Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. Just because a team wins when someone is playing bad, doesn't mean the position isn't weak. Were you happy with Pablo Sandoval last season when the team was winning with him s***ing the bed? Nunez has been horrendous. He has a -1.1 WAR.
  2. Mets aren't going to trade Degrom for just Xander, and we have a weak farm system. Plus, I wouldn't want to give up multiple big league players like Devers/Beni in a deal like this. Degrom is not happening, unless we do something that severely hurts the team.
  3. I'm hoping we can trade Nunez, but I doubt anyone wants him. Phillips would have to really suck to be worse than Nunez has been this season.
  4. Lind is a LHH, Pearce is RHH. Lind wont provide anything Moreland doesn't.
  5. JD isn't a good fielder and it honestly looks worse when he's out there, because he's usually in the lineup instead of someone like JBJ, who is obviously an extremely gifted fielder, but in all honestly, does it matter? JD is having an MVP type season offensively and he at least shows effort and isn't a moron out there, like some other players we've had. I like the guy a lot, loved the signing at the time and obviously who doesn't love it more now? He works hard, hustles, and is one of the smarter hitters I've ever seen in Fenway. I don't have any complaints about JD, don't even care if his fielding is "bad" or mediocre, or whatever.
  6. I doubt it. I think this move is because we didn't have RHH bench bat and have been struggling vs LHP. It's a weakness, why not address it? It doesn't have to indicate anything about any specific player.
  7. Hard pass for me as well. That trade creates two huge holes and isn't needed at all. Beni is only 23 and Xander is 25.
  8. Phillips fielding has been going down hill past few years, we'd be better of having Lin just be the late inning defensive replacement guy if thats what were looking for.. I love Brandon Phillips, in his prime he was one of my favorite players, but I honestly doubt he makes an impact for us. I think he's just an emergency depth signing, and a very good one at that, but unlikely to make much of an impact (if any).
  9. Even if Pearce "can" play 2B, that is not something I think anyone wants. He's only played 33 games there and isn't a good fielder anyway. I don't have much hope Pedroia returns at all this season, but this move doesn't increase or decrease my hopes for him returning. To me this had more to do with the team struggling against LHP, and Pearce hitting RHP. He can fill in the OF/DH spot for JBJ, or 1B for Moreland vs LHP. He's a good get IMO, but this has nothing to do with Pedroia.
  10. How does acquiring a 1B/OF indicate anything about Pedroia?
  11. Red Sox ‏Verified account @RedSox The Boston #RedSox today acquired 1B/OF Steve Pearce and cash considerations from the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for minor league INF Santiago Espinal.
  12. Sweeping the Angels this year 6-0, is very impressive, and Mike Trout was kept very much in check all season. Nicely done.
  13. Now its tied.. But nahh, Dmoney is right, the games over, were 2 back in loss column!
  14. Its a 1 run game in 5th inning...Some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous.
  15. That Mike Trout stat about Fenway is absurd. I would've never guessed that. That being said, with how much DOB and everyone is talking about it, he'll probably go yard tonight.
  16. I have always been a huge Brandon Phillips fan. I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank, but It would be awesome to see him not only on the MLB roster, but do well.
  17. Please no more Josh Rutledge. I've had enough of him in my life.
  18. I don't understand the obsession with trading him. If we trade him in middle of the season, who are we getting and who is starting in outfield thats a better option?
  19. JBJ having himself a hell of a game. I like seeing him get hot.
  20. Nobody plays defense anymore? More like the rules make it harder to play defense, and there is just way more talent in the league than ever before. Big men alone in today's league have so much talent and different skill set that is ridiculous. Andre Drummond, Clint Capela, Dwight Howard, Rudy Gobert, Nikola Jokic, Demarcus Cousins, LMA, Anthony Davis, KAT, Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Kevin Love, Joel Embiid, Steven Adams, Porzingis, Horford, Whiteside, Kanter, etc. Russell is great, and has great stats sure, but you are literally comparing a time with 10 teams in the league, where the Celtics were beyond stacked with hall of famers, to a league where there is 30 teams, with much more talent and a changed game. Bill Russells lack of offensive talent would be taken advantage of in todays game. There is a reason someone like Ben Wallace wasn't a star.Bill This is why comparing these eras is nearly impossible and pretty pointless. You will never convince me that Bill Russell and his mid 40's shooting %'s are the greatest player of all time, and I'm not going to convince you Duncan, Shaq and etc are better.
  21. Been a very good start from Price tonight.
  22. I mean he has 10 homers in 265 games.. Not sure that's what I'd call "pop".
  23. Speaking of Chris Davis, that beast has struck out 2 more times tonight and is down to .147 average for the season. Great signing Orioles.
  24. There's also offense, the most important part of the game. He was bigger and more athletic than most players back then, and still only shot 44% from the field for his career.
  25. Its been long overdue, but Jackie Bradley Jr is finally catching fire. He's been hitting ball extremely hard this month, its nice to see some rewards for him.
×
×
  • Create New...