Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. I remember when they told Theo that Ben Cherrington sounded like him, and Theo was like "I love Ben , but he talks like a stiff" (I think his actual word choice was robotic) Its almost like we're often run by a malfunctioning AI. GMBOT says - trade your best players (boop bop beep)
  2. In my experience, "mealy-mouthed" folks generally catch a stunner.
  3. Thats a whole different debate - would you rather hear: GM cliche meaningless words or specifics that are off the wall silly My frustrations with the former still make me unwilling to listen to the latter. Im just sick of hearing nonsense. Everytime anybody talks in this org, they make me angrier. Except the dude who called Bres a f'ing stiff. That dude NEEDS to be president. At least he's got sense.
  4. It wasnt a lack of honesty either (on Blooms part).
  5. Maybe Breslow deserves to not pay the price for the context. That this is far from the first time weve heard Sox brass lipstick up an ugly situation. Maybe its unfair to not separate Bres from past comments that werent specifically made by him. Im beyond sick of it though. We'll keep hearing it though. After this year: "we are ALL IN on doing EVERYTHING we can to field a winning team"
  6. keep subtracting offensive talent, keep being stuck in neutral.
  7. Exactly. This is exactly what ive been thinking / saying. "We plan to be buyers at the deadline" - okay - if you go .400 between Devers trade and the deadline , will it matter. Either they are delusional or lying to us when they are like we are gonna still win in 2025 (just like full throttle comment). Its played out.
  8. Im sick of the overly optimistic GM speak. Its empty suit after empty suit, toeing the company line.
  9. Wonder what kind of package constitutes an overpay for Duran, who was our best player last year and could rebound. Most likely .800 OPS, wildly inconsistent defense, still a monster on basepaths for another couple years. Hes got a lot of skills and I worry about how we keep moving those guys.
  10. Fact remains: we were at a turning point/crucial point in the season when Devers was traded for nothing that has helped the MLB club, and its looking like another disappointing year. 2 disappointments for 2 years in Brez. Such a waste of the year that Crochet gave you. Yankees Crochet (Cole) hasnt pitched an inning this year. If your ace makes every start in 2025, you just cannot waste that.
  11. The reason to give up on the season would primarily be that we are under .500 and sinking past the halfway point. Not the talent level. Its more about the whole we've dug into.
  12. I agree 100%. After the Bregman signing I found myself quite optimistic, and was up until the devers trade. Not trying to harp on that or bring it back up, but it was a turning point for me. I became much less optimistic that theyll figure it out this year (or next)
  13. Its really hard to say what % of recent failures is due to bad luck bug, which certainly exists and can get ya. BUt I see so many other teams lose their aces , or their best hitters. We tend to lose not top tier guys, so Im not sure that weve been on the wrong end of the injury luck. I dont dwell on the pitching though. To me, its just a pure crapshoot. Give me 9 elite hitters and 15 #4 pitchers.
  14. Sure, its possible that Im not giving enough consideration to "new sheriff in town" but I saw Breslow wait and wait and wait in free agency, and then get a little lucky with Bregman. Which is Bloom-esque. I consider the Crochet trade a no-brainer, so Im not over the moon on Breslow. As in , hes hasnt earned my full confidence. I honestly think that if we wait until the deadline it doesnt matter who we get. We need talent now. Thats a bloom move to wait and wait and wait. And Im not sure I wanna pay as much as it will cost for a cost-controlled, good pitcher with term. It will cost so much and the dude will just wind up hurt. Build through offense. If they wanna sell - maybe I could get on board with it. It would be better than the last 5 years of just complacency , cheer-leading, keeping mediocre players , having a mediocre team.
  15. Correct, he was a ninth round pick (which means the tigers passed on him in rd 8). Lot of that is luck
  16. well said, lost in this year is how much broke right for us
  17. They wont, they never sell. They'll wait until its fruitless to buy, make a very weak attempt at buying and then blame the long odds for another fizzle year.
  18. I agree with enough of these mediocre band-aids. I agree with you that the biggest problem with Red Sox over last 4 years is pure complacency. Everyone happy to have a team of 2-3 WARs but you need superstars to win. A solid player is an upgradeable position. Like you, I want to be greedy. That being said, your targets (Kurtz and Raleigh) may be too greedy. Not saying we shouldnt make offers/kick-tires but you cant send a package that is impossible to say no to. That doesnt exist. I literally think that for Cal Raleigh, they say no to every package. Roman Anthony + Wilyer Abreu + our top 3 prospects = no. Kurtz , I honestly think youd have to throw in Roman Anthony and then some.
  19. Skubal was drafted in 2018 and had .4 ERA in 2018. Moving up to AA for 2019, he had a .168 batting average against and rocketed up everyones prospect chart. They didnt develop anything. Skubal was going to be an all-star regardless of who was telling him stuff he didnt need to hear. The most important thing in a baseball player making/breaking is his talent level. You can have the best developers in the world, and you arent turning Bello into Skubal.
  20. Im expecting them to trade 2 of the big 3 prospects next. Its just knee-jerk reaction followed by knee-jerk reaction in the opposite direction
  21. Im not sure he knows this, as he seemed quite confident that our win total will be higher via addition by subtraction. Unless you think hes lying or spinning, to which i say : what else is new w these guys
×
×
  • Create New...