Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Which is my point - if the red sox want to sign a really good hitter, that hitter will likely either accept a discount or less guaranteed money or be a DH or be extended when the team had control left. But my point is that it appears to me that people think the money saved from flipping Devers has more spending power than it does. Its not going to give you a comparable bat who also contributes defensively.
  2. Bregman overplayed his hand , priced himself out of Houston and Detroit, then when teams who were potential landing spots started moving on, he pivoted to a short term deal. But sure, Ill give em some credit there.
  3. all fair points. I do agree timing matters. Some years, it seems like teams are just wildly out of control bidding and some years everyone decides to be frugal. But I do think that over time, salaries go up even if the trend isnt 100% linear.
  4. TY! I dont think he was overpaid or "just a DH", if he was a free agent right now, he would get a contract larger than the one he has. I dont think a team is going to be like , we might turn you into a 1b, we might put you back at third , we might keep you as a DH. But because of the uncertainty regarding where/if you will field, we are adjusting how much we think you are worth from 500M to 200M. He was paid for his bat. Just like Vlad. Just like Soto. The fact that one plays a below average first base or outfield and Devers doesnt (but may with a fresh start) ...I dont think that makes Vlad worth 500m and the Dev overpaid at 280. I think if you sign Pete Alonso after this year, you arent getting him for what you paid devers. I think it will be a lot more. So all this, "we'll see how they use the money" I think people are too excited for the money to be freed up. I dont think 280m goes as far as people think in this economy. I think Devers was a bargain because I think elite hitters are gonna go for more now that the market has been set with the ohtani/soto /vlad contracts. If one dude is .850 OPS and a lousy defender , he gets 500m The other dude is an .850 OPS and doesnt take the field at all, he gets 280M I honestly think the latter is the better value. If you wanna add a really good hitter, he almost has to be a DH otherwise, hes out of Henrys price range.
  5. Management 101: you manage based on the person you are managing. Rigidity is the opposite of what they teach in business school, which I went to (Bentley)
  6. There are a few reasons why this is good news, but one thing I like is it shows we are ready to look at call-ups on case by case. It might not scream "red sox" to rocket a dude through the minors, which I like because I dont believe in rigidity. It shows they are willing to look at call-up schedules on a case by case rather than manage via rigid rules (e.g. we never do xyz)
  7. Remember when you were taling about Rhys Hoskins vs Andrew Vaughn and theorizing that the moves were to build trade value for Rhys because why else acquire Vaughn just to park him in minors. Well , I looked into it and heres what was said: "we figure out ways to play our nine best hitters" Changing positions is at an all time high. Obvs there are limits, like you arent going to put Refsnyder at short-stop. But this just isnt how teams are constructed anymore. Worried about who is blocking who. nine best hitters, and maybe have a couple defensive aces in there, sure - but generally - players just arent looked at from the lens of position anymore. Taking your catcher putting em in the outfield, infield to outfield, outfield to infield. Its musical chairs, and good defensive players figure it out. Having your best defensive OF play infield isnt rare. Every year more and more guys move around. Teach someone firstbase. Dont trade a better player for a weaker one just because that player has played a position the better player could learn. TLDR: position shmosition
  8. because in your experience, the sox are this aligned regarding strategizing for future vs present Every time they make a move that hamstrings 2025, I expect follow up futile moves that add to 2025
  9. This dude Tolle is a 6'6 lefty who throws 98 with a slider. Wait is this dude Crochet?
  10. I just pulled up Tolles profile and immediately saw 6'6. Thats starting with a lot of points.
  11. My top choice for #2 pitcher right now is Crochet learning how to throw with his right arm.
  12. Are you not at least a bit worried about him floating away
  13. It may not be the celtics, but i firmly believe that Frenchy Cordero wearing a celtics jersey (and looking cool in it) bought him some extra time with the sox.
  14. I actually dont agree with this. If we get in and Crochet is healthy we may have the best pitching staff in the playoffs (Crochet solos)
  15. Report here is that out of all rival GMs/execs/employees of other clubs asked, some said they could see the red sox maybe trading bregman if they fall completely out of it. I aint bracing myself for it, and it would incur my full wrath (deservingly so)
  16. Fire Cora or dont, I dont think its an important job. But Notins suggestion that every team makes bad GM moves and those come out in the wash is not one of his better takes. It reminds me of some of his other wild takes , such as : free agents dont impact you on the field, they are just for PR. Notin, you have some of the best takes on this forum. I appreciated how quickly you were the second person here to say "just get Bregman" and thats just one example. But the most important thing in winning baseball is the talent level. Who you have. Not how they are coached, not how they are developed, not how they are used. The key to winning in baseball , more than anything else, is have better players. I couldnt care less is if Cora was retained, fired, or kicked upstairs to GM. But Bres needed to get sacked yesterday. And Bloom stunk too. And these reasons are why weve stunk since DD left. We didnt go to crap when we changed managers, it was when we changed DD and stopped prioritizing having the best players we could. Cant make chicken salad out of chicken dung.
  17. Fire everybody (except Theo), make a 3 person executive team: Theo, Stone Cold, and the dude who called Breslow a stiff. Thats my solution.
  18. Im a nerdy Jew and Breslow lost me. Thats impressive in a way.
×
×
  • Create New...