Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. I think if they win a ring, they'll gladly trade those three players for it and not think about it twice, especially with all the heartbreak they've had in the playoffs.
  2. I hope Price and Mookie both do well in LA. They helped this team win a World Series and I see no reason to hate them. Best of luck to them, especially if they play Yankees in WS
  3. I’ve actually had a decent amount of player shirts. They’re good for pickup games and working out. Manny, Pedro, Ortiz, Pedroia, Mookie, Ellsbury and Price. A decent amount were gifts. Only ones I still have are Pedro and Mookie
  4. 8 teams would also result in literally more than half the league making playoffs. With so many bad teams, I really don’t think we need that.
  5. https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2020/02/mlb-postseason-changes-league-seriously-considering-move-from-5-to-7-playoff-teams-letting-certain-clubs-pick-opponents-report.html MLB is reportedly considering changing the playoff format, allowing 7 teams in each league, among other weird changes. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
  6. Even with the downgrade of Betts to Verdugo, I still think the offense will be among the best in the league. The pitching on the other had... Who the hell knows.
  7. I really miss watching Pedroia play for this team. It sucks his career is ending like this.
  8. I'm pretty crushed and I'm 25... I definitely felt the pain when we traded Manny in 2008, I was 14, and actually joined this site around the time we traded Manny to discuss it with other people, and even made my name after the dude we traded Manny for, who had a mostly irrelevant Red Sox career.
  9. Mookie was one of only reasons I even wanted to watch them. That was a frustrating team but Devers, Mookie, Xander, JD and a few others at least made it watchable.
  10. They do have a lot of similarities in their games. I don’t think/know if he’ll bust like Swihart but the scouting reports are eerily similar
  11. I’d love Mookie back, I’m sure we all would. But there is almost no way that happens. I think dodgers end up paying him, especially after giving up some legit prospects for him
  12. I still don’t like seeing Mookie go, but I feel a lot better about this haul.
  13. Jeter Downs: Dodgers #2 prospect 5’ 11”, 180 pounds, 21 years, righty SS but according to scouts his future is at 2B and maybe 3B. Last year in A/AA: .276, 24 HR, 86 RBI, 35 2B, 4 3B, 24 SB
  14. Jeter Downs is a very intriguing prospect. I like him
  15. Give Mookie 10/$400. f*** the trade
  16. Twins have officially backed out of the deal.
  17. The Padres aren't giving up a hell of a lot for Mookie, and last I've heard they want us to take Myers s*** contract and don't want Price. Dodgers have the best offer.
  18. Yup, that's the other thing, its not like we have some great outfielders in the wings waiting to take over. We have AAAA guys and bums.
  19. I don't get how that was a surprise to them. Everything I looked up about the guy showed he looked like a future bullpen arm, granted he has the potential to be an elite one. But he's already had some serious injuries and there is a reason he's had innings limits.
  20. I feel so bad for Isaiah Thomas. A few years ago he was an MVP candidate and looking like a superstar, and thought he was getting a max contract, and ever since he had that unfortunate death of his sister and that injury in the playoffs, he just hasn't been the same. He's been on 4 teams in the last 3 seasons, been settling for near league minimum contracts and really struggled with Cavs, Lakers and Nuggets, and now was just traded again by the Wizards to the Clippers, who plan on releasing him. Its unfortunate seeing his fall happen so fast. As a Wizards fan it was tough watching him play this season, his defense was horrendous, he clearly lost a step, was getting blocked a lot, etc. Sucks, because he is a good dude off the court and in the locker room, I've heard nothing but positive things about IT from teammates (current and former) and the charity work he was doing with Bradley Beal in DC was awesome. I hope IT latches onto another team but his days of being an impact player look long gone.
  21. Yup. Selling low usually isn't a good idea, especially when there really isn't a reason to move him.
  22. Yeah there is really no way I can see this trade falling apart, keeping Mookie, and then trying to compete with him. The trade pretty much has to happen.
  23. If I had to guess, this is the Red Sox trying to use this as leverage and either demanding: 1. Dodgers pay more of Price contract. 2. Dodgers include another prospect. I still think deal happens.
  24. None of the discussion was deleted, just merged into threads.
  25. Alright guys we don't need 10 threads about Mookie Betts. I'll leave this one and the curse of Mookie Betts thread up, but please stop making new ones regarding the same deal
×
×
  • Create New...