Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Hitch

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hitch

  1. There are, and baseball is thriving, nonetheless. There's also the fact that people will be starved of baseball and desperate to have it back if there is a long stoppage, and there's also no lack of things you want to not think about other than just baseball for 3 hours going on in the world right now. I think you're greatly underestimating the level of disdain each party has for the other over the cap proposal. Maybe I've greatly overestimating it. We'll see. I hope you're right.
  2. '94 was a different world. With everyone online now and access that brings for promotion and prodganda, I'm fairly confident it wouldn't hit that hard. I hope you're right. I fear, I am.
  3. I can't even begin to imagine how much he regrets not listening the Sox's extension offer.
  4. 6/150 they proposed on Mass Live. That would be my top number. He's got too chequered an injury past to offer him 6/180.
  5. I wish I had your positivity. I firmly believe if you offered the owners no baseball for a year right now in exchange for the cap, they'd snatch your hand off. The brand will always recover, It's baseball, it's not going anywhere, even if it would suffer a hit.
  6. He's far from perfect and I'm happy to not have him there, but I'll take his defence over Mona's all day. Mona doesn't have the benefit of carrying an injury either. There's always the chance Arias comes up and Story is at 2nd/DH on times, but feels unlikely. Time will tell.
  7. You can have the conversations from now. Start sounding out numbers. Then if it goes as they hope get it done straight after.
  8. He has good defence, has good speed, and plays all 3 positions. If we trade Duran in the offseason as you'd imagine we will, he's the ideal 4th outfielder.
  9. The eye test tells me Mona's defence is significantly worse. Not sure what the stats say, but I'm scared whenever a ball is hit at him.
  10. There's no rush to re-sign him. Wait to see how he plays the remainder of this season, then all going well, extend him before the stoppage and grandfather in any costs in the event of a cap. Dodgers will do the same with Skubal.
  11. He wasn't complaining about the broadcast team. But about the idiots.
  12. Story catching a lot of hate. For sure Mona deserves to keep the spot for now, but Story during one of his hot streaks is a far better option than Mona. Far, far better, Whether he will have enough time to get his timing, and enter one those hot streaks when we need it is another matter altogether. I'd be perfectly happy for us to not see him and carry on as are, but people are talking about Story like he's finished. With Anthony, Story and Houck ramping up, and IFK Crochet and Oviedo also getting going (and Mead at some point), we're going to to see some demotions of team favourites at some point.
  13. Yes exactly! Get out once in a while by staying in and watching interviews on your TV/computer/phone.
  14. This confused me all of yesterday. But after sleeping on it, I think it makes sense. They don't really have cover for Abreu and Raf if they go down, especially in defensive ways. White gives them that and they can load up against LH'ers now.
  15. Eli White and Jahmai Jones have no options. That is a confusing trade...
  16. https://x.com/i/status/2084388043776229458 Mayer going
  17. Have to! If next year is scrapped.... 😬 I think we can tune out of the last two hours. There's not much left to send.
  18. True enough but the pitching staff loved him by all accounts. People wanted Breslow to put his balls on the line. Well, he's done that alright.
  19. Big risk to change up the catching with the pitching doing so well. But exciting nonetheless. But jeez...that return.
  20. Jesus that's a hefty cost. Loved the deal when it was announced. Not now I've seen the return. Surely he's getting extended!
  21. Is there anyone that makes a bigger fool of themselves more consistently than Fred? And I don't just mean on Talk Sox.
  22. In what world are The Mets doing that? This is may be the silliest offer you have ever put together.
×
×
  • Create New...