Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

sk7326

Verified Member
  • Posts

    7,663
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by sk7326

  1. When the org and its fans pay what they do - it has been a number of years without true boss-level contenderdom. There have been times in the past where the front office understood the balance between present and future - but that has been a long ways in the rearview mirror.
  2. Honestly, given the prices of the players they let go, it looks much worse. Like, Eduardo Rodriguez at that price and Nathan Eovaldi for even a bit above what the Rangers got him for (and that even programs in his annual injury) does not look shabby now.
  3. I will say that I have trouble blaming Bloom too much. That the Red Sox have more banners than any team over the last 20 years is kind of remarkable when you see how the organization has lurched from one direction to another with almost no sense of continuity at all (particularly since Theo's departure). I always found the firing of Dombrowski to be tawdry - since he did exactly what management wanted him to do ... cash in the prospects and deliver a World Series. Henry making a shocked face when discovering the team had a high payroll and a spent farm system was downright silly. Bloom is obviously not blameless for the last few years - as much as hitters have higher floors than pitchers and are safer bets, pitcher is still like a position that you have to staff on a major league ballclub - but he has done what management has wanted, rebuild the farm with some real star ceiling. (well as long as the ceiling isn't working from the pitchers' mound) And of course, Bloom has fulfilled one of his key roles in this group - as a human shield for ownership. He has done that admirably.
  4. If he is canned, it'd make sense to happen the day after the season. Jason McLeod or Amiel Sawadye would each make a ton of sense, the latter in particular. Eddie Romero would be a great story and solid hire also.
  5. It's a position of strength. And I do think they need to get a runway to get Rafaela out there full time.
  6. Yoshi is a little rich but not crazy. But he really should be a full time DH.
  7. Without a doubt. It is why I am still a little bit optimistic. He can't be this bad a hitter for real. The thing is - the hard contact is still there, but the "bat hitting the ball" bit is not. Is that timing or bat speed. We'll have to figure that out in 2024.
  8. Trevor Story's 3 for 6 somehow got him UP to .190. Trevor Story somehow is above replacement level despite this. It's a tough combo to pull off.
  9. I meant "the analysts" as far as the "you". The team has done a lot to rebuild the lower levels with interesting pitching. But right now only Bello looks like a Top 2 starter (and he has graduated). Pitching will always have much wider error bars than position players.
  10. Probably. There is just not much standing in the way of him positionally ... and of course the offensive threshhold is much lower.
  11. Rankings are not gospel. that said - for the most part - the differences in assessment of the Red Sox system comes down to: 95% - what do you think of the Red Sox org pitching 5% - how do you rank Bleis
  12. very very small sample - but Teel raking in Greenville. That he raked on the complex and in Greenville is something we should expect from an accomplished collegian - he probably faced better competition in the ACC. He'd probably be no worse than 2nd in the position players in terms of "first to Boston" - excluding September callups.
  13. Rafael's bat is raw ... but the ability for a teeny tiny dude to drive a ball up in the strike zone is very evocative of a certain former second baseman
  14. How the team handled Houck under Dombrowski clearly did not work. That said, I think the scouting report they had for Houck has turned out to be mostly right.
  15. solid top 5, though I'd probably move Bleis down to 5 due to the shoulder.
  16. Rafaela at Worcester ... 2 BBs over first 92 ABs ... 5 walks in 22 ABs since ... is we learning??!!
  17. Are we sure about that? I saw a bunch of "Sox should go for it", particularly from the Joe Sheehan sorts nationally. Heck, once I saw the price for Scherzer - I thought the team absolutely should have made a push. I don't think the team is long term in a position to be stupid about the prospects to move. But if you knew Nick Yorke and another like-level prospect could get you a decent starter, I'd have gone for it.
  18. Jansen has been fine ... but nothing special. I think you count on recycling that.
  19. Yeah. The funny thing is I probably would have sold Jansen as well as the OFs in question.
  20. Once you see an 83-78 team win the World Series - you just have to throw your hands up in the air. But that's what makes it all fun too.
  21. Really the big whiff was the SS thing. And from Cora's perspective - the big problem ultimately became the bat with Kike. The defense was poor - but you could almost live with that - the team knew it was bad defensively. But his dropoff offensively made sustaining the rest of it impossible. Overall, the OF has been a plus considering the resources put into it. Yoshida has been a very pleasant surprise ... the ability for hitters to carry power from NPB to MLB was spotty so I understood the hesitation .. but he has delivered hard contact.
  22. I think the number of pure sellers is very low. But Seattle just traded its closer today and they are in the same WC position as Boston. So how the mushy middle behaves is still up in the air.
  23. I presume he and the club discussed the situation during the negotiations.
  24. I don't disagree. But Chang could have made that decision a bit easier.
  25. I am concerned certainly, particularly with age. But Story was on pace for a 4 win season last year. Crawford was one of the worst regulars in the league in 2011. It's not the same thing.
×
×
  • Create New...