Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Agree. This the new/old ERod, but without the run support.
  2. I thought injury too, but can't remember enough about his at bats last night to think/say that.
  3. Who knew Taillon was all-star material? No one. But our lineup is trying to get him an invite. I don't count Dalbec, of course, because he can K on three pitches by almost anyone.
  4. But he also K'd Stanton with 2 on by throwing 3 straight fastballs.
  5. Too bad. I still like ERod tonight. That pitch was little too fat, and the single was way too lucky.
  6. Judge looked better the first time he faced. This ERod is nassssty!
  7. Silly question. DH'ing can be pretty exhausting.
  8. If the Sox lose a low-scoring game tonight, I'm not going to be too happy with Cora.
  9. Weird inning, but still no question ERod is a different pitcher tonight. Three straight fastballs, all in the zone and all swung on and missed, for a K with 2 on and 2 out.
  10. I think it was mvp78 who said ERod needs to throw lots of fastballs, and tonight the evidence is strong that that would be a mistake. Good mix of pitches, good enough to get outs and no walks and no hits although Judge's liner was a miraculous out. 35 pitches in 2 innings is a lot, but I don't care.
  11. Somebody got to ERod. He looks really confident tonight and throwing quickly.
  12. Did anyone see the entire play when Bogie grounded out to the thirdbaseman? I ask because I don't see how he could have been beaten on the play unless he gave up early thinking it was foul.
  13. Same old pitches from ERod, but I like his locations tonight. Only 8 of 15 pitches were strikes, but no BB's in the 1st.
  14. I am no ERod fan, but that does not mean I'm prepared to drop him from the rotation. His ERA is pretty high (5.64) and his WAR -.2, but I can remember 5th starters for the Sox whom I liked less, especially--as moonslav keep insisting--given his past performances in 2018 and 2019. ERod is a member of a cast of players who have already given us our fair share of ups and downs this season. As moonslav also reminds us, he was pretty fair in April--4 starts, 23 innings, and an ERA of 3.52. But, except for 5 innings vs. the Orioles in which he got a win, he was terrible in May. And now it's June, and one can hope he and the pitching coach are making adjustments. Fortunately, the two of them, with very little effort, can access the excellent insights and advice afforded to all readers of Talksox.
  15. Interesting. As you know, I am no ERod fan, but that does not mean I'm prepared to drop him from the rotation. His ERA is pretty high (5.64) and his WAR -.2, but I can remember 5th starters for the Sox whom I liked less, especially--as you keep insisting--given his past performances in 2018 and 2019. Indeed, it can be argued that ERod is a member of a cast of players who have already given us our fair share of ups and downs this season. ERod himself, as you also remind us, was pretty fair in April--4 starts, 23 innings, and an ERA of 3.52. But, except for 5 innings vs. the Orioles in which he got a win, he was terrible in May. And now it's June, and one can hope he and the pitching coach are making adjustments. It is therefore fortunate that the two of them, with very little effort, could access the excellent insights and advice afforded to all readers of Talksox.
  16. This game was almost scripted. Eovaldi at his best against a weakish Yankees lineup. Devers with a huge dinger in the first. And pretty good relief pitching. After losing 11 in a row at Yankee Stadium. Tomorrow the script is reversed, with the Yankees having the pitching advantage--so a win would be even bigger than tonight.
  17. Tonight I watched the game on espn, but listened on WEEI because I hate TV announcers. Can't you watch the games on mlb.com?
  18. Yankees pitching vs. Sox hitting, but tonight Eovaldi could give the Sox the edge in pitching.
  19. And thanks to moonslav for stopping the bleeding.
  20. Ok, buster, you are officially nailed for plagiarism. I said that first, but so long ago I'm not even sure it was in this century. I think the tale of this series was that better pitching won all four games and that the Sox lost 3 of the 4 because those 3 Astros starters were so good.
  21. Amen. I think command is too often his problem. When his changeup has that small, but sharp break down and to the left, he is a much better pitcher. He has claimed once or twice he has a great cut fastball, but I haven't seen it this year. That said, lack of command is likely caused by the missed season, but it was a short season (60 games) anyway.
  22. Hey, you ain't great if you ain't great, which means I really don't care about ERod's glorious past or Perez's ignominious one. It's 2021, and so far the Sox have outperformed expectations, so I'm inclined to celebrate the guys who have made that possible and not the guys who were good in 2019 when the Sox were 84-78 the year after they won 108 game in the regular season. Perez's ERA right now is 3.09 after 11 starts and 58.2 innings. ERod's is 5.64 after 10 starts and 52 innings. If ERod turns things around and gets his ERA down to 3.09, I will go ape and praise him to the skies.
×
×
  • Create New...