Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. I'm happy with Drew, he gets on base a lot and is solid defensively, I'm happy the Sox have him.
  2. Nice play by both Beltre and Youk, I see this game is going good.
  3. RED SOX (21-20) Darnell McDonald-CF Dustin Pedroia-2B Victor Martinez-C Kevin Youkilis-1B Mike Lowell-DH Adrian Beltre-3B J.D. Drew-RF Bill Hall-LF Angel Sanchez-SS Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (3-2, 3.91). TWINS (24-16) Denard Span-CF Orlando Hudson-2B Joe Mauer-C Justin Morneau-1B Michael Cuddyer-RF Jason Kubel-DH Delmon Young-LF Brendan Harris-SS Nick Punto-3B Pitching: LHP Francisco Liriano (4-2, 2.63).
  4. I don't see how you pass on Wall, he just has so much potential.
  5. So, the MLB could possible take a win away from the Sox if they win because of that?
  6. As a Wizards fan I'm psyched. John Wall is likely to be picked #1 and we have quite a bit of cap space.
  7. Great, Drew is hurt. What is all this talk about a protested game? What happened? I missed part of game.
  8. Agreed, that was terrible.
  9. RED SOX (19-20) Scutaro SS Pedroia 2B Drew RF Youkilis 1B Martinez C Ortiz DH Beltre 3B Hall LF McDonald CF Pitching: RHP Josh Beckett (1-1, 7.46)
  10. Lebron is the answer for me. Kobe has more championships due to the teammates he has had, if Lebron got to play with prime Shaq or even on this years Laker roster Id bet he wins a championship. Championships are a team accomplishment and because someone has more it doesn't make them the better player. Do you believe Samaki Walker was a better NBA player then Charles Barkley? Lebron is the best player in the NBA, he is 6 years younger then Kobe and already has one more MVP then Kobe. All Lebron needs is a solid supporting cast and he'll start winning those championships. He's already accomplished so much individually. However, even the greatest cant win a championship alone because its a team game. Also, I'm not taking away anything from Kobe, Lakers don't win those championships without him, but I believe they also don't win those championships without Shaq. I'm just trying to point out its a team accomplishment. Lebron won 50 games and made it to the NBA finals with this team Larry Hughes Zydrunas Ilgauskas Drew Gooden Sasha Pavlovic Donyell Marshall Anderson Varejao Daniel Gibson Damon Jones Eric Snow Shannon Brown Ira Newble David Wesley Scot Pollard Dwayne Jones Quick note about that roster: Eric Snow was past his prime, Shannon Brown contributed nothing, Daniel Gibson and Varejao weren't yet solid NBA players and Drew Gooden was actually a decent player.
  11. Sox have an off day tomorrow.
  12. No I am not. How are steroids and bunting for a hit even remotely close. Steroids are illegal, bunting for a hit is not. They are completely different. I may have implied doing what it takes to win is fine. However, I don't think cheating and injuring another teams players fall under the category. What I'm saying is do whatever it takes to win as long as it is legal and doesn't cause injury. Also a bunt single is a real hit, It doesn't matter if its hit hard or not, its a hit. A bunt for a hit may be a hitters best that day. If you cant hit a pitcher who is just dominating you, why not try and bunt for a hit and start the rally. I've seen numerous times where a pitcher has looked dominant but once he hits the stretch for the first time, he seems to lose his control, especially if the runner on first is a speedster and can cause problems.
  13. If its so an important rule, why is it unwritten? You can stop it, place a defense a certain way. You can stop bases from being stolen in blowouts, its another teams job to not do something because you cant stop it. If a 3rd basemen is playing back a player bunts down the third base line for a hit its the manager and/or 3rd basemens fault, they should of been positioned better. You really think you'd win? The argument you have is weak, I broke an "unwritten rule" So its fine to seriously try and injure me? Hilarious. How am I crying? You seem to be the one getting all emotional. Some people agree with it, some people don't. But why would I care? Its MY OPINION. If I have an opinion I'm not going to change it because other people disagree with it. Okay and I care why? Its your opinion, I don't care that you think there is no way you are possibly wrong at all. How is it cheap, again you wont answer how it is cheap doing something thats perfectly legal, you are using your ability to get a hit and not breaking a rule in the process. So you are a majority of this board? lol okay. Yeah, I am against hitting in the head, I've stated this how many times? Unwritten rules are stupid UNLESS they are preventing an injury, hitting someone in the head is an injury hazard and not just a minor injury, we are talking about seriously injuring and maybe even killing someone. Its not hypocritical at all, if it is then you are being hypocritical as well.
