UtahSox
Verified Member-
Posts
778 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Boston Red Sox Videos
2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking
Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker
News
2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by UtahSox
-
Red Sox Sign 3B, 2B, SS, Isiah Kiner-Falefa
UtahSox replied to King Koji's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Everyone go out and re-watch game 3 vs Yankees if you wanna see what this offense will look like in 2026.so excited that was so fun. -
Red Sox Sign 3B, 2B, SS, Isiah Kiner-Falefa
UtahSox replied to King Koji's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
This is so F***ing pathetic. Honestly hope Beta Breslow gets caught at a Coldplay concert with his secretary. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Statistically….. and specifically on the Red Sox Rooker is a much better player than Abreu. Maybe not defensively but the add on offense with the other players around him would offset Anthony playing RF. on the cubs deal isn’t that what Romero is? Top100ish?? Maybe you could switch Romero for Bennett?? I think this makes us our best team 2026. It leaves farm system pitching fairly barren. But Beta Breslow is actually really good at pitching development. I can give a compliment when earned. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Yes + means plus /= or id never consider all 3 -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
B Rooker for Abreu + Witherspoon N Hoerner for Sandoval + Harrison + Romero you making those 2 deals? Our roster would be insanely improved… we still have to figure out what to do with Mata. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Hell, yes, on this deal. Hoerner fits line up insanely well. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
As receive: prospects (from Astros) and Bello + Early you still full send? -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
I like it, but I don’t think the A’s take that deal. I think pot needs to be sweetened there. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
That was my first reaction too but…… assuming my trade package above: Rooker could probably play left field OK, and then you’re just where you were last year with the four outfielders, and without a really solid second base, you could move Rafaela to second base quite a bit, putting Duran in center, and let Masa DH a bit. Plus, injuries have been fast to hit this team. I think the A’s would make the move. It gets them younger, they have a they have an amazing young core, better defensively, give them a left-handed bat. And they are really not playing for the postseason this year but in the next couple of years. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Not mine…. And I’ll even put my max offer trades out there to be criticized. Unlike beta Breslow, I know you have to give something up to get really good players back. 1. K Marte for Abreu/ Duran +Bello +Harrison +Romero 2. N Hoerner for Bello + Crawford/ Harrison/ Romero 3. (New) B Rooker for Abreu + Bello/ Harrison/ Crawford/ Witherspoon 4. Shaw + ___ for Rafaela/ Abreu/ Duran 5. Sign Andujar have me depressed for a couple weeks. Then move on. 6. E Tovar for Abreu + Bennett + Harrison 7. Isaac Paredes + ____ for Abreu 8. Go into the season with this exact roster. i’ve never once looked at the BTV stuff you guys do. I always find it interesting, but when I throw out a trade, I shoot from the good ole hip. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
I would be over the moon about Brent Rooker as our DH. He would fit so well into this lineup and into Fenway. Hits right hand pitching for power. Hits left hand pitching for average doesn’t strike out nearly as much. He makes us a much better team. Even if you have to give up W Abreu + young pitching to get him. Outfield: JD16, CR3, RA19, BR, MY Infield: still need a guy. But I think it moves you off of Isaac Paredes, and allows you to wait till May or June to figure out 2nd base. Give Campbell, another chance, see if Marcelo Meyer can hit left-handed pitching, make a decision as summer turns. -
I did……. Rengifo can play 3rd too. Solid defensively… offensively very meh
-
Here is what I envision… No room for DHam RHP LHP J Duran CF J Duran DH T Story SS T Story SS R Anthony LF R Anthony LF W Contreras 1B W Contreras 1B W Abreu RF W Abreu RF M Yoshida DH R Gonzalez 2B C Rafaela 2B C Rafaela CF M Mayer 3B M Andujar 3B C Narvaez C C Narvaez C C Wong C/inf C Wong C/inf K Campbell ? K Campbell ? M Andujar 3B/LF M Mayer 3B/2B R Gonzalez 2B/3B M Yoshida OF
-
I think the play is Miguel Andujar. Guy rakes vs LHP, see where you are in May. Should be a lot of options at second base if Marcelo or Trevor are hurt by then. I can’t believe Beta Breslow didn’t sign or trade for anyone in the infield. If On December 1st, you had told me where we’d be today. I would have had an absolute temper tantrum come apart.
-
The no trade route: thoughts on Andujar+ Rengifo add? platoon Andujar and M Mayer at 3b platoon R Gonzalez and Rengifo at 2b I can’t believe this is where we are.
-
I agree, but you wanted to make the trade before he signed, now we’ve lost leverage that Suarez is an option for us. For example, if we call to check in with the Houston Astros today, they have more leverage than they did yesterday.
-
Donavan is a good baseball player, but his splits vs LHP are not good. 614 ops we could probably live with that, if it wasn’t for our 4 OF’s all hitting considerably worse vs left hand pitching as well. There are a lot of things to like about Donovan… He doesn’t strike out too much 13% SO, hits majority of balls up middle, his exit velocity is still climbing as well. And his hard hit % percentage is climbing. If we make this trade, and don’t give up any positional starters. I do like our depth. But in a pinch, like last year, let’s say both Abreu and Roman are out. Donovan plays pretty decent outfield, can play third base can play second base all at a very serviceable skill level. So I like his bat to ball, flexibility, defense, good teammate. The only thing I don’t like about him is the way he hits left-handed pitching. And not that it’s that bad, it’s just the way the team sets up. Nico is the guy….. I agree with you that we can’t guarantee that Craig would resign Hoerner. I just think it makes us the best baseball team. If we’re gonna give up Tolle in a package…. We better get an elite player back……. K Marte.
