Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

drewski6

Verified Member
  • Posts

    5,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by drewski6

  1. I may be bordering on campaigning vs just calling em as I sees em, but I just really really really really think that Breslow is an absolute clown and not only a bad GM but a bad person. And I just think that any attempt to excuse this sinking team (in his third year, with an increased budget) is fool-talk. This is his team. And he cant get bats. He can ship em out but cant bring em in.
  2. Disappointing to me, may suggest that the roster isnt fatally flawed, and I would disagree with that. But disappointing could also mean relative to expectations (not because of the roster but more so due to bad AL, that we are already so many years into a "rebuild")....I would agree disappointing is a key word in that sense. Just dont excuse this joke of a roster brought to you by an absolute clown of a GM who cant even answer direct questions
  3. Some are calling this the worst red sox team of all time, when you contextualize the team against the backdrop of the hilariously weak AL, I think you can make a point relative to expectations. Would probably need this context though, because I dont think its the worst ever without the context of a bad AL, coming off a playoff appearance....
  4. Breslow: People are a means to an end JH: A man after my own heart
  5. I was thinking of skenes but can appreciate how he could be an exception. I do agree with you (and Notin) that it will never be like basketball
  6. same page. Id take the most I can get for Gray, Chapman, IKF....If the most I can get is mediocre or even a "merely good" return for Contreras, I keep him. You have to force me to trade Contreras with an offer I cant refuse. With Gray, Chapman, and IKF - im willing to negotiate. Im sure teams would be lining up to try to add a modestly priced .900 OPS bat to this team and next years. But Im not sure they are willing to give me what I want....And it starts with their top prospect. ANd then I look to move that prospect in the offseason.
  7. I believe that the breslow regime reminds me of how we treated tito, and thats flat unacceptable to me. Come in last place. Make bonehead baseball moves, blah blah blah....But the reason why I am so anti-breslow is the way he sees and treats people. My buddy was making a good case to me that this overlaps with him being so analytical. Cuz he doesnt see humans as humans, just stats.... I hadnt really linked the 2, and I thought that when people called him bresbot or worried about him being too analytical that more referred to forcing a one size fits all plate approach on all players.....But Im seeing now how it crosses over into jsut not being compassionate....and im feeling less in the minority on my particular issues with bresbot.
  8. The NIL kind of changed this. Guys are staying in college longer and its a trend that should continue and youll see more ncaa -> majors soon
  9. But the comment I was replying to , you had "SS" as top need, closer as second, adn 2b/3b as third. I was saying that my top need is a great hitter (any position)
  10. But Notin was implying that there wouldnt be much demand. I understand being very hesitant to trade him and I agree.
  11. Players like him? A .926 OPS signed to this year and next. A guy you can reasonably expect to mash and be a great help to your playoff hopes this year and next. I think most contenders would be interested.
  12. I understand but some random guy on a sox forum suggested that we get Bichette and hes struggled so this proves that the architect of the worst RS team in my life (throw out the short season) needs to keep his job.
  13. I look forward to someone telling me the issue is my expectations then pointing to our record vs vegas spread. Heres my expectations - over a 10 year period, more playoff series wins than fourth or fifth place finishes. And Im even willing to punt on a couple years in between competitive teams. I feel like my bar here is not particularly unfair. The one thing I will not compromise on, is my expectation that they treat human beings like human beings, and that doesnt always seem to be the case.
  14. Its not going to be the status quo, hes going to trade abreu, duran, and contreras for pitching and there will be much rejoicing.
  15. SS who can hit are not really available. And there arent a ton of 2b/3b who can hit either. You have a quality bat way too low, which is why I do not like a position by position view. Need 1: A hitter as close to .900 OPS as possible, I care not where he plays (he can even play OF or be a DH) Need 2: A second hitter as close to .900 OPS as possible, for this one, infield preferred but not necessary. And yes, I move guys around defensively if I have to. When you say we want a SS who can hit and field...you cant get all of that so you start compromising on this hitting ability for positional fit. I say compromise on ideal positional alignment before you compromise on hitting.
  16. if we are out of it by deadline and we dont move chapman or gray, thats a bit of a fail. So as we tick closer to the deadline (hour wise), could see us starting to settle for those guys. Get the best we can. But with Contreras , you meet my selling price, or hes not getting traded.
  17. I agree. Im a little surprised there is a contingent here saying he doesnt have much value. But I guess its relative to what people mean when they use terms like modest value. Im obviously not expecting a soto package for him, but i would expect a pretty significant return, and it still might not be enough for me. Going into next season with Abreu, Contreras, Cedanne, Anthony....Add 2 good hitters and we could be in business. The challenge is getting 2 good hitters. Im listening on Contreras because anther team would get him for 2 playoff pushes vs one for us (2027, and thats if there is a season), so like youve said about Duran , he may have more value to another club, so im listening. But im not settling.
  18. First of all, I fully expect Breslow to get fired after this season. There is a multi-year trend of us moving towards noodlebat land, and now that we are squarely in it, Im hearing trade Duran (our best hitter in May) and trade Contreras (our best hitter in June). Par for the course , I s'pose. Breslow lucked into contreras, he got contreras because he could fit the 17m alongside Bregman. He didnt expect this. Nobody did. That doesnt mean he gets 0 credit, im sure there were things about contreras offense that breslow liked. Id move contreras, but i completely reject your seemingly devaluation of good hitters who play dh/1b and your overrating of defense first guys. 80% of the value comes from the bat. Contreras has a ton of trade value. And Im not moving him excpet for a big package.
×
×
  • Create New...