Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. Did anybody see J.R. Smith's dunk in that game? Holy s*** Here is youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_SIdp0DlXc&feature=player_embedded
  2. NFL: Vernon Davis, Golden Tate, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Jimmy Clausen, Justin Tuck, Ryan Grant, Michael Vick, Eric Berry NBA: Derrick Rose, Steve Blake, Blake Griffin, Demarcus Cousins, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Tyreke Evans, Josh Smith, Dwight Howard MLB: Manny Ramirez, Pedro Martinez, Adam Jones, Andrew McCutchen, Michael Bourn, Ryan Zimmerman, Adrian Beltre, Cliff Lee, Vlad
  3. This is like best off-season ever.
  4. I just heard a report that Martin is expected to sign with Yankees, so yeah, Salty is likely going to be our starting catcher.
  5. I disagree with WB getting much pressure on Brees. My offensive line is very good and he has some guys who I think wont be that effective. Antwan Odom isn't that good (who by the way only has 4 tackles in 4 games with no sacks so far this year), he has 23.5 sacks in this being his 7th year and thats including 5 that came in one game vs a Packers O-line that was terrible last year. He is averaging a little over 3 sacks a year. Vanden Bosch is already on the decline and will be 35 in 3 years. Yes, his DT's are good, but Maurkice Pouncey just held his own against arguably the best defensive lineman in the league in Haloti Ngata, in 3 years as he continues to develop, I don't see his defensive line being an issue. Also, Terrell Suggs is a 3-4 OLB playing in a 4-3 defense, which doesn't bode well for him. If I really needed too, I could also keep Heath Miller, who is one of best blocking TE's in the NFL back to help out. About my bench: Tebow was selected because I didn't see another really "appealing" QB option and Tebow does have potential, he wasn't selected in the first round because he sucks and has no potential. Blount was selected as a short yardage/goal line back, something since he was at Oregon has proved he can be effective at and is having a very solid year so far this season. I should of explained some of this earlier and thats my fault but I've been busy lately.
  6. Gonzalez. Id like the lineup to be something like this: Crawford Pedroia Gonzalez Youk Ortiz Drew Salty Scutaro/Lowrie Ellsbury
  7. That too, I'm definitely not confident in the bullpen they currently have AT ALL. I could also go for Russell Martin at catcher.
  8. What killed us last year was injuries, assuming everybody (Youk, Pedroia, Ellsbury) comes back healthy and as effective as they were before injuries, with the new acquisitions, this team should be a legit world series contender.
  9. Holy f***ing s***, I cant even believe Crawford is on the Sox.. Gonzalez and Crawford in one off-season? f***ing amazing. Now sign Russell Martin and sign a few bullpen arms and call this an off-season.
  10. Lee to make decision by Sunday: Rotoworld
  11. Id say unlikely.. I really doubt they end up not getting Lee, Crawford on the other hand sounds like he is going to the Angels.
  12. QB: Drew Brees HB: Jamaal Charles HB: Lesean McCoy WR: Miles Austin WR: Mike Wallace WR: Kenny Britt WR: Mike Williams TE: Heath Miller RT: Michael Oher RG: Brandon Moore C: Maurkice Pouncey LG: Todd Herremans LT: D’Brickashaw Ferguson DE: Calais Campbell DE: Luis Castillo DT: Casey Hampton OLB: Koa Misi OLB: Jon Beason ILB: David Harris ILB: Lawrence Timmons CB: Jabari Greer CB: Mike Jenkins FS: Nate Allen SS: Pat Chung K: Robbie Gould P: Daniel Sepulveda KR: LaRod Stephens-Howling PR: LaRod Stephens-Howling Bench: Tim Tebow, QB Bench: Legarrette Blount, RB HC: Mike Smith
  13. Some minor moves Braves sign George Sherrill Mariners sign Jack Cust Royals sign Jeff Francoeur
  14. If there is still room left, ill do it.
  15. I think we end up with Magglio, which is fine with me, I think he'd have a solid season at fenway.
  16. I agree 100% with this.. But If I'm required to explain my reasoning more then I will.. if not I go with WB.
  17. Yeah, I agree. Next to John Wall and the Wizards, Rose, Griffin and Russell Westbrook are the three players I find the most exciting to watch in the league right now.
  18. I'm going with Y288, I think his defense dominates this matchup, not only that, but B22407 has a defensive alinement with players playing out of position. For example there is a huge difference in 4-3 defensive ends and 3-4 defensive ends, so I think Y288 would also be able to put some points up on his defense and ultimately win the game pretty easily.
  19. Welcome to talksox.
  20. The money Werth got is absurd, I wanted the Sox to get him, but not for that much money. But then again, if the Nats want to get a player like Werth they almost have no choice but to overpay.
  21. QB: Drew Brees HB: Jamaal Charles HB: Lesean McCoy WR: Miles Austin WR: Mike Wallace WR: Kenny Britt WR: Mike Williams TE: Heath Miller RT: Michael Oher RG: Brandon Moore C: Maurkice Pouncey LG: Todd Herremans LT: D’Brickashaw Ferguson DE: Calais Campbell DE: Luis Castillo DT: Casey Hampton OLB: Koa Misi OLB: Jon Beason ILB: David Harris ILB: Lawrence Timmons CB: Jabari Greer CB: Mike Jenkins FS: Nate Allen SS: Pat Chung K: Robbie Gould P: Daniel Sepulveda KR: LaRod Stephens-Howling PR: LaRod Stephens-Howling Bench: Tim Tebow, QB Bench: Legarrette Blount, RB HC: Mike Smith I think I would win due to my offense. My offense futures many explosive weapons such as Jamaal Charles (already over 1000 yards rushing this year while sharing time with Thomas Jones), Lesean McCoy (800+ yards rushing as well as another 500+ receiving), Mike Wallace (Leads NFL in yards per catch and is arguably best deep threat in NFL) and Miles Austin (When Romo was healthy he was one of best WR's in league and I don't see why he wouldn't be on my team when I have Brees). Not only do I have many explosive weapons, I also have one of best QB's in league in Drew Brees and one of most sure handed TE's in the NFL in Heath Miller. I see no way Youker can stop my offense. Second, I'm not going to lie, Youker has a very dangerous offense, but how effective will Gore be in 3 years and does Jahvid Best really look like an every day back? I don't think Youker would be able to run the ball against my defense which has numerous players who excel at stopping the run, led by DT, Casey Hampton. The only problem I could see is his WR's verse my secondary but if we got into a shootout, id take my offense over his. I don't think special teams make much of a difference in this game. He has arguably best punter in Lechler and best kicker in Bironas, but does it matter that much when I have a solid punter and kicker of my own in Sepulveda and Gould. Overall, I think my team wins because my offense being able to out score his and my defense being able to hold his offense in check enough that I can get the win. Also, I'm sorry for typos or if something doesn't make sense, as I'm trying to type this up really fast as I should be in bed now as I have school tomorrow.
  22. Thank God, it sounds like a deal is getting done. Hopefully nothing else comes up and deal really is official tomorrow.
  23. That makes it sound like the deal could still be done, just without the extension.. There is still some hope.. Although Im not really confident a deal gets done.
×
×
  • Create New...