Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,210
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. If they don’t score here, he’ll be back out for the 10th. Obviously Cora doesn’t want to use Chapman and Kelly’s the only other guy left.
  2. Over/under on how many pitches before the Angels retake the lead? It was 5 in the 2nd and 9 in the 8th..
  3. I’m coming to that conclusion. They won’t do it, because they would have to admit they were wrong.
  4. Campbell epitomized the Sox philosophy there. Swing hard at everything. No attempt to cut down the swing with 2 strikes. Sad thing is, he’ll be told it’s okay.
  5. He’s been so good lately, too. as with any pen, the more guys you use, the more likely it is one will not have it on a given day.
  6. Do you have some stock picks? I may want some put options on them.
  7. Came from outside the organization so doesn’t have the Sox minor league philosophy ingrained.
  8. I was writing it as Romy blooped the hit and I wrote it yesterday as well. I’d buy it if it were Koufax or Carlton on the mound, This Angel’s pitcher was in AA a week ago. Mayer’s had 6 PAs against southpaws. Now, I don’t know his minor league splits so there is info that Cora has and I don’t.
  9. I hate the fact that Cora has already decided that Mayer needs to be platooned.
  10. Incorrect. They had it after the bottom of the first today; it lasted 5 pitches IIRC.
  11. Sort of, The single off the wall probably sends him to third and he scores on the first grounder to Campbell (or it’s a hit if the infield’s in).
  12. He has a good approach at the plate. Let’s hope he is uncoachable wrt the Sox hitting philosophy of launch ball.
  13. You could see it coming with the first swing. He’s trying to go yard. 100 mph sinkers aren’t conducive to that.
  14. I liked the fact that Cora let him work through it and he got the DP grounder. You can’t learn to get out of jams if you get taken out every time you get in one.
  15. Soriano’s a sinker baller. Not unusual for them to have trouble early and then settle down; the arm tires a little and the ball sinks a tad more.
  16. Same injury, different leg. Now Cora/Kennedy/Breslow are supposed to predict potential weird injuries? This is a post I’d expect of some posters here but you’re far better than this.
  17. I wouldn’t have them up. Giolito can be his own long man and take the pounding. Eventually, Toro can mop up.
×
×
  • Create New...