Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Hitch

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hitch

  1. From what I've read and heard from the man himself, my feelings are that he would have. I think he just wanted to settle down somewhere in a city and not be shunted about with a young family. I really would have liked him back for his leadership and clubhouse glue, but I do like the Suarez contract immeasurably more. I might like it less when we're kicking the ball all around the diamond and running up the strike outs this year.
  2. Again, why are we signing Suarez if we're getting Batty or Paredes? It just isn't happening. Even if we got rid of Masa and saved $10m.
  3. I've no doubt. I can't imagine what the locker room was like in the following weeks after pulling that s***.
  4. The second one sounds like the kind of conversation I'd have lost three days to, so I lucked out!
  5. You're in dreamland man, We are not getting teams to take Hicks and Masa off us, unless we are still paying the majority of the money, and at that point we may as well keep Masa. I sure as hell don't want us binning off Abreu just so we can bring in Suarez.
  6. I wouldn't want him on our team that's for sure.
  7. Why would we add both? It's one or the other. I'm not using Abreu just to dump Hicks. He's far too good (and under control) to be using as an opportunity to salary dump and bring in inferior players.
  8. $2m is nothing. I'd rather just have his bat. I'm not sure I'd do your suggested deal there. If we can get it down further I start becoming interested though.
  9. I'm not sending Abreu away in a deal for Paredes unless they add A LOT more.
  10. Quite surprised Framber is still out there for sure. And yes, good point, I didn't think of injuries - if we can keep our starters fit (huge IF), then we become a much more enticing trade partner. But I fear more likely is our depth will become no more by the time the opener happens, too.
  11. I wouldn't trade Massa just for $2m in savings. There's no point to that as we aren't cutting him.
  12. This is f***ing ugly man, and incredibly thin-skinned.
  13. This is Cotillo's play on the latest Fenway Rundown. Attach Sandlin and sign Suarez for a year and live with it. I'd be okay with that all playing out. But I don't see Sandlin being anywhere near enough to offload Yoshida.
  14. I've signed out for the past few weeks. I didn't expect much to happen except some crazy trade proposals. I see I was right 😆 It's getting frustrating now though. At some point a move needs to be made (if it is a trade), or we're waiting on Suarez's market to disintegrate. I'd rather a trade for an infielder. Kinda feels like it should have happened by now, though.
  15. 15 teams have less revenue than the Dodgers TV income. It's utterly pointless comparing ourselves to them in anyway. Them and the Mets are in a different galaxy if Cohen wants to invest. There's some luck that they're both in the NL at least.
  16. Yeah same. Happy enough but we really need that 2nd/3rd base to round things off. I'm a tad worried about the pen, too.
  17. I'm not so sure about that. There wasn't any talk about us needing to upgrade our #3 earlier in the off season, it was all about that #2 behind Crochet. And if we had that $21m going now, maybe Bregman would be here (though probably not). Not that I'm unhappy about the rotation. But clearly Gray and Suarez was not the plan as they only pivoted because of losing Bregman, It was always one pitcher, one big bat,
  18. I don't do that. And neither do the Sox. Earlier in the season I would have considered a 1 for 1 or Mayer, but they do it now, they'd STILL need a 3rd baseman as well. Mayer is out 2nd/3rd baseman with Romy platooning. Can't see that changing now.
  19. I do wonder if they regret the Gray deal now. I'd be curious to know if they'd still do that knowing Suarez walks in the door two months later. My gut tells me no and that they'd like it to spend that $21m elsewhere. That said, Bres loves his pitchers.
  20. Yeah I'd agree with all that. I think Duran likely has to go for prospects now. There doesn't seem a natural fit for another infielder, and the prospects (or ours) can be flipped. We should be be able to get a very decent haul of prospects for him. But when it comes down to it, I'd quite like him to stay now. This offence is lacking already, subtracting him would hurt us all the more, even with last year being a down year.
  21. I'm pretty sure they're going to keep spending. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see some money come off the books, which is why I feel a Bello (or Sandoval if there's a market) could be going for the infield help. They've got a free hit now. Reset next year on LT with new bargain deal. Next year is Year 1 being over. After that - no more Yoshi or Story (and obviously Gray). So we've got breathing room and hopefully a few more position players start looking ready (Arias).
  22. Yeah zero chance I do that. Harrison...maybe. But you'd really want an extension too, and that won't be cheap, either.
  23. Absolutely zero chance of that happening.
  24. What makes him a douche?
  25. Bello (or Sandoval if there's a market) seem quite likely to go now. They will want to shed a little salary while still getting their bat for the infield. Horner is who I want now we need great infield defence, but he's one year and will cost a pretty penny, so I think that's a no.
×
×
  • Create New...