  14. I was saying an unwritten rule is stupid as long as its not injuring or showing up another team, hitting a batter in the head is injuring him and possibly killing him. Its idiotic to attempt to seriously injure someone or kill them over a game that they played fairly. I've stated this a million times, who the hell cares about unwritten rules as long as they aren't showing up a team or injuring a team. Bunting for a hit to break up a no hitter or perfect game is perfectly fine, trying to win a game is worth being "unclassy". Attempting to injure/kill someone is way different and much, much worse. Um, no I wouldn't. I've stated numerous times: Unwritten rules are stupid unless they are preventing injury or preventing showing up a team when the game is clearly out of hand. Its not being a hypocrite, its stating the obvious. How is bunting any worse then hitting a bloop single or hitting a slow roller for an infield single? Oh, yeah its not! Its part of the game, if you are willing to injure/kill someone for playing the game fairly then there is something wrong with you. So if someone injures you and ends your career and could possibly kill you, you are supposed to do nothing? LOL, damn right I'd be suing the s*** out of you and you would lose because the argument you have is weak. So what you are getting at, is you would kill someone if they ruined a no hitter in a GAME. They didn't hurt you, they didn't even show you up, they did something perfectly legal. Hitting someone is legal, but its an unwritten rule not to aim for peoples heads and attempt to end careers, this rule was made to prevent injury. Shouldn't you be following all the unwritten rules since you use this one so much in your argument?
  15. So if someone bunts for a single to ruin a perfect game/no hitter, they deserve to be hit in the head, have their career ended and possibly die? Oh and if that did happen to me, I wouldn't be paying those medical bills, I'd be suing, while your defense is "HE BUNTED FOR A HIT TO BREAK UP MY NO HITTER SO I TRY AND KILL HIM!!!!". How will unwritten baseball rules help you there? Breaking up a no hitter/perfect game doesn't hurt anyone and is within the rules. Hitting someone in the head can end their career and possible their life, itsis way worse and its not even debatable.
  16. So, if for example, Brett Gardner is batting during a no hitter, he is supposed to lose one of his biggest advantages, just so he can be "classy". Bunting for a hit and hitting a line drive into center field both count as a single. Bunting is legal and is part of the game and is one of the reasons some speedsters are so valuable, they shouldn't lose one of their abilities to be "classy" or to respect the other team, they are trying to win a game. There is a way to defend against the bunt, if you don't expect the bunt that is the managers fault as I said before. I don't care if I'm outnumbered, why would I change my opinion because a few other people don't agree with it? I never said anyone here is weird.
  17. So, you expect a team to just lay down and let a team finish off the no hitter or perfect game?
  18. It may be a dick move to you, but it isn't to me, I wouldn't be pissed if Callaspo did it. I understand why he would do it, no team wants to get no hit and the game isn't over till the final out. There are ways to avoid a bunt hit, if you aren't willing to play your defense a proper way to avoid a bunt single, then that is the managers fault and not the man bunting for a hit. Its not showing up a team, its not risking an injury, its trying to get on base to give your team a shot at winning, even if your look like a dick, its part of the game. Do you think other teams appreciate it when Jose Valverde seriously dances on the mound after getting outs in the 9th? He doesn't care. Do you think pitchers appreciate it when Manny stands in the batters box for 10 seconds starring at homers? He doesn't care. I seriously doubt a player cares if he looks like a dick when he is trying to win a game. Then don't post here, everyone has opinions. This, I agree 100%.
  19. Ortiz is starting to get hot.
  20. I don't have a problem with it, unwritten rules are stupid. A player is paid to get on base anyway possible and bunting is one of the ways to get on base. I don't care what the score is, the game isn't over till the final out. If the other teams pitcher gets mad then I guess you'll have to live with pissing off an opponent. I mean, would you honestly want to have a perfect game pitched against you? I wouldn't, I don't care if my team was going to lose anyway, you don't want to be no hit or have a perfect game thrown against you. Again, unwritten rules are pretty stupid. Bunting for a hit isn't risking an injury, it isn't showing up a team, its trying to get on base and give your team a shot at winning. As I said earlier, a game is never over. I'm sure Red Sox fans remember that game against the Orioles last year. Sox blew a 10 run lead against a horrible Orioles team. No lead is insurmountable, which is why in my opinion do whatever it takes to get on base regardless of the score.
  21. We clobbered Eveland last time, hopefully it happens again tonight. We may a lot of runs because you never know what you are getting with Dice-k.
×
×
  • Create New...