Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. Historically bold…… I’d take 89 wins splitting the vig, and I think we’d be back in the postseason.
  2. 1000% or sometime at 2b…. Because as bad as he is MM is worse. I just posted lineup vs LHP has been giving me heartburn. Rafaela inexplicably doesn’t hit them well, Abreu has been platoon heavy until this point. Fingers crossed……Duran took a nose dive last summer vs LHP. Mayer is unplayable vs MLB lefties but still very small sample size. That’s why I liked Andujar over IKF. we could have slow played Romy back to 100% given those 4 LHP AB’s then made a decision in July.
  3. vs RHP 1. Roman 2. Contreras 3. Duran 4. Story 5. Abreu 6. Durbin 7. Mayer 8. Narvaez 9. Rafaela vs LHP 1. Roman 2. Gonzalez 3. Story 4. Contreras 5. Abreu 6. Durbin 7. Duran 8. Narvaez 9. Rafaela splits vs LHP need to get better on (OFers, and Mayer) major fear for me as of 2/19.
  4. For clarity I don’t agree with PECOTA… but if we do only win 82 games we won’t be in playoffs.
  5. Speaking of Dombrowski………. Bryce Harper anyone? let me preface this by saying I know Bryce has about 4 things going against him ever being a Red Sox. 1- He has a 6yr contract (NON starter for JH) even though his contract is not bad at all. 2- He plays a position, and is not currently a Bloom controlled player. (NON Starter for Beta Breslow) 3- He has a NTC in his deal (Non Starter for ???) no one will own up to that being an issue for Red Sox. But we know it is. 4- He is opinionated (NON starter for FSG) but damn he fits the city of Boston well. ideas: trade-1 Harper for Crawford+ Contreras trade-2 Harper for Duran+ Matasaka+ Casas+ 5M cash trade-3 Harper for Abreu + Matasaka+ Casas+ 5M cash trade- 4 Harper+ 10m Cash for either Abreu or Duran + Casas
  6. Speaking of Dombrowski……. Bryce Harper anyone? I know this exercise is as useless as tits on a boar, I just can’t think of a better fit than Harper and Boston. 1-As Bryce turned 33 last week, and still has 6 years left. (Big NO NO for JH) not a bad contract at all. 2-has a no trade clause (Big NO NO for ???), 3- is a position player ( big NO NO for Beta Breslow) 4- an opinionated player (BIG NO NO for FSG) yet here I go: Bryce for Contreras + Crawford+ Cash? Bryce for Casas+ Duran+ Yoshida? Bryce for Abreu+ Casas+ Yoshida+ Cash?
  7. Good point, for Casas to play in MLB, you’re really a couple injuries away unless it’s Contreras. 1- Contreras injury: Casas platoon w/ Romy or everyday 1b. Depending on who hits LHP better between Mayer/ Casas. Previous Stats say it will be TC, but if MM is 1/4th as good as everyone keeps telling me he is, he will need to hit LHP much better. 2- everything else takes a couple of injuries at similar positions to get him into the lineup.
  8. I just re-watched game two of the ALDS vs Rays. Sale gave up 5 runs in the 1st (happens sometimes) but the offense just kept firing. Scored 13 runs over the final eight innings. One of my favorite games of all time. I couldn’t help but think of this year‘s lineup, and that situation I don’t like our chances.. going to be running on tight margins this year I’m afraid. As for the regular season, I think we’ll be fine, if we can just strike out less with runners and scoring position, we should score a lot more runs, but postseason that’s a different animal.
  9. I thought someone posted the early potential is listed as a 4th or 5th SP……… If that is Early’s projected ceiling, I’m gonna feel devastated. We didn’t trade him and Mayer for K Marte…….. Especially with the other young pitchers we have coming up right behind him. I begrudgingly have to give Breslow his due for revamping our pitching. Interesting guys all over. A+/AA Valera, Eyanson, Witherspoon and Bennett I saw the lineup for AAA, Campbell in left. interesting but almost a sure thing as I count to 26. I don’t see anyway the Casas doesn’t start year in AAA. Him still being a “young guy”, I just don’t see the Red Sox bringing him up to not play every day, especially if he’s trying to get his swing back. Makes more sense to bring him back when a minimum of platoon at 1st or DH opens up. WooSox going to have more of my attention than most years.
  10. PECOTA has twins at 78 wins 8 more than last year, Royals at 85.5 I just don’t see those either. I Agree this team feels destined to be able to weather some injury storms, with not a lot of elite talent in lineup. But a lot of really good quality depth. I think Roman could be elite he’s also 21 years old, I expect setbacks…… There is length in the lineup, I’m getting excited to see how Cora moves the pieces around. The pitching is what has to be lights out… and I think we are set up to be solid. Bullpen needs some work, but I think we can address that later. Or go get Anthony Banda once he gets released. Going to be a fun/ possibly really fun season.
  11. PECOTA 82.2 wins…… yikes could be 4th place in AL East. Not in the playoffs BTW behind Orioles,Astros, Tigers, Bluejays, and Rangers in Wildcard.
  12. Vegas odds over under: Yankees 91.5 Blue Jays 88.5 Red Sox 87.5 Orioles 84.5 Rays 77.5 I find it funny, people speak of RS as if they improved. They improved……… from what we expected AFTER Bregman and Alonso signed elsewhere. Red Sox had all the makings to take this team right to top of AL…… They did not make the moves to make that happen. And it’s predicted in our Vegas win total. We are not a clearly better team than a year ago.
  13. Wilson signed extension… sorry got their rookies confused.
  14. I didn’t….. I thought RA extension came too quickly as well.
  15. But you could have done that in Sept, again in November, hell you could do it this week. Or in 6 months…. We had 6 years. The timing deserves criticism. Kurtz got his extension last week.
  16. But he didn’t….. he looked awful and it was unnecessary. Like I get the what if game but we had 6 years left. A’s waited til season was over before extending Kurtz. I’d argue we extended Roman too quickly as well. Just WHY?
  17. Strong though, I saw him muscle a ball off his hands vs Chicago last year. Again I’m excited for what we didn’t have to give up as well.
  18. He is a damn good baseball player…. The height thing isn’t much…. Love this trade. He has way less question marks than Marcelo Mayer.
  19. WHY did Breslow extend KC so early? Makes zero sense. Virtually went from a top 100 player to a liability in 90 days. Dumbest thing ever.
  20. That’s why I felt like this free agency was so important. The only position where there will be surplus is 2nd base. Chisholm, Torres, Hoerner, Lowe & Lux. And of course, there will be a lot of pitching. Skubal, Peralta, Burnes, Flaherty, Gray, and Bieber. I think the marquee outfielders will be Dalton Varsho and Grisham (not good)…. 1b, 3b, SS, & Catcher look like slim pickings.
  21. That’s why I think the Cubs are the better trade partner. I think the cubs value pitching more than Astros… Plus the fact Paredes was awful vs LHP last year. Hoerner or Shaw are much better vs LHP, yet don’t hit HR’s like Paredes. So the trade off is real.
  22. I like Andujar vs lefties way way more than the guy that cost BJ’s a WS on the base paths.
  23. With Sogard DHam Romy you don’t sign IKF for 6 m just for security.
  24. Depending on injuries, I think there is a real chance this team is 4th in AL East. I think there is zero chance this team wins 88 games.
×
×
  • Create New...