Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Hitch

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hitch

  1. Who are these top quality dependable players you talk of? Whst are you jealous of that we've missed out on so far? Snell would have been exciting but came with obvious health issues and went for a big outlay. Fried got an 8 year deal. Eight! The fact you're trying to compare the AAV of Fried to Buehler and Sandoval in a post where I specifically referenced how bad the Sale and Price deals were show you're either willfully ignoring the main point, or so far gone with your annoyance that there's no point conversing with you on it anyway.
  2. It's not even Christmas and we've made a huge trade for a top of the rotation starter, been involved right to the end on Soto while bidding 700m for him, bid a substantial offer on Fried, added another starter with big upside and some smaller pieces and still you moan. I'm personally happy we didn't get Soto or Fried for their deals. But then I don't have a foot-stamping need to see money spent just because. The FO seems to have learned lessons from the Sale and Price deals. A pity some of the fans haven't.
  3. Yeah when the money is that low, it'll have zero impact on his decision. He'll go where he can win and be comfortable.
  4. They're obviously going to max out. Everyone is.
  5. I can reasonably guess based off Fried's deal and what journos are projecting for him. And at 7/8 years I'm glad we're not part of it. If his market dies and he's looking for a similar deal to Snell last year, then go for it. That seems highly unlikely.
  6. This is where people are at now. So DESPERATE to be annoyed, that even simple logic (and/or research) fails them. f***ing weird. For what it's worth, I'm glad we're going nowhere near Burnes for what he wants.
  7. It's like something has broken in him. 😐
  8. You have lost all perspective.
  9. So we add Teoscar and bull pen help and it's a bad winter? Absolute nonsense.
  10. Which would be a great off season.
  11. No QO extended to Buehler by the Dodgers either. Means we can extend one next year if he pitches well.
  12. Most likely he will be for 2026, but the best case scenario is that he can come back and help towards the mid-end of summer and into the play offs. Which is why I liked the move as long as he wasn't the only one.
  13. Love this signing. I was worried the Sandoval signing would mean nothing else was happening there. Very happy to be proven wrong and makes me like the Sandoval one even more. That's a tasty starting rotation now. You'd think that would mean the possible trades for pitching are no longer likely.
  14. Golito got injured after signing last year. As I say, if it's a depth move I like it. If that's that for the rotation it's horrible.
  15. I like the deal, as long as this isn't it for the starting rotation. The issue is, this is quite possibly it for the starting rotation.
  16. Happens in every front office of every sport, but yes the fact it was leaked is somewhat troubling.
  17. And then in a few years time be left with Burnes, Devers, Bregman (Crotchet you'd imagine) earning almost half the wage cap with our talented youngsters hitting arb years. We'd be screwed. I don't believe these Bregman rumours at all. It just makes too little sense - the money he will cost.
  18. Really liked this trade the minute I heard about it.
  19. So he's obviously not getting double if we have to make him a deal if he's pitching well then. I think we probably will sign him to an extension. I also think it's a big risk. But that comes with this and every choice.
  20. He's just been traded for 2 very highly rated prospects and 2 lower ones. We've shown our hand, the league and media loves him, just what do you see him and his agent accepting as his value? I think you're dreaming if you think he's signing a long term deal through his absolute prime years at anything under 20m a year. And if he's what we expect, or even better, pay him his 30m. But to extend him with such a small track record at what it will cost is very risky.
  21. He's not saying it's imminent next week but that if we extend him there's a more than solid chance he'll have a 2nd in that time due to the violent elbow snap on his delivery. No idea if he's on the money, I've barely seen him pitch. His injury record is sketchy at best though.
  22. I don't think we should be extending Crochet. Let's see if we really have what we think we have before doing another Sale. Keith Law calls him a TJ just waiting to happen.
  23. Bob Nightengale @BNightengale The final 5 finalists in the Garrett Crochet trade talks before the Chicago White Sox traded him: Boston Red Sox: (who landed him) Atlanta New York Yankees Cincinnati Reds Philadelphia Phillies
  24. Yes but Fried could be a bust by year 3 and a sunk cost. And the short memories/wilful ignorance of fans means Breslow would have been in the wrong then, too. The guy can't win any way he goes. But that's what being a fan seems to be these days. Find your imperfection and moan about it. It's a step price but only Teel really hurts and I love the Narvaez trade. I'm just glad we're involved at the premier player table and making moves again..
×
×
  • Create New...