Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. I knew you were going to say something like that after today's game.
  2. And the Yankees lost in 12 to the Rays.
  3. ERod is beginning to remind of that other lefty Felix Doubront. Tonight he didn't have his best stuff, so he just kind of went through the motions. And, to top it off, he was late covering 1B. It looks like he is gaining some weight too.
  4. Lin looks awful in his first two at bats. Clueless. 2 K's. For the season he is well under the Mendoza Line. and tedwilliams101 wants to play him every day.
  5. Bulletin to tedwilliams101: the Yankees caught the Sox on May 8. It's been back and forth since then. Why are you in such a panic?
  6. Team likes like crap tonight. Devers, especially, but honestly ERod looks like he only wants to go 5 innings, if that.
  7. Why are we comparing Devers and Moncada when the deal was for Sale, who I think has been more than satisfactory? Moncada is a year older than Devers and already not as good a ballplayer--hitter, anyway--in my opinion. He is clearly a better athlete, and I am certainly worried about Devers' weight which could seriously erode his potential and even his ability to play a lot. 6 feet tall and 230 pounds (or more) is a little scary even though right now he carries it well.
  8. They sure do, but I was hoping no one would notice. Plus, to be honest, I do think they have the best lineup in MLB.
  9. Good news on the hitting front came just in time because Wright last night reminded us of the fragility of the knuckle ball--10 runs worth in 3.1 innings. Wright had by far the best ERA in the rotation before last night because he was simply unhittable and that knuckle curve and not-horrible fastball were like icing on the cake. Only this time the cake came out flat, flat, flat. So now maybe our rotation ain't the 2d best in the majors. A weeks or so ago the Sox had the third best ERA in MLB, and now they are 7th. The good news is they are still 3d best in the AL behind the Yankees and Astros. And they are #1 in MLB in runs scored. And something else I saw in the series at Yankees stadium where the Sox lost 2 of 3 but had a shot at winning all 3 and again later in Seattle when they split and again last night when Wright had that horrible 1st. This team is tougher than they look. When JBJ is in CF they got three midgets in the outfield. Devers still has his baby fat out there at 3B and sometimes seems very undisciplined. Bogie, who should be short, is a tall SS who ain't brilliant by any means, but sure wants to keep that job. 2B isn't a disaster, but it sure doesn't look the way it did when Pedey--still on the DL--was out there. Both catchers are good on defense, but not on offense. But overall this lineup, led by JDM who is pretty much on par with Big Papi in his best seasons--wild applause for DD for getting him--is just plain tough even though some games they can get shut down. But to me that's OK because they are pretty young: only Moreland, JDM, and Nunez/Holt are over 30. And, mad as I am at what he did last night, just maybe Cora is one of the reasons these guys seem to be pretty resilient.
  10. Exactly right. I said it when the score was 10-6--the Sox had just gotten 1 back--and was still furious at Cora. The lineup bailed Cora out last night. And the bullpen did a good job too. I was surprised at how bad Wright could be when the knuckler wasn't working--a disaster. Given his previous starts--all good--Copa should have realized after the 1st inning he had a time bomb on his hands, but he didn't. That was especially galling because the lineup scored 5 in the bottom of the 1st kept the Sox in the ball game even after 2 more by Seattle in the 2d. On top of that is that Cora has 13 pitchers right now--one extra--and two long relievers, Velazquez and Johnson, to take care of these starter disasters. If LaBelle had been the LaBelle of a week ago last night, I would honestly not have cared what Cora did once Wright gave up the first 4 runs. The game would have been over in my mind. Just a bad read by Cora. Simple as that.
  11. I take it back. What a bunch of quitters. Just a 2 run dinger and then a triple in the 6th. Are these guys trying? What a phony hit by Bogie. Who cares that Moreland scored to make it 10-9.
  12. And may I also say I do not understand what in the hell Swihart is doing at DH. I'd much rather have JBJ in CF.
  13. I agree of course. But you know something? I like the team even more because they didn't give up. Johnson's pitched his ass off. They just scored another to make it 10-6. I ain't over. Cora needs to see that and make up his mind to make better decisions. FWIW--I now include using Scott in the 8th as another bad decision. I think he needs to stop experimenting just to see what happens.
  14. What move? Have you read none of moonslav's comments? The moves were made before the season started, and they were pretty good. The salary package for this team overall is the biggest in MLB. We can disagree about any or all of the trades and contracts and signings, but making a move is problematical especially with the kind of things you want to do.
  15. Another thing. Cora ain't managing a bunch of also-rans. This is a good, competitive team with 50 wins, and they deserve someone with a little better insight. Of course, it's possible some of those wins are because of the way he handles the players. But he has to have lost a lot of respect with tonight's game.
  16. Definitely agree with that, but I'm still mad as hell as Cora. What the hell is the point of having an extra reliever and at least two long relievers is you aren't going to use them?
  17. It was, and it was horrible before Cruz came to the plate. Cora is showing his rookie colors tonight and I think in some prior games when I defended him.
  18. I'm through defending Cora. Tonight was the dumbest job of managing I can remember. Wright showed how bad he was in the first inning. Cora has an extra pitcher right now, so there should be no hesitation on getting someone warm in the 2d inning, and Cora let it ride until the 4th. Stupid, stupid, stupid. This is especially galling because the Sox actually took the lead back in the 1st, so this game was winnable. Going into the 4th it was still winnable and Cora refused to warm anyone up until it was too late.
  19. I say again, right now Cora is the only manager in MLB who has 13 pitchers--one extra--on his active roster. Tonight he was just plain dumb.
  20. I'm so mad I'm rethinking all the other times I defended him.
  21. I agree on that too. I might add that of course neither Wright nor Vazquez was going to suggest in any way that Wright didn't have it tonight. That are both partly complicit. You cannot, repeat, cannot trust a knuckler after that first inning. What the hell were those guys thinking? Plus two more in the 2d. Idiocy.
  22. The problem was he didn't have anyone warming up at the first sign of trouble in the 4th. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
  23. Everyone knows I defend Cora on every single move, but not tonight. This was rookie manager at his worst and failing to understand that a knuckler gone bad is incredibly vulnerable. 10 runs, 5 of which belong to Cora. Shameful.
  24. ********. What Cora has done tonight is unconscionable. It was clear in the 2d inning that Wright didn't have it. He should have had someone warming up from the 3d inning on. He's got an extra reliever, by the way.
  25. Sox are carrying 13 pitchers right now, one more than every other MLB team. Send one down.
×
×
  • Create New...