This game was absolutely, positively on the hitting and the bullpen. I like Wong, but tonight he was 0/4.
The Sox had one stinking ER in 9 IP--rookie Anthony's dinger in the 5th off Skenes, no less. Anthony and Bregman both had GIDP's. Sox were 1/7 with RISP.
This game was absolutely, positively on the hitting and the bullpen. I like Wong, but tonight he was 0/4.
The Sox had one stinking ER in 9 IP--rookie Anthony's dinger in the 5th off Skenes, no less. Anthony and Bregman both had GIDP's. Sox were 1/7 with RISP.
Tolle and the Sox defense looked good early on. The hitting stunk yet again and so did the bullpen (which has been great).
So, me, I'm grateful the Jays and Mariners are losing, but the Yankees are killing the White Sox and will pass us tonight.
Your fav Rafaela did him one better. Looked at 2 called strikes then swung at a pitch very low and very outside. The first pitch was fat--right down the middle.
Sox lineup scored 1 ER in 9 innings. Pathetic.
Tolle looked terrific.
You think I like Weissert? I don't. I'm just explaining why he got sent out--low ERA and righty going against righty bats.
5 relievers tonight: Weissert gave up 3 runs (2 counting against Tolle), Slaten gave up 2 hit and a walk but no runs. Hicks gave up a run. Wilson got 2 outs and no one on base. Bernardino gave up a double and a walk but escape.
So this was by no means the great Sox bullpen tonight. That said, I agree with everyone that the hitting stinks yet again.
He was at 72 after 5. I can't blame Cora for sending him back out because he was doing so well.
Weissert simply came out to throw more wood on the fire. I know how you rank him, but I cannot for the life of me see how he gets people out. He does not have great stuff and must rely on exquisite command, which he didn't have tonight against the worst hitting team in MLB.
Bregman slump continues.
He's been terrific this season--at bat, in the field, and talking to other players after the games.
But facts are facts. I think he might be tired, but whatever the reason, this I hope mild slump is in its 7th straight game.
Oh, stop
Horrible miss by the ump on that Skenes fastball. Rafaela still K'd.
Tolles need 30 pitches for the first two inning and Skenes 29.
Can't think of many rookies who could walk a guy, give up a double, and then get the next three out.