Now that I believe, that big contracts are the kiss of death, but I think Sale is too professional for that.
I think most big and especially long-term contracts are for what the player has already done, not what he will do.
Shoemaker, Shoemaker--what was ST for in not to get reacquainted with the fundamentals?
One more thing I like about Sale is he believes in getting those right. For him covering 1b on a grounder to the right is as big a deal as a great fast ball. With Pomeranz it was kind of optional.
Very, very discouraging top of the 1st inning. I've been reading a lot of game threads and other threads about Sale and have learned that he must throw hard and get strikeouts to be effective. Ground outs and fly outs are sure signs of weakness, and who the heck cares he only only needed 12 pitches?
Let's hope he gets better in the 2d.