Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Still do. From yesterday to today, the soxs chance of making the playoffs have decreased from 99.1% to 98.6%
  2. Thats what Moon is saying, not what MVP is saying. Moon is saying people will care more about getting the call right than umps keeping their jobs, and if umps fight against robo - its a losing battle MVP: A good parallel is the NFL strike. I disagree with both (and you), I like when umps make mistakes. Adds a little RNG into the mix. Adds a little chance and randomness. This is why OG donkey kong was so popular back in the day. Because you could lose based on nothing but bad luck, so you needed both luck and skill to get a really really high score. But I also dont think the NFL ref saga is a super clean comparable. I would support the umps and I supported the refs, but for different reasons. I support the umps because I like the randomness and inconsistencies. I like a little chance sprinkled in. And Im turned off when people blame the umps/refs, jsut comes off as sour grapes to me and excuse making. I supported the refs because the NFL is too profit driven. I mean be over 50% profit driven, but not 100% profit driven. Pay the refs.
  3. "I do not support your decision" = trying to get someone to rethink or simply clarify/make-known that you do not agree with their decision It does not mean , I dont care. In fact, I would argue that the person saying the quote cares. When a friend told me he was giving up on sobriety and going back to the bottle after struggling with alcoholism and I say I dont support your decision, it does not mean I do not care. Its not quite the opposite, but it almost is. I do care and thats why I am trying to tell him hes making a bad decision
  4. correct. what he said,: There will never be a strike so unsupported by the public in the history of strikes. What you imply he said: The NFL lockout is related because you said nobody would care if MLB umps went on strike. Unsupported could mean disinterest but it more likely means alignment with the other side. When someone says I dont support your decision, it does not usually mean I dont care about your decision. It usually means I care and your decision is bad. MLB: Robo umps it is Umps: We striking MLB: good, easier to get you outta here Public: I care about getting it right / wrong more than I care about the umps losing their job to tech. Im not happy umps lost their jobs, but this happens in many industries. Change is needed and people who have made their livings off the old way rebel. I get it , Id fight for my job too but the umps are in the wrong here. The NFL strike, people (sports fans) cared. But it went more like this: NFL: Refs arent getting raises or we arent paying refs as much and refs need to renegotiate (I forget if it was a lockout or strike but whatever) Public: These scam refs stink. Just work out a deal, will you The difference is not whether or not the public cares. The difference is that in Moons hypothetical, he is saying the public will dismiss the umps grievances. With the NFL the public (at least a large portion) was not arguing against the refs grievances/arguments. In fact, a lot of voices took their side.
  5. Yes, Ive said before that Crochet can match (at least) anyone, and in the playoffs, your TOTR carries extra weight. Our pitching staff looks ready to compete.
  6. Go Reds! They are my show (video game) franchise. But Ive overhauled the team quite a bit. I kept Elly, Matt Mcclain, and 3/5 of the rotation (hunter greene, lodolo, abbott) and called up their minor leaguer chase petty in yr 3. Yr1 and 2 I also had Austin Hays, but I outgrew him. I had Stephenson for a while at C but upgraded. I have had CES the whole time as a bench player.
  7. $100 to win $2k is 5% implied odds, meaning you have to think our chance of winning WS is great than 5% for that to be a bet to take. Id take it after Crochets outing yesterday. Id personally gauge our odds around 10%, which is a big difference. But I dont think i can use fanduel in my state and i dont care enough to place a futures bet at casino or figure out a way how to get the bet in.
  8. Its dumb luck that these teams are in big markets with deep pocket owners. Its dumb luck that ohtani is asian and therefore preferred west coast. Its dumb luck that steinbrenner wasnt born in 1836 and died at age 31. But point taken
  9. Whether or not breslow is good enough for me, depends on whether or not hes good enough for cora. If he won cora over, that impresses me. If cora is just giving lip service but doesnt actually think hes the right man for the job, i fire breslow regardless of results. Because I dont know the answer to this, im forced to guess/go by my gut. My gut tells me that Im not a breslow guy. But if I was owner and wanted to fire him and Cora defended him, I would u-turn.
  10. Correct. I agree with this: He should get negative points since he didn't do his job and obtain quality players at the deadline he did not put his team in the best possible position to win a ring Not this: He should get negative points since he didn't do his job and didnt win a ring I agree with this (had it been true): GM X should get positive points since he did his job and obtained quality players at the deadline and put his team in the best possible position to make playoffs Not this: GM X should get positive points since he did his job and his team made the playoffs
  11. if we win the world series, ill give him a c and still fire him if cora tells me that he doesnt believe in breslow.
  12. thats too much of a swing for me. had we missed, I would have given him a d+, if we make the playoffs , ill give him a c- *results are 30% of my grade
  13. of course the bottom line matters, but if we are trying to assess breslows job performance accurately, he doesnt get an A+ automatically if we make , and he doesnt get an F- automatically if we miss. We have to dig a little deeper. Going purely by results will lead to inaccurate assessments.
  14. luck and level of competition are huge determinants in make vs miss playoffs. so to judge your gm/execs based on solely make/miss will lead you to draw incorrect conclusions about making vs missing people just dont want to accept how much luck factors in. thats why stupid myths like "good teams find a way to win championships" exist. The patriots may have been good, they may not have been. But getting past the raiders in the snowgame was pure luck. Drafting brady in rd 6 was mostly luck. A ball hitting a foul pole vs sailing around it is mostly luck. Making the playoffs because of 2 games out of 162 is mostly luck. The improvements are there and im happy with this team. But im not going to put my full confidence in Brez because we made the playoffs. Similarly, had we missed, I wouldnt have fired him just for that. Because you need to assess him accurately, and going by if we made or miss doesnt do that.
  15. I agree that he had a bad deadline, and we can call it a bad deadline without any further information and its a big black eye. I agree that Im not sold on him But you are the one who put all your eggs into the make/miss playoffs basket and now we are going to make. So now , you have said the red sox have been flops for decades but are no longer the flops because they made the playoffs in 2025, which is a very weak year. Other people are saying that you are not looking around enough because of the first paragraph in this post (well he didnt do much, but neither did anyone else). Im saying you arent looking around enough because of the second paragraph. Breslow doesnt magically become something else because we made the playoffs. But you not looking around enough made you think our chances of missing was greater than they were. And I told you this at the deadline. Breslow did a bad job at the deadline, but we'll prob still make the playoffs cuz the AL stinks right now and more the half teams are barely trying.
  16. Now you are the one not looking enough at the context. We made the playoffs over a team that sold off at the deadline. Wowie! Not saying im not happy. NOt saying Brez sucked. But you both are putting too much into a 2 game swing out of 162. Theres a huge luck component to all of this, so I choose to focus on what we did vs the results we got. Especially over a sample of 2-3 games (difff between making and missing playoffs). In NFL, a fg kicker missing a gimme can be the difference between a team making/missing playoffs. Should an NFL coach (on either side) be fired/retained over somehting so "there was a strong gust of wind at the exact moment..." Going solely by results will lead to good people with bad luck getting canned and bad people with good luck getting retained. Brez should not get fired if we dont make the playoffs and he shouldnt auto keep his job if we do make. Personally, I would ask Cora, in a room alone: Are you happy with this dude as your boss? Do you trust him to get the right players for you next 3-5 years? And if Cora says no, I axe Bres. And if Cora says yes, I keep Bres. Because the outcome doesnt tell the whole story.
  17. David Ortiz was a much better major leaguer than he was a minor leaguer too.
×
×
  • Create New...