Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Bellhorn04

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    55,090
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    76

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Bellhorn04

  1. Anthony is 22. Way, way too early to be bailing on him.
  2. Grissom was a prospect. Sale is a Hall of Fame level talent. I realize no one ever changes their positions on these things.
  3. Yeah, I still think that was a horrible trade even while admitting that Sale's rebound has exceeded all expectations. It was a horrible trade because all the Sox got in return was 10 million and Vaughn Grissom. Basically they had nothing to lose by keeping him.
  4. You're kind of making it sound like Gray was getting ragged on this year by the fans. I would think most Sox fans loved him this year.
  5. Mookie finished the season strong and ended up with a 3.9 bWAR in 123 games. If the Dodgers win it again and Mookie has a good postseason the talk will definitely return...
  6. I'm sure you're right.
  7. Sure, but that's the kind of perspective we can only have when the game is over. The manager is in effect let off the hook because they were going to lose anyway.
  8. Sure seems that way now. But I think going into the series most of us thought they had a shot if things broke their way. Quite the opposite happened of course.
  9. Also embarrassing is 73 runs in the last 26 games. This was a team that could put up a ton of zeroes on both sides of the board.
  10. I dunno, they had the third best record in an admittedly lousy league. Third best record should give you a shot at the pennant.
  11. The questionable bullpen moves are one thing, but the team's pitiful offense is a much bigger concern, I think. The Sox scored 73 runs in their final 26 games.
  12. Everybody liked Tracy for a long time. Then he gets a 3 year extension. Then he screws up. For some reason it feels like a very Red Sox sequence of events.
  13. We're all allowed to be as optimistic or pessimistic as we please. It has no impact on the team's performance either way. 🙂
  14. A season that started as a fuster, had a huge bright spot in the middle, ended as a fuster.
  15. Well, thank you game threaders for another fine season of posting, and for providing some entertainment even when the team doesn't.
  16. We've been maestros of mediocrity since then.
  17. This used to be ABY time. Now it's ABYD time. Anybody but the Yanks or the Dodgers.
  18. Nice Holy Grail reference.
  19. Story and Yoshida were both abominable signings. The only times they let Bloom spend on free agents and he whiffed twice.
  20. It's just one game, but it was a thoroughly demoralizing one for sure. And I have very little confidence in tonight's game, especially in our ability to get on the damn scoreboard. We have scored 71 runs in our last 25. Gray may have to pitch the game of his life.
  21. Oh yeah. I'm not even being partisan, just thought it was a funny image.
  22. No, I hate the 23rd in runs as my other posts should show. We were 10th in OPS+. There's something weird and enigmatic about this team's hitting. It sure can disappear for long stretches.
  23. "Escapees from Three Stooges prison episodes" did give me a chuckle.
  24. Oh well, Bregman was kind enough to go 0 for 4 last night with 3 Ks.
×
×
  • Create New...