Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,212
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. Exactly. I didn’t look at the tweets and I’m not going to (no desire to and Twitter is stupid IMO anyway). Sounds like they happened when Hader was in high school. If so, I ask the condemners would you want to be held responsible now for something stupid you said at 16 or 18 years old? And please don’t deny you (not you specifically Harmony, you generically) didn’t because everyone does. If he said them a month or even a year or 2 ago different story.
  2. Did 49% vote for Trump or did 49% vote against Hillary? Frankly the choice we had sucked both ways; there were a lot of people who voted against the other candidate. Caveat - I did vote but I didn’t vote for either one of them.
  3. Holt can’t play every day; he wears down. Besides, it appears Brandon Phillips is getting close. He’s not the all-star he once was but he will be a upgrade defensively at 2nd.
  4. And if he's not the best, he certainly is in the conversation. Mickey Stanley not withstanding, you don't move gold glove outfielders to the infield (and Stanley was pretty much a desperation move). We KNOW what Betts can do in right (and even center). We have no idea how he would be at 2nd. I'm sure he'd be passable, but he hasn't played but a handful of games there since he came up, and a pennant race is no time to experiment.
  5. If the Sox are still in a dogfight with the Yankees (and does anyone think they aren’t going to be?), they won’t have the luxury of taking a look at anyone in September.
  6. No; if he done that he would have just kept on running to 3rd.
  7. That made Lin’s play look comparatively brilliant. At least Lin knew where the ball was; he just made a bad read on a ball that at least had a chance to drop in.
  8. Kelly needs to get back to using just a couple pitches. Fastball and pick one other. You don’t need 4 in position he’s pitching in
  9. Let’s just hope it’s not the knee again.
  10. What is out of position for him? He has no position that he plays particularly well.
  11. Pillar’s the kind of player you hate when he’s on the other team and love when he’s on yours.
  12. Yes but it’s been a while; maybe the trip right after he came off the DL?
  13. Moreland is the only guy with the day off, unless you want to count Travis.
  14. That’s a guy who doesn’t know his outfielders. Pillar makes those types of catches a lot
  15. Kind of dumb? 55 idiotic statements each game? That's understating things a little, don't you think? Ignore is the only way to go with him. Like I said last night, I hate doing it, but some posters have earned it.
  16. Benintendi will be back after the ASB.
  17. As for why Cora left Porcello in, got to remember you've got ERod going tomorrow. You have to plan on 3-4 bullpen innings for that start. (well, its the only thing I can come up with). I think Eck is right though, Porcello was sick or something. He's had some bad games but there was nothing tonight. Every pitcher has those games. Tonight was one of Porcellos.
  18. Looking for that slider that Bradley just K'd on.
  19. That really would have been a great catch by Smoak; far from bungle. The biggest goof was Travis not staying on the bag on Holt's grounder.
  20. All those runs are unearned because the 2nd baseman didn't stay on 2nd on Holt's grounder. The little things.
  21. He has no idea what an unexpressed thought is. The ignore feature works very well (I hate using it, but sometimes it has been earned). It makes the threads much more readable.
  22. Definitely. I kind of wish they had Lin up for that purpose.
  23. Ahead by 4, defense is more important, and I’ll trust Holt at 2nd late more than Pearce or Nunez.
×
×
  • Create New...