I would love to blame this one on Price, but I blame 2 of his 3 runs on Bogaerts, first for the two errors causing an unearned run, then for the runner who advanced from 2d to 3d (and later scored) on a grounder to Bogaerts when he had a good play at 3b to nab him.
The other problem is the Angels starter had good stuff, fast ball 95-98 mph, excellent slider he used a lot and to good effect, and a curve and changeup he used now and then.
I think Price for all his faults could have gone 7 innings last night--without Bogie's 2 errors and mistaken play that allowed those 2 runs and which would have saved Price some extra pitches--giving up just 1 run. Assuming a 1-1 tie, I like our bullpen against theirs with Kelly in the 8th and maybe the 9th, Kimbrel in the 9th or 10th, etc.
At the beginning of the game the Fox announcers said one key for the Sox was simply scoring 4 runs because the Sox were/are 37-10 in games in which they score 4 or more runs.
We are getting close to the midway point, 81 games, in this season and it is becoming more and more evident that this team will continue to rely much more on its pitching, which is actually pretty good despite all of my (and others) whining, than on its hitting.
I think the biggest problem with the hitting is the absence of a big bat in the middle of the order and the weakness of the 8th and 9th slots which more and more opposing teams have come to rely on as a ready source of outs.