Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. This game was absolutely, positively on the hitting and the bullpen. I like Wong, but tonight he was 0/4. The Sox had one stinking ER in 9 IP--rookie Anthony's dinger in the 5th off Skenes, no less. Anthony and Bregman both had GIDP's. Sox were 1/7 with RISP.
  2. This game was absolutely, positively on the hitting and the bullpen. I like Wong, but tonight he was 0/4. The Sox had one stinking ER in 9 IP--rookie Anthony's dinger in the 5th off Skenes, no less. Anthony and Bregman both had GIDP's. Sox were 1/7 with RISP.
  3. Tolle and the Sox defense looked good early on. The hitting stunk yet again and so did the bullpen (which has been great). So, me, I'm grateful the Jays and Mariners are losing, but the Yankees are killing the White Sox and will pass us tonight.
  4. Your fav Rafaela did him one better. Looked at 2 called strikes then swung at a pitch very low and very outside. The first pitch was fat--right down the middle. Sox lineup scored 1 ER in 9 innings. Pathetic. Tolle looked terrific.
  5. You think I like Weissert? I don't. I'm just explaining why he got sent out--low ERA and righty going against righty bats. 5 relievers tonight: Weissert gave up 3 runs (2 counting against Tolle), Slaten gave up 2 hit and a walk but no runs. Hicks gave up a run. Wilson got 2 outs and no one on base. Bernardino gave up a double and a walk but escape. So this was by no means the great Sox bullpen tonight. That said, I agree with everyone that the hitting stinks yet again.
  6. Agree. The offense lately is anemic. Tonight it's 1 ER in 8 IP so far. Terrible.
  7. Wilson did well, I agree. But Weissert's ERA was under 3 and he was going in against an all righty bat Pirates lineup.
  8. He was at 72 after 5. I can't blame Cora for sending him back out because he was doing so well. Weissert simply came out to throw more wood on the fire. I know how you rank him, but I cannot for the life of me see how he gets people out. He does not have great stuff and must rely on exquisite command, which he didn't have tonight against the worst hitting team in MLB. Bregman slump continues.
  9. Tolle was already 8 pitches over his target of 72. Weissert just stunk, that's all. You got that right.
  10. Tolle was already 8 pitches over his target of 72. Weissert just stunk, that's all. You got that right.
  11. Tolle was already 8 pitches over his target of 72. Weissert just stunk, that's all. You got that right.
  12. Tolle was already 8 pitches over his target of 72. Weissert just stunk, that's all.
  13. He's been terrific this season--at bat, in the field, and talking to other players after the games. But facts are facts. I think he might be tired, but whatever the reason, this I hope mild slump is in its 7th straight game. Oh, stop
  14. No, I don't want Hicks. But I do want Weissert to do better than that against the worst hitting team in MLB.
  15. Anthony just tied him at .888 for best Sox OPS. This is his 7th or 8th bad game in a row,.
  16. Beautiful placement by Wong on that single. Very intelligent hitter. And the rookie follows suit!
  17. Horrible miss by the ump on that Skenes fastball. Rafaela still K'd. Tolles need 30 pitches for the first two inning and Skenes 29. Can't think of many rookies who could walk a guy, give up a double, and then get the next three out.
  18. Says who? I have decreed Hamilton is better and am known as great expert on baseball.
  19. Pirates are going with 8 righty bats and a switch hitter. Against Skenes Sox are going with three lefty bats and a switch hitter.
×
×
  • Create New...