-
I’ve been the biggest defender of JD…. I’m officially ready to trade him for Nico Hoerner. Nico fits this freakin lineup like a glove.
-
As we look at the lineup vs RHP it’s not great but not horrific offense. 4 outfielders hit well vs RHP, Mayer hits much better, Contreras and Story are close to even splits. It’s an offense that can produce. vs LHP it’s dicey at best. LHP Avg OBP% OPS R Anthony .278 .337 .770 C Rafaela .220 .265 .679 W Abreu .230 .299 .678 J Duran .211 .260 .600 M Mayer .154 .185 .414 Roman hits lefties decently well, Ceddane has surprising reverse splits vs lefties , Jarren was awful last year, and Abreu is not great. That exacerbates the need for Inf vs LHP because Mayer is AWFUL So he is for sure platooning with Romy. We need someone who can rake vs LHP. Here are the options: LHP Avg OBP% OPS I Paredes .200 .324 .691 N Hoerner .369 .396 .935 M Shaw .250 .318 .808 B Donavan .230 .292 .614 K Marte .277 .375 .891 M Andujar .389 .409 .986 Honestly some of you guys might have more data than me, why Paredes was so bad versus left-hand pitching? If that is more than an anomaly, I don’t think he’s the answer, obviously Donovan is much worse vs LHP. No go there. Which leads me to this list: 1. K Marte 2. N. Hoerner Big gap 3. Matt Shaw another big gap 4. M. Andujar 5. N Arenado 6. K. Campbell
-
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Since rarely this board stays on topic, and I didn’t know where to ask a question. I’ll just ask it here . I popped over to the Cubs message board, I wanted to see what their thoughts and feelings were on a trade. Consensus, they really love, Nico Hoerner. And hate their owner way worse than we do. HA Whilst on that website, I came across a hypothesis or theory about the Boston Red Sox that I haven’t read here. It might exist and I just missed it, so apologies if it’s already been written about ad nauseam. They implied that Craig Breslow has taken a big chance on the ABS system and that it might be part of the reason why we ended up with Suarez and Gray as opposed to any type of bat at all. Do you guys agree with this? 1. That this was actually part of his thought process. 2. That he consciously chose pitching, and guys who throw strikes over hitting? what do you think that means for our team offensively? We have an absolute ton of swing and miss in our lineup. And a few guys that are known for chasing. I know it’s not every pitch and only in a challenge situation so I’m wondering how much this will alter the 2026 Landscape. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
If we don’t make any trades, and the Red Sox are unwilling to spend money. That Sonny gray trade looks really bad now, huh? We obviously don’t know what the future holds with injuries, etc., but it for sure limited what we could accomplish in terms of improving the lineup. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Here we go again, taking one little line creating an entire message about it… no, I do not personally know the efforts he made, I didn’t sit next to him, and follow him around all winter, nor have I quit my job and just stalked Raffy. That is what I was told via somebody from the front office adjacent of the Boston Red Sox. The Red Sox were disappointed in his effort. I totally get the language thing, growing up as a Mormon in Utah at the age of 19 you “volunteer” (with considerable pressure from your generalized other) to serve a mission, and they send you anywhere in the world they want. It’s supposed to be an act of faith…. They actually have a hymn entitled “I’ll go where you want me to go dear lord” I happened to be sent to a Spanish-speaking country, so I was forced to learn Spanish. At any given time there were 200 gringos in my mission, forcing our twisted Anglo-Saxon, traditional beliefs upon others. None of us chose to be where we were, so I saw various levels of competence and commitment to learning language. I get it the Vogue thing to say is “well everybody learns differently,” which is true, and I fully witnessed that. But this individual, I sat next to expressed that there was some level of frustration at Devers commitment to his body and I quote “learning English”. And let me get out in front of this. This is not me body shaming Devers. I don’t care…… I didn’t document what he ate on Friday nights, or if he got up and lifted weights on Saturday morning,…..just simply what was relayed to me in early August 2025. -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Nope…… I actually got that from a FO member adjacent I met in SD last year… when RS played Padres. I sat next to him in game 1 of series. I’m kinda uniquely qualified to give insight on the “forced” to learn a 2nd language, my experience is effort is really important. If people know you’re trying, they give you grace… So effort to learn is what RS were looking for. Yes there are varying skill levels and successes with 2nd languages. You know how I feel about JH and Bres, I rarely side with them. Yet I understand if you sign a 10 yr 300m deal to be the face of franchise. It’s ok to expect effort. But if you look at Ohtani English progression it’s getting better and better. Sidebar on Ohtani front you don’t actually believe the interpreter had access to millions of Ohtani’s dollars without him knowing what was going on? -
A Realistic Look at the 2026 Red Sox: Part I
UtahSox replied to moonslav59's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Wanted him to learn English, he wouldn’t. They wanted him to be face of RS, which means he needed to speak English. Wanted him to get in shape in offseason he wouldn’t. Boston actually sent tutors and trainers to DR in 2024-25 offseason and he avoided them until they gave up. Then had a temper tantrum about making the team better. Because it dislodged him at 3b. He was a poor teammate. -
Red Sox sign Ranger Suarez. 5 years $130 Million
UtahSox replied to Jasonbay44's topic in Boston Red Sox Talk
Ok but sign him and then work on getting under 3rd tax line. Otherwise we risk losing him, and then we will be stuck upgrading and salary dumping via trade.

