Why is that my choice?
If you are asking if I would trade Duran for Marte - thats a separate question. And the answer is yes. But hes not the first guy I offer. But my point was that I dont think its wise move Duran for the purposes of freeing up 8m.
My "choice" is rotations infield/outifeld/and DH
Sometimes cedanne plays infield, sometimes masa plays first, sometimes duran DHs. I embrace versatility.
I believe positions are for dinosaurs.
They are barely a thing in basketball, and I think baseball is moving in the same directon. You want to find a way to get your best 9 bats on the field, but you do NOT prioritize ideal defensive alignment.
Cedanne plays some infield, Duran DHs some, Masa plays some first, guys move around depending on who is hot, who is healthy, if its a righty or lefty pitcher. As long as our defense isnt awful, I really dont care.