Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Abreu has HR power and this team doesnt exactly have that in spades. He plays a very solid RF and has a great arm. Sure he platoons, but most players have splits and maybe his are a little extreme but when you pair him with a dude who mashes against lefties, its a LOT of value from the position Duran, I consider to be, the leader of the team and the face of the franchise. Hes the emotional leader, the fighter, the energy guy. He gets in heads , whether that be on the basepaths or giving a stare down. I also think hes the only dude on the team who is willing to throw a damn punch and we need MORE of that in MLB. When I played, I was looking for any excuse to fight. But a lot of that was because I wasnt very good.
  2. "Fred" is a medical doctor and a hero who volunteers a lot of his time and helps a lot of people. He can be dense in his baseball opinions, and quick to punt on an entire decade if the team has 2-3 players he dislikes - but thats not the type of stuff that goes on your gravestone
  3. I was wondering if you guys knew that he was obviously pumpsie. I didnt want to fully dox him, so I started calling him puntsie.
  4. Looks like one .850 OPS bat, one #2 starter, and a couple solid relievers away from being really really good. The better we are , the less Im willing to settle. Not more. There is no reason to not at least replace Devers, right? Thats what we were told.
  5. You couldnt get Ortiz out in 2013. Thats not as rare or crazy as it may seem. Plenty of bats have gotten super duper hot at the right time and carried a team on their back all the way.
  6. Looking at positional players by offensive WAR: our top is Bregman at #34, second is Duran at 40. And theres a huge gap. And as Im looking for #3, Im scrolling past guys like Xander , Schwarber, Devers. Guys we "didnt need". Or were willing to part with. A lot of the reasoning was position. I think getting an elite bat is priority one. I fit them into any position. Even CF. I just dont look at the team at position. I see it more like you want 2 elite hitters, 5 adequate hitters. Fit it in while not having terrible defense. If guys have to move around thats just Baseball in 2025. Theres no such thing as a third baseman or a first baseman or even a middle infielder in my eyes. Well, I shouldnt say no such thing, but its a rarity. You either have to be so good at a position for me to prioritize sticking you there vs versatility to fit a bat (like PCA) or so bad that you can only do 1b or lf (but then bring the bat). But most dudes, I see through the lens of how good of a hitter are you, are you a decent defender. Thats kind of it. Bellichick made a living out of converting linebackers to lineman. I think we need a masher because we got rid of our only proven masher. I care not what position he plays.
  7. If you never get bluffed out at the poker table , you are calling too often If you never lose a showdown, you are folding too often If you have no underwater contracts, you arent trying You have to be willing to make mistakes You can talk yourself out of any contract due to the risk and your in-house candidates. BUt if half your lineup has an "if" , and you are okay with that, its too complacent for my tastes.
  8. Because there is an expectation that they should be trying to get better. Not crossing items off the shopping list because they have a body there. And if you are trying to compete, you shouldnt be going into the season with 3 "if"s at your positional player mix. Its too many. And sometimes adequate isnt good enough. Gotta stick your neck out.
  9. Im okay with being capable at either 1b or dh. But not both. I want one of those positions to push a .850 OPS to complete the top half of the lineup=. Feels like 1b or DH is the easiest route to getting a slugger. And I dont want hope at both positions. I want an Alonso or a Brent Rooker at one of them, take a chance with inhouse candidates at the other
  10. Casas only recently decided to start hustling. Of course he doesnt know how to step on a bag at full speed. At the very least, homeboy needs a peloton
  11. WHy you keep trying to give me homework? Who are you, my third grade teacher? Well, let me tell you something, mrs burnett..... I would assume the answer to your trivia question is Dombrowski. Listen bro, Im on a campaign. And that campaign is justice for the dude who Bresbot fired for saying "what a stiff" about Bres when he thought he was on mute. Maybe a little reflection on why people think that. Maybe a little less thin-skinned , shoot the messenger. Unless he fired the guy for not knowing how to mute on a call , which is more justifiable to me I want Alex as President of Baseball operations. It will be up to AC whether Bres stays. But I want AC to be Bres boss, not reverse.
  12. Being okay with capable is how you get stuck in mediocre land. I can see them doing this, but I hope they dont. I wanna trade for Brent Rooker but Oakland isnt Oakland anymore. They are Vegas now and prob not giving him up.
  13. Fair, but most unathletic dudes are either pitchers , catchers or homerun hitters. Maybe a couple quick twitch 3b athletes. Like chubby but great reaction speed. But casas isnt my guy. Hes , to me, none of those things. There may be some power that we havent seen, but Im going to want to aggressively make the team better this offseason and so hes going to get competition for reps. I prob bring in 2 big bats if its me and let the chips fall where they may. One is prob a middle infielder, so there should be a spot open (either DH or 1b). But I am NOT using a bunch of in house guys to justify a boring off season.
  14. Half these games Im yelling "SWING ON HIM" We need like Joe Kelly to be our manager or something
  15. I know, man. Terrible. Whatever happened to take the fight TO THEM. Make them make the play. At the poker table, you want to keep your opponent uncomforatble. IN hockey you wanna force the goalie to make the save. Make the dude make the throw with the game on the line. Put him in an uncomfortable decision. That wasnt ACs call I bet, but if so, then maybe Im too quick to promote him. Whatever happened to the human element? Wheres the competitiveness? WHeres the fight? Im 41 and have a desk job and even Im down to fight.
  16. Yeah, that would be a double benefit. Like how when they promoted Brad Stevens , a nice perk was that he was no longer coaching. AC isnt a great manager. BUt I think hed make a great GM.
  17. My rule is that if I am more athletic than you, you shouldnt be a professional athlete. Casas is a waddler, he cant even pump his legs. Donezo. Id make an exception if he could ding 40, but I dont see that either. I care not that he draws walks and then clogs the bases.
  18. If we want to make Cora president and he chooses to keep bresbot, ill give bresbot a fresh start.
×
×
  • Create New...