Meh. Black hole or not, this lineup is doing about as well as your guys. I don't disagree Betts and JDM could drop back, but at the same time think it's foolish to assume the black hole will stay that way. Leon and Vazquez have both hit in the past. Moreland is available to replace JBJ in the lineup. And Pedroia is due back this month.
So I'm not worried about the hitting, but am about the pitching, and there moonslav says I'm wrong--so I hope he is right. Overall, I expect this to be a real horse race, underscored by the fact that the teams have split 6 games and the Sox looked tougher in their losses than the Yankees did in theirs. The Sox had a real shot at winning games 1 and 2 at Yankee Stadium, which happened when they were in one of their big winning streaks.