Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Well then we think alike. When I'm down on a player, I love being wrong. Unfortunately, I tend to crow when I'm right--which is wrong. Your enthusiasm for this team never wavers despite the red flags on bonehead plays.
  2. Isn't that always true? I lived in FL for a year during WW II and hated the lack of seasons. I wanted snow. These days I don't much like snow, but I still like those seasons.
  3. Thus a great chance to be able to say I told you so.
  4. With righty Andriese starting, I'm thinking more lefty bats--Moreland at 1b, Holt possibly at 2b, Devers at 3b, Beni in LF, Leon at C, JBJ in CF. Three mostly likely righties: Pedey at DH (unless he is well enough to play 2b), Bogie at SS, Betts in RF. Not sure I see HanRam in there if Pedey can't play 2b. Vazquez's bat would be just fine against a righty, but Sale likes Leon behind the plate I think. I expect Sale to pitch well, but that doesn't mean the hitters/lineup can take a break. You can't win if you can't score.
  5. Even more depressing now, but this time for good reason. Irma no slouch. Sweep and get out is exactly right.
  6. Sale vs. Andriese (righty), advantage good guys. First game at the Trop post-Irma could be interesting. Yankees didn't have to go and in fact played their Rays series close to home. Starting this early because I might be working late. Nunez still out. Price available in the bullpen.
  7. You seem to think their is no pressure on the Yankees.
  8. Wow. I just read Price is going to the bullpen because he wants to play and realizes time is too short to build back up to starting. If he can adjust, he could be very good.
  9. My two cents on swinging at first pitches is that overall our guys seem to be lousy at it--see tonight's and last night's game. Sometimes they seem to be swinging just to be swinging and hit a pitcher's pitch--leading to an easy out. Other times it's the right pitch, but they still can't get a hit--another easy out. So right now I am tempering my enthusiasm for aggressive hitting. Exceptions would be Nunez and Pedey who seem to be pretty good at it (and also at getting walks). Smart hitters, both.
  10. That was me being facetious. Of course he was great.
  11. May become? Passed that gate awhile ago. Something just happens in these game threads. i've tried to tone it down a little on the others. Apparently, I seem to enjoy having to apologize and will do so again as soon as moonslav reads that post. I just like Beni, even with the long hair. This has been a tough season for almost everyone, and he has stood pretty tall,especially for a rookie. Thus do I tolerate his mistakes in the outfield and on the basepaths. Why do we expect perfection--you know, what gets called good fundamentals--when good enough really is good enough, at least for now?
  12. Speaking of fire. I know Beni got those 3 hits and 3 rbi's, but did you see that misplay? Plus he has all that speed and simply stopped trying steal bases or do anything remotely risky. I'm thinking he has no fire.
  13. On to Tampa. Really? The Trop after Irma? Orioles at the Yankees tonight, Miley vs. Tanaka. Strangely enough,both have lousy ERA's this year, 4.96 and 4.82. Miley is 8-12, Tanaka 11-11. Tough luck for Baltimore: Ellsbury is leading off for the Yankees--no Gardner. Jacoby is tearing the League up this year--why did we ever let him go?--and Gardner is just, you know, pedestrian. No fire.
  14. I hope Kimbrel knows he still can't get the save if he is the one cutting the lead to 3 or 2 or 1 runs.
  15. Why oh why do guys like Kelly, Reed, and Kimbrel--guys with pretty good stuff--have to make things so hard?
  16. Bullpen, bullpen wherefore art thou, bullpen? I'll tell you where--out there scaring some pretty loyal fans, including especially those at Fenway.
  17. No need to be. Positing JBJ at $100M for 5 years leads to a much more interesting discussion. Betts for that money almost makes sense. Where's the fun in that?
  18. My, my. top of the 9th with Kimbrel on the mound. Whoops, single off a first pitch fastball.
  19. Since I brought zero mojo to this game and missed big chunks of it, I would like to thank all those guys talking about Thunder's eco class today instead. Vintage talksox. Pom came through--just about a perfect start for him--6 innings, 1 run. Lots of pitches, but that's what he needs to be successful. What little I saw of the defense also came through. Hitting really came through, especially Beni. Bullpen apparently had instructions from JF or the pitching coach to scare us fans and onlookers half to death. So I guess that means they were OK.
  20. Beni, batting 3d, comes through. Does Farrell know lineups or does he know lineups? (I'm smiling)
  21. Did JBJ really, truly strike out with men on 2d and 3d and no one out? Seriously? Note that elder statesman--the over the hill guy--quickly hit a sac fly to get one guy home. JBJ batting 9th is right where he needs to be even though has definite hitting potential (and some pretty good numbers form 2016).
  22. Missed a lot, but replays show some pretty alert defense by the Sox to get hyperaggressive A's runners. I know, I know--only our guys are actually boneheads. Other teams are pretty solid on the fundamentals because they are better coached and managed.
  23. He got him! Six outs to go with the 3-1 lead intact.
  24. Another 1-2 count with just one out needed.
  25. Good grief. EVen Reed has hurt, giving up a double and a walk to load the bases--after getting a 1-2 count, no less.
×
×
  • Create New...