Series MVP We'll all here be on the same page here: "They very rarely give these awards to a pitcher, and I think Bregman deserved it, and I have no issue with him getting it....He was awesome. PAY THAT MAN. But I would have given it to Crochet, personally. He started 3 games and closed another!"
  15. Remember yesterday when you were jokingly accused of covering your bases, and you were like maybe, but not intentionally - Im just trying to see things from all sides In that vein: I will continue to alternate between trade Duran, trade Abreu, trade neither BTW Grissom is absolutely raking in AAA right now, and he and KC are starting to look a lot alike. Im wondering if KC for Joe Ryan is the move.
  16. Peroni? I dont know if i could even name a different Italian beer.
  17. No because we have Crochet. If we didnt have Crochet, yes.
  18. Prob have to do Abreu and mid level prospects for Joe Ryan. I dont love it though. I dont think Abreu hit his ceiling. I think he has a 30 HR / GG year in him.
  19. Maybe the sox knew that wed be better this year than last and that if he blew his arm out last, making this the year - maybe that was the plan all along. Of course, I dont think Breslow has a time machine or crystal ball, so Im joking. I guess its a bit harder to call the contract dumb right now because Im glad hes here right now. But still, generally, speaking , Id love for them to stop with these type of deals. Use to be if a guy kills it in yr 1 of a 3-4 yr deal, woohoo, now you guy that for way cheaper than hed be if he were to be a FA after the bust out. Now its just a series of 1 yr deals. Or too many series of 1 yr deals, obvs not everyone is on a 1 yr deal
  20. Thank you! Can we stop with these 0 upside contracts? Best case scenario, he opts out!! Yippeee!! I get the Bregman one. Get him in the door. Also it was late free agency so really wanted him to sign the dotted line. But too many of these! Remember the Lackey contract, 5 yrs, if you get TJ at any point, we get a year added at minimum. Not these days , 3 yr contracts with an opt out after each one
  21. I dont think people are score-keeping here that badly (I personally cannot stand that stuff, people running around pounding their chests saying they were right...Or people using other posters previous posts (I mean going way back in time) against them to make a point) I try my best not to do it
  22. If we're in the world series, and Im Cora, Im literally blasting AC/DC while I slap Duran repeatedly in the fact while I scream "get angry"
×
×
  • Create New...