Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. I agree. I wouldn't count on Wright producing anything. If he does, awesome, but I am doubting he does anything useful in the MLB ever again. Guy cant stay healthy
  2. Oh man, that Caris Levert injury was awful looking. Reminded me way too much of Gordon Haywards brutal injury last season.
  3. Maryland's state taxes are really bad, like worst in the country bad https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/12/here-are-the-best-and-worst-states-for-taxes.html
  4. Apparently he'll get two silver sluggers.
  5. Betts was the best player in the league and should win MVP, its pretty simple.
  6. Kinsler is a free agent, I don't think he'll be back, especially not for 10+ million.
  7. I believe it is the managers in both leagues, and managers aren't allowed to vote for their own players.
  8. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25180505/2018-gold-glove-winners They were just announced. Jackie Bradley Jr, Mookie Betts and Ian Kinsler won the awards for the Red Sox, full list on that link Mookie was obvious, and JBJ was long overdue. Happy for JBJ to get some hardware this year.
  9. This is probably part of it. I never played it and don't really know anyone who played it. I played basketball and baseball through HS, and while I didn't play football, a lot of my close friends did and was always at HS/College/NFL games at a young age. Hockey was something if I got free tickets I'd go to, but didn't really find it interesting. There was legit one game I got free tickets in a suite, the Capitals were playing someone, me and my friends ended up not following the game after the first period and watched the Wizards/Bulls game on the TV they had in the suite, John Wall and Derrick Rose were having an epic battle. It was a weird atmosphere too. It was a 1-0 game and no one was really involved in the game at all and most people were more interested in NBA games. lol.
  10. That comment about basketball isn't even close to true. I think baseball has way more issues than basketball does. Those world series ratings are definitely concerning.
  11. Alabama is just dominating this game. 22-0 in 3rd and LSU cannot do anything offensively. This team is ridiculously good. Notre Dame had a rough 4th, but held on. Ian Book continues his fantastic season.
  12. I can't even somewhat get interested in NHL, I find it absurdly boring. I like football, but, but that ends in February and only has games a few times a week.. I used to be a big NBA fan, but the Warriors have made it way less interesting lol.
  13. Yeah, I'm actually a little worried about this game. Northwestern nearly beat Michigan and upset Wisconsin. They're a solid team.
  14. Alabama/LSU is a huge game tonight. Looking forward to watching this one. Georgia/Kentucky is also going to be a good game as well.
  15. I think there needs to be a DH in both leagues, the fact we have different rules for two different leagues is incredibly stupid, especially with inter-league happening year round. Pitchers aren't paid for their hitting, and it just risks injuries. I know a lot of NL purists don't wan this to happen, but I guarantee if we asked the Nationals, Dodgers, Cubs and etc, they don't want Scherzer, Kershaw, Lester and etc hitting or running the bases. Its just absurd how different the rules are in two leagues, playing the same game, that consistently play each other. Perfect example, E-Rod in the World Series, I don't think this dude has ever run the bases before. Robot umps need to be a thing, if the MLB is going to insist on keeping incompetent idiots like Angel Hernandez and not only employing them, but letting them call PLAYOFF Games, it is a huge issue. He single handily probably added 30 minutes to that ALDS game against the Yankees by messing up calls at 1B and putting us all through the replay ********. But obviously, the biggest issue is time. If you were to sit down and watch the Red Sox in the world series this year, you would need about 4 hours, and the games don't start till 8 pm. I think it is pretty unrealistic to get a younger generation interested in 4 hours of watching a game that lasts until after midnight, especially on school nights during the fall, or even in the summer, with the ridiculous amounts of activities kids have between camps/practices/lessons, etc. Also, I don't think the MLB does a good enough job of marketing its true star players. The NBA and NFL do a much better job of this. You probably cant find a person in America male or female who doesn't know who Lebron and Tom Brady are, but I know a ridiculous amount of non baseball fans who've never even heard of Mookie Betts or Mike Trout.
  16. Posts like this are always appreciated. This Forum wouldn't exist without all the active contributors on here, and I appreciate you all. This was a great season and being here for it made it way more enjoyable, especially when I live in Maryland and everyone besides my family and one friend HATES the Sox lol.
  17. I don't think Kershaw really wanted to leave. I think this is a fair deal for both sides.
  18. Miller worries me. He's getting older, struggled last year both on the mound and with injuries.
  19. It always comes down to this. I have a feeling Robertson will be pretty costly. He's a great reliever who has experience closing.
  20. I'm just glad that the error ending up not meaning anything and soon enough wont even be remembered, because I actually do like Kinsler and did like the move of acquiring him. He just really under-performed here, and that error happened in one of the most frustrating Sox games I've ever watched.
  21. I think JD has to be on the team somewhere, as at least a bench piece.
  22. Hindsight is obviously 20/20, but this Kawhi/Derozan swap actually has been a win-win for both sides thus far. Raptors look really good, and Derozan is far better than the nothing that Kawhi supplied last year for them.
  23. Derrick Rose just dropped 50 points and blocked a game winning 3 point attempt by Dante Exum. That was cool to see.
  24. As much as I bitched about Nunez, I do like the guy, he’s a gamer and he wants to be here. Glad he’s back, but hopefully it’s more of a utility role and not full time 2B. Also hope he can get fully healthy.
  25. -Re-sign Pearce. I think he'll come pretty cheap and I think he wants to stay here. He's an older platoon player. - Pomeranz - I think he could actually be worth re-signing if he is cheap, he may be interested in a 1 year "prove it deal" to attempt to rebuild his stock, could be a good idea for both sides, especially if we lose Eovaldi - Let Kinsler/Phillips walk. Both are washed up and don't provide anything Brock Holt doesn't. I hope the Sox give Phillips a ring though, I know how much he really wanted to win. - re-sign Kelly - I think we have a general idea of what his price will be, and I think his inconsistency is worth it - because when he's on, he's one of best relievers in baseball - I would attempt to re-sign both Kimbrel and Eovaldi, but I have a feeling both of their price tags are going to be way too high, they will both depend on the price. I'm interested to see what Eovaldi commands considering he's coming of TJS, and had a really up and down season, but his playoff performances were legendary.
×
×
  • Create New...