Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. Id try to trade for Rooker, but I dont think hes available.
  2. Suarez is 5'11 and had an outlier year. Alonso may be hyper expensive. More options the better though.
  3. well, i thought he would do something special in the playoffs. wonder if his BTV is still 60 lol. I will no longer be vocal about how much his spark adds to the team. Well, I wont present such as a barrier to being okay to trading him at least.
  4. Thats often enough. But you need the bats for that to be enough.
  5. Im bringing Whit in earlier, not saving him for the ninth. Chapman can close again, he just had a few days off.
  6. old school: you learned it 4-5 years ago new school: you learned it less than 3 years ago Anything youve known for more than 5 years is too old to be useful. I dont care that OBP , OBP , OBP was a buzzword 20+ years ago
  7. Casas should be looking to punish. If im the manager and hes taking fastballs, im getting aggravated. Even if they result in a walk.
  8. Yeah, when you are fast, draw a walk. Steal a bag. When you are the slowest dude in the mlb, i dont even really want you at first base. Casas approach to maximize walks is bunk. Dont leave HRs on the table becasue you are trying to draw walks. Hunt mistakes and crush them. 30 HRs isnt fantastic. When you consider his speed and D which are both terrible.
  9. Cuz he doesnt move his body well.
  10. They werent necessarily wrong. Sh*t changes every 3-5 years. Which is why I laugh when people act like OPS and WAR and "sabermetrics" are new school. Beane was looking for defense and power 3 years after making "defense does not matter only OBP" famous. Becasue Beane was always about zigging when others zagged. I dont like Casas taking so many pitches. I dont think really anybody should be. I remember as a kid my dad teaching me the game and excitedly telling me "this guys great , he never swings at the first pitch" Then they realized you were most likley to get a "get me over" pitch on strike 1 or a fastball. So sh*t changed Sh*t changes so what you are looking for changes. I dont hate OPS and point to it often. But Casas needs to go up there and do everything he can do to hit the ball deep. Not work counts. Not draw walks. Not even gappers. Not staying back, trying to hit it oppo down the line. Because he cant run, and when he runs he gets hurt. So he needs to look for fastballs early in the count and meet them in front. HR or K. ANything else is an injury.
  11. I dont like the stop back profile. I like meeting the ball out in front, and a pull approach. Casas has raw power, but I dont want him walking. Hes a base clogger. Plus anytime he has to hustle he hurts himself. He should just swing for the fences every at bat. Fat people dont run good.
  12. Not when you are casas. Although, its hard to get a hit when you are at risk to be thrown out at first on a gapper
  13. My rule of thumb is that if you are less athletic than me, time to hang em up.
  14. I think its about time we move on from OPS as the best benchmark. Walks are out of style.
  15. My eyes its between Gary Sanchez and Casas.
  16. Curious: when you say not fine with umps going on strike, are you saying that you would pull your support for robo k zone if it got that far or are you saying that you would disagree with the umps choosing to strike.
  17. I have Peacock, Paramount, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Prime, HBO and now I need ESPN universal too, which happens to cost more than the rest of them combined I get HBO through Dash Pass (great deal), I have Disney+/Hulu bundle at $13, peacock is like $7, Paramount is like $9, Prime is like what these days, $11 And wrestling wants me to keep Peacock for NXT, cable for Smackdown, Netflix for RAW, now I have to pay $40/month for the PLEs. COme on man.
  18. I think one thing we can all agree on is all the streaming services and sports/entertainment providers divvying up among them, they are working together to bone us.
  19. AND WWE PLE's went to ESPN "Unlimited" which isnt ESPN + or ESPN Select, its yet another tier and its telling me that its $40/month* *For the first 12 months Quite a change from $6/month Peacock. But youll get ESPN live channels! Great, I have Fios and cable, and Im not cancelling it cuz I need it for smackdown.
×
×
  • Create New...