1. Here is the entire list of teams with a ready replacement for a pitcher of Chris Sale's caliber in their farm system: (Crickets, tumbleweed blowing)
2. For the most part the Sox have not been in the draft position to get stud pitchers. At the same time, the org has always preferred the predictability of position talent. Dombrowski though has shown much more willingness to draft pitching.
3. I am not sure about Pomeranz. On one hand, it's easy to see him leaving. On the other, will somebody give him a multi-year deal? If I were Dombrowski, I'd still offer him a 1 year deal. Pomeranz might have to take a "prove it" deal anyway.
4. The team is less strapped than simply in between prospect cycles. Every team faces this - we'll see how it goes.
5. Position wise, this team is as set as ownership wants it to be. There are reasons for the team to potentially quietly explore deals for Bogaerts (though I don't think it will happen, and I'm not sure I would do it in their position) - if you don't intend on re-signing him, this offseason is the sweet spot to get a strong return. At the same time, if ownership wants to keep the young talent together, they can.
6. It's a good time to be a Sox fan. The org has some hard choices, but so does every other one - and for the most part they are good choices to have.