Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Target on Oakland--it did indeed start out as coastal terrace prairie and oak woodland. No longer. Less population than Huntsville, AL. Seattle was named for an Indian Chief--just like Washington was.
  2. So far the OP is borderline prescient. It's never too early to guess at the number of wins. Guess is an especially apt word because right now the Sox look fully capable of finishing dead last in the AL East. Given last year's stupendous season and the return of just about everyone important (except Kimbrel, whom I never liked because he was such a prima donna), that seems impossible. Until you watch the Sox right now and especially yesterday. I mean, bring on the clowns, already.
  3. Actually, I did know that. Chicago was intended to make it easier for the big customers to come calling at Boeing headquarters, but they don't make no planes in Chicago. The body and heart are in Seattle. I think Boeing is still trying to find where the heck they left their brain, to say nothing of their conscience.
  4. Back to a realistic appraisal of this year's Sox. Despite my griping, this should be a really good team because the only agreed-upon weakness is the bullpen, and they have been great in the first 8 games. We have a solid gold rotation, however, that is looking like unpolished brass, a lineup that's actually a linedown (ooh I like that ), and a defense that bad enough to give pitchers nightmares despite those gold gloves last year (besides, Kinsler's gone).
  5. Actually, I'm fine with inexplicable--bad juju. San Francisco is a great name, but Oakland? Depressing. Seattle is a good name, but it's the home of amazon and maybe the most perfidious and unconscionable corporation in America today--Boeing. Ok, so maybe all the sellers of opioids come first.
  6. All this crap about a west coast trip makes it sound like Magellan trying to sail around the world. The truth, I believe, starts somewhere in ST when actually winning a game was clearly the furthest thing from anyone's mind. It's ST, so who cares? All we have to do is get some swings or pitches in, do a little infield, maybe play some golf, and the regular season will take care of itself. To be honest I'm somewhat sympathetic to that approach if only because the 162 game season is an unbelievable grind. Whatever the cause of this bad start, the last thing I would blame it on is the horrors of having to play in Seattle and Oakland. I mean, come on.
  7. I laid it on so thick I was sure no one would miss my real intent. Right now the Sox stink.
  8. Well, today’s game certainly allayed my fears about a slow start to the season. Oh, the Sox lost of course. That was almost a given. But I loved our enthusiasm for going for that extra base in the 9th and the complete avoidance of a collision in right center field in the 4th inning. With that combo of zest and just plain smart baseball, the Sox are going to win their share of games.
  9. Highest payroll in MLB and our Sox only have 3 things they don't do well--hit, pitch, and field. Bring on the clowns.
  10. Nope. He threw a gopher ball to the same guy who homered in the 3d and he hit it deep. Yes, it was catchable, but ERod threw a very hittable pitch.
  11. I not only am getting a whiff, I said it on another thread. This team is better of course, but they sure aren't playing that way. It's kind of like they're still playing at Fort Meyer and getting ready for the season to start.
  12. I think Cora has got to learn not to trust ERod when he puts the first two men on--especially the first one he had him 0-2 and walked him--with no one out, it's a close game, he's already given up runs, and he's thrown 60 or more pitches.
  13. Les incompetents. A matched set--hitting, pitching and fielding. Time for Casey Stengal to come onto the field and ask, "doesn't anybody here know how to play this game?"
  14. That 3 run dinger was off a fastball right down the middle and 92 mph.
  15. Boy, sure glad we got Pearce back in time for this game.
  16. Didn't I read that Vazquez and JBJ both hired hitting coaches in the offseason?
  17. Only 1 out so Betts had to first be sure the ball dropped in, plus it was hard hit and right to the outfielder.
  18. Who the heck grabbed ERod by the stacking swivel and told him to throw strikes? We just saw twilight zone stuff--dogs living with cats.
  19. When the ump and the backups in NYC call him safe, I'm willing to live with that with very few pangs of guilt.
  20. Oakland sure doesn't like to skimp on foul territory.
  21. Could be the first home game--Tuesday?
  22. Well, that's over, and the bases are still loaded.
  23. Was it over when Manny Machado struck out swinging in the 9th on October 28, 2018? Well, actually, yes it was.
  24. Betts Beni Pearce JDM Bogie Nunez Holt Vazquez JBJ Six righty bats. A's will have 9 righty bats, 2 of whom are switch hitters. I think ERod has the best changeup on the Sox--when it is working. Last time he got shelled with Swihart catching, so everybody blamed him for ERod's bad outing (5 ER, 1 dingers, 3 walks in 4.1 innings). That is one of the very few games, including last year, when I thought Cora should have pulled his starter sooner. That 1 out he got in the 5th was after the three run dinger by Bruce).
×
×
  • Create New...