Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,211
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. He’s an athlete, no doubt about that. Had he chosen a different sport, he probably would be a great tight end (at worst, a left tackle) in football or a power forward in pumpkin chucking.
  2. I agree Tampa and Toronto are halfway decent, middle of the road type teams. Baltimore is as bad as they look. That 16-38 (.296 was winning percentage) record against everyone else equates to a 48 win season if they didn’t play the Yankees and Sox. That would still get them into one of the worst records in the modern era (since 1900). Add in their record against the big 2 and they are teetering on 62 Mets territory.
  3. That’s why I said I am in no way comparing them. Somebody said Devers had a rough day defensively; all I was pointing out is even the best have tough days once in a while. I think Devers can be a serviceable third baseman but that probably will be his ceiling.
  4. Bad days happen, offensively and defensively. It doesn't matter who you are. I am in no way comparing them, but Brooks Robinson made 3 errors in a game at least a couple of times. There was one game when he made 3 in one inning. As I said, those games happen. Devers has been trending upward defensively from what I've seen. He is far from a finished product. I doubt he will ever be in the conversation for a gold glove, but he is getting better.
  5. Castillo, and bringing him up has severe luxury tax implications for both this year and next. It's not always as cut and dried as we want it to be.
  6. The problem is the cap; not easy to improve when you have no salary room to maneuver, and DD's marching orders from above may be no exceeding the cap. Onone of us know for sure. This is where Sandoval's contract really hurts. Hanley's wasn't great, but at least he was here for most of it.
  7. By going Manaea/Sabathia on steroids. Perfect location, never two pitches in the same place or at the same speed. Warren Spahn would have been proud. Mariners flashed some leather as well.
  8. There aren't THAT many guys out there who throw like that, and there certainly aren't pitching staffs loaded with them. Relax.
  9. Only problem is there really is nobody right now who merits a promeotion. Lin I guess, but he's a meh.
  10. That was like the 20th game of the year; can we really say the team hitting before that game was the real Sox or are the current genre more realistic? OTOH, I note that Manaea's no hitter was also on a Saturday; so can we say that the Red Sox are vulnerable to left handers with change-ups pitching on Staurday's on the west coast?
  11. The Sox scored 4 off Manaea the 2nd time they saw him, though. And I think if they see LeBlanc next week, they will do better as well. You still have to execute the pitches and there's no way LeBlanc can execute any better than he did tonight.
  12. So in other words, you can't answer the question. Baseball is an inconsistent game; if you can't figure that out, you are going to always be miserable as a fan.
  13. What "manner and attitude" should a manager have?
  14. If everyone has been brilliant, how have the Red Sox won 48 games and scored the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) most runs in all of major leaguie baseball?
  15. Actually, if you would take you head out of your rear, you would know the reason. LeBlanc has been brilliant. As I said, its a classic example of actual pitching as opposed the throwing we usually see.
  16. It really would not surprise me to see LeBlanc face the minimum 27 (if he's allowed to pitch the 9th, which I bet he won't be unless the Mariners score a few runs). He has been masterful.
  17. All I know is this a classic example of pitching. No two pitches ever in the same place, no two pitches at the same speed.
  18. I swear Bradley gets more borderline pitches called strikes than any batter in baseball. He's bad enough, he doesn't need help striking out.
  19. Cobb slid feet first with spikes high.
  20. I didn't think so, and there wasn't enough to overturn it anyway.
  21. I don't care if it gets you there quicker or not (I don't think it does); the risk of an injury to a hand or finger is too great. The ONLY time you do it is to avoid a tag on a throw up the first base line and you want to get under it (and then you aren't worried about getting to the base quicker).
  22. Yep. I'm thinking the shortstop gets it if LeBlanc doesn't.
  23. Bogaerts if you run through the bag you may have beaten that.
  24. If he's going to be out there, they've got to think opposite field. That's how they got to Paxton last night (though the Mariners helped out in the field as well).
×
×
  • Create New...