Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Terrible call by the HP ump--screwed Pom on a nice fastball which was on the inside corner right in front of the ump's vision. Thus no excuse.
  2. Temp is 57 degrees. Football weather.
  3. Devers looked very foolish on two knuckle curves in the dirt. So far McCullers is just skating along without a care in the world. Everything is working.
  4. HanRam swung at the right pitch, but not solidly. Moreland grounds out on the knuckle curve. Looks like last night when we were hitless first time through the order.
  5. Cleveland still up 1 game on the Astros going into today.
  6. So far Pom is riding the knuckle curve for all it is worth. 2 innings, 24 pitches to get through Astros first hitters.
  7. McCullers seems to have command of three good pitches--95 mph fast ball, knuckle curve, and changeup. Pom just has the two--no changeup--although sometimes he throws a cut fastball.
  8. Crowds have been small throughout this homestand. First four games averaged 34K, last night over 36K but not 37K.
  9. Nice first by Pom. Good to see JBJ in CF--if he can only hit.
  10. Pomeranz vs. McCullers. Probably our best shot to take one.
  11. Fair or not, it's always on the manager. See Francona in 2011.
  12. Of course you start Pom. Except for Fister, all five starters stunk their last time out. I sure don't want Porcello or ERod, and Sale has to be available for the final game, winning which will still get us the AL East.
  13. This one was all on the lineup--an error, a bad throw from RF, a passed ball, 1 for 7 with RISP (of course), caught stealing (of course). Four doubles to no avail. Leon 3 of 3 K's. Beni K's with a man on 3b and 1 out. HanRam doubles with 2 out and no one on, but grounds out weakly with the bases loaded and two outs. Fister in my judgment came thru but did make a big mistake throwing a fat pitch (with first base open) against Bregman who had already hit him twice. But for that and Betts's lousy throw and lousy hitting by the three killer b's--the Sox win this game. If the Sox can't close the Yankees out, I will be on the dump Farrell bandwagon. As I look back on the season, I don't mind the baserunning or the bad throws and I sure don't blame him for the lousy hitting. But I do blame him for the lackadaisical coverage of 1b by the pitchers and his complete failure to encourage all his staff to get better on keeping the pitches low. Among his starters, only Fister does that consistently. Among the relievers, just Reed, but not always.
  14. OK. bottom of the 9th with 4th, 5th, and 6th batters--Betts, Moreland, and HanRam. Against Giles. Betts gets his pitch--a slider up in the zone and in the middle--and grounds out. Awful
  15. That's exactly what I thought.
  16. I could swear Sandy Leon has gained at least 20 pounds this season. Does he really think he has it made?
  17. WAs he really out? Looked like a poor tag by holt to me.
  18. Two mistakes by Farrell, I think. No big ones. But I would not have had Holt pinch run--surely someone else was better. And I would certainly not have sent him down to 2b because he's just not fast enough. moonslav has a point--as do others--that Farrell's unshakable belief in Holt is unfathomable. DD can fix that so easily. In all honesty, however, I was certain that Betts would not get a hit.
  19. So Rajai says, "I gotta help my buddy Leon. I'll look even worse."
  20. Leon K's three times and looked really bad all three times. I mean totally helpless.
  21. Bases loaded, unfortunately, with HanRam at bat. Sorry, but not much faith in him. Bad in September, bad with bases loaded. Plus he's HanRam. That's our HanRam, a dreadlocked piece of inconsistency. The entire team has left 7 guys on, and he has now left 4 of them.
  22. Beni, Beni, Beni. Those were good pitches, but they were all the same pitch in basically the same darn place--he should have adjusted in utterly failed to.
  23. I have been skeptical of Price, but he has shown us a lot since he came back.
  24. Like Matt Damon in The Martian. We're alive!
×
×
  • Create